[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

3 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

I don't thik so. Unless I'm missed something, transfer window planer do that. It use Kerbal alarm clock in combination to create alarm just before transfer window is scheduled.

The inquiry was about functionality that KAC does provide:

52 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

(...) Question: MJ2 has a window to plan rendezvous with planets; it gives number of days until I launch from Kerbin to make the intercept.  How would I use KER to plot a planet rendezvous?  Is that possible?  Or, will I need to still use MJ's function for that?

Granted, if more hand-holding is needed, KAC cannot provide that functionality and Transfer Window Planner is a good addition (although it still used the horrible Jet color scheme, *cough*). But if  you merely want to know how many days until a transfer window, KAC should be able to provide that. Or is that only when TWP is installed?

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

I don't thik so. Unless I'm missed something, transfer window planer do that. It use Kerbal alarm clock in combination to create alarm just before transfer window is scheduled.

Transfer window planer gives you only data you need for maneuver nod, while MJ can create whole maneuver nod for interplanetary transfer that you just need to execute, if you consider MJ executing maneuver burning as cheating. I have to admit that i never fully understand whole data that transfer window gives (phase and angle, relative to what ? for example).

KAC - when it's finally updated, DOES let you set alarms for transfer windows but it's not very precise. It's close enough that you can set an alarm and go, "Oh, okay - there will be a transfer window to Duna in 50 days, plenty of time to work on mining on Minmus in the meantime ..." or whatever. When the window gets to within a week or two you can stage your craft or flotilla to orbit, then send them all on their merry way with MJ-planned nodes or whatever.

Now, as for your bolded questions above, see this site and play around with it. It explains the angles very well, with pictures. :) 

KSP Transfer Planner

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@Apollo13 Use the "phase angle" readout with in the rendezvous window with the target selected, when it's close to the correct one for your target it's a good time to go.

Unfortunately, that does not tell me WHEN that will occur; it could take a couple hundred days.  MJ2 provides that info.

Edited by Apollo13

4 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Unfortunately, that does not tell me WHEN that will occur; it could take a couple hundred days.  MJ2 provides that info.

You may have to accept that KER does not do transfer window planning. There are other mods for that (MJ, KAC, Transfer Window Planner), I'm sure at least one of them will update soon after 1.2 releases. In the meantime you can use http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

You may have to accept that KER does not do transfer window planning. There are other mods for that (MJ, KAC, Transfer Window Planner), I'm sure at least one of them will update soon after 1.2 releases. In the meantime you can use http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/

That is perfect.  Just what I needed.  THANK YOU.

6 hours ago, Atrius129 said:

Also, if you go back one page, you may just find what you are looking for. 

That was a recompile, not an update. It was offered for testing with the understanding that somethings wouldn't work properly,e.g., some delta-v calculations due to the new fuel flow rules. 

1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

on 5760x1080 the lower left black resource and vessel tabs cover up the buttons for symmetry and snap angles. need to move those over a coupla hundred pixels to the right. thanks

Go into the BuildOverlay.xml settings and change:

<SettingItem>
    <Name>vesselWindowX</Name>
    <Value xsi:type="float">[desired distance from the left]</Value>
</SettingItem>

22 hours ago, cybutek said:

Go into the BuildOverlay.xml settings and change:

<SettingItem>
    <Name>vesselWindowX</Name>
    <Value xsi:type="float">[desired distance from the left]</Value>
</SettingItem>

Now, that is support! Make a request and BAM! one hour later get the answer.

Take your time with the 1.2 update. I'm as eager as the previous posters next guy to be able to have accurate readouts but as stated, it will be ready

On 10.10.2016 at 5:29 PM, Tarheel1999 said:

When it's ready. 

and I'm more than happy to wait a bit more.

Thank you for maintaining KER, without it I would never have gone interplanetary! :D

26 minutes ago, mulfucer said:

It does not work on 1.2

Welcome to the forums, please do the modders which maintain these awesome mods and the other players which frequent these forums the courtesy of reading a couple of pages before posting. If you had, you would have seen that a rough recompile was made available during the pre-release and that a full release is coming in the future.

For your convenience, that post was:

You should delete your old KerbalEngineer folder, then download the full source from github and extract the Output/KerbalEngineer folder. This will work and KER will load, but it obeys 1.1.3 rules when calculating your dV, so if you make use of new fuel flow modes you'll get incorrect dV readouts. But, with some common sense and a healthy fudge factor, you should be ok.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.