[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

That's... a bit more complicated, so I'll probably look into it more in depth later.

Hehe get it... Depth... Hehehe...

From mucking around with transparency myself I can see how KSP doesn't like it... It would be a nice touch but not important. :D

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hehe get it... Depth... Hehehe...

From mucking around with transparency myself I can see how KSP doesn't like it... It would be a nice touch but not important. :D

Transparency in itself is easy, but for the effect to actually be convincing, the principles of refraction and reflection have to be respected.

Blackrack (or anyone who may know),

How would I package our Mars scatterer configs for release? Do I have to overwrite files in your scatterer directory or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Just include a scatterer folder that only has the configs and the .raw files in it (respecting the folder structure), that way if people have scatterer it will override their configs and if they're playing stock nothing will happen.

Great mod! Combined with EVE packs like KSPRC and Better Atmospheres, this makes KSP look less like a basement rocket simulator and more like a triple-A game... One change I might suggest would be to remove the effect from the map/orbit view; it's meant to be a map, and blurring it when you're trying to navigate to a specific point doesn't exactly help. Other than that, this is quite a good mod. Hoping to see newer and better versions soon!

You'd need to recompute the precomputed scattering tabels every time which isn't feasible ingame. Barring that, you could modify the postprocessing depth and the exposure settings but I don't think these can accomplish what you're looking for.

Could you set up the config tool to accept ranges for the postprocessing and exposure....or is that already possible?

Great mod! Combined with EVE packs like KSPRC and Better Atmospheres, this makes KSP look less like a basement rocket simulator and more like a triple-A game... One change I might suggest would be to remove the effect from the map/orbit view; it's meant to be a map, and blurring it when you're trying to navigate to a specific point doesn't exactly help. Other than that, this is quite a good mod. Hoping to see newer and better versions soon!

Just set map view exposure to zero.

Could you set up the config tool to accept ranges for the postprocessing and exposure....or is that already possible?

If you want to modify the postprocessing ingame you can via the UI. If you want to have ranges that are picked from as random it won't accomplish what you want.

Hi blackrack,

I am getting Moire Lines, would Scatterer cause this in OpenGL?

Also, I am loving the look of RSS scatterer, I hope Pingopete, Rbray, and you can turn RSS into the actual Real Looking Solar System.

Although it's fixed for most people, some people still report moire patterns happening in OpenGL. Not sure what causes it for now...

Edited: Uploading a new version right now with the new orbit shader and RSS compatibility, have fun.

Edited by blackrack

Although it's fixed for most people, some people still report moire patterns happening in OpenGL. Not sure what causes it for now...

Edited: Uploading a new version right now with the new orbit shader and RSS compatibility, have fun.

OpenGL yes it working better but for make Scatterer & RSS be good frend code line like this

https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/blob/master/scatterer/Core.cs#L93

https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/blob/master/scatterer/Core.cs#L94

need to not exist anymore coz in RSS space univers Kerbin it not exist ;) & any hardcoded reference like that are bad, for that i say you better speak with NathanKell he can guide & explain better, but this is nothing new Eve it have already issue with thing like that :) still hope to see Rbray fix game scene loading, switching

I was test Scatterer in non RSS combination with ~146 mods (acording CKAN) main problem is ram spike what make game hit critical 3.4 limit preaty fast, hope to see this issue gone in 1.1 but i will keep my hype low :)

salute my darksoul mate

OpenGL yes it working better but for make Scatterer & RSS be good frend code line like this

need to not exist anymore coz in RSS space univers Kerbin it not exist ;) & any hardcoded reference like that are bad, for that i say you better speak with NathanKell he can guide & explain better, but this is nothing new Eve it have already issue with thing like that :) still hope to see Rbray fix game scene loading, switching

I was test Scatterer in non RSS combination with ~146 mods (acording CKAN) main problem is ram spike what make game hit critical 3.4 limit preaty fast, hope to see this issue gone in 1.1 but i will keep my hype low :)

salute my darksoul mate

RSS doesn't change the planet names AFAIK, they are hardcoded in the game. Earth is actually called Kerbin in-game, see screenshot here: http://i.imgur.com/lpwdTqQ.jpg

salute my darksoul mate

How many times do I have to say that these just initialize the variables to Kerbin but then they get overwritten by whatever is in the config files. The point being, if the config file is gone the mod reverts everything to default. it's not actually hardcoded.

In the case of RSS, these get overwritten to

ParentPlanetCelestialBodyName = Earth

ParentPlanetTransformName = Kerbin

So Kerbin still exists as the transform name.

If you're going to look at the code, make sure to actually look at all of it, understand how it works or refrain from posting.

How many times do I have to say that these just initialize the variables to Kerbin but then they get overwritten by whatever is in the config files. The point being, if the config file is gone the mod reverts everything to default. it's not actually hardcoded.

Sorry i gues i mist that part were you was say that my bad, mea culpa

about "If you're going to look at the code, make sure to actually look at all of it, understand how it works or refrain from posting." i never pretend i fully undestend or belive i was ... how it work ... i am, i was that person who was search & dig about a specific issue some thing was good, some was false red flag, but noo problem if posting is a issue np all further test, research it will be stop

take care & keep nice work make eye enjoy what we see

Sorry i gues i mist that part were you was say that my bad, mea culpa

about "If you're going to look at the code, make sure to actually look at all of it, understand how it works or refrain from posting." i never pretend i fully undestend or belive i was ... how it work ... i am, i was that person who was search & dig about a specific issue some thing was good, some was false red flag, but noo problem if posting is a issue np all further test, research it will be stop

take care & keep nice work make eye enjoy what we see

Sorry I just feel like I'm replying to the same posts everyday, I make sure to answer most questions and i'd really appreciate it if the same questions stopped cropping up so often.