The moderator appreciation thread!

We all know the moderators, but have you considered that they are the only people keeping the forums clean and polite?

That they tirelessly work to prevent duplicate threads for no pay?

So the point of this thread is to thank the moderators for their tireless work.

If you want to show your appreciation for our moderators, why not rep them the next time you see them helping the forums stay clean?

Thanks,

Mad Rocket Scientist

They're the nicest moderators that one can ever have in the forum.

(I'm not kidding, moderators in other forums can be truly intolerant, overauthoritive, and mean to people, especially newbies, or "noobs.")

Moderators, I thank you for taking time out of your day to prepare for the onslaught that the release of 1.0 is going to have, of having to greet new members and address complaints in a smiling manner, of explaining for the fiftieth time today exactly how to install a mod and being wise enough not to take it out on the customer for not "reading the ******* manual." I thank you for not being OCD about necroing threads, either with forcing people to find old threads and post there or condemning people for doing so. I thank you for giving us the room to vent, or even post disparaging things about SQUAD, without immediately facing the ban hammer. I thank you for all the things you've done for this community while only facing scorn for the things you've done wrong.

I thank you.

Yes, indeed. Thank you for all the time and effort you have devoted to the Kerbal Community.

But perhaps the thanks extends beyond the moderators. The Community as a whole should give itself a big pat on the back for keeping itself clean. You moderators set the example, and the Community follows in your footsteps.

Thank you all.

Vanamonde and Red Iron crown I've known you both the longest of all moderators here and thank you for your hard work! And you too RainbowTrout! I've just recently said hello but your awesome and your avatar is literally the best ;).

I wanted to be a moderator a year ago (before I was 18), but this senior year has been quite busy for me. Thank you all for everything you've done. I know now that I probably didn't have the time to spare :).

Edited by Avera9eJoe

It is true that I greatly appreciate the moderators for their work. It genuinely represents my idea of an ideal workstation, pay or not, it's what you want. That is inspiring in ways that I cannot put into words. Sure, I may have butted heads with a certain metallic wearable piece of royal headgear [and it hurt! It poked my eye] but we're all good.

No need to thank me, the deliciousness of comprehensively banning a spammer is more than enough recompense for me.

This is the greatest thing I've heard all day.

Well, thank you for thanking me... is that thanking-ception?

no, seriously, this thread make me really happy :)

[...] And to those of you looking to become a mod, squishing your first spambot is something that you'll never forget!

True that!

I remember my beginning as a mod: I was looking for posts and thread to validate(those made by the new members) just to validate them. I was almost addicted to moderating :P

What I appreciate most about the moderator team is that they manage to strike a good balance between keeping things constructive and being heavy-handed. They do very well, which is especially good to see when we bear in mind that they are unpaid volunteers.

I appreciate the moderators too.

I would appreciate the moderators even more if they didn't have huge, animated avatars. *grumble*

Deal with the large animated avatars. Love me some gunter.

That being said, as a past moderator for nearly two years, I'll give my thanks as well. It can be a pretty tough job by moments.

They're the nicest moderators that one can ever have in the forum.

(I'm not kidding, moderators in other forums can be truly intolerant, overauthoritive, and mean to people, especially newbies, or "noobs.")

This. I want to stress this. The KSP mods are literally the nicest ones I've seen so far.

Let's take the *shudder* ROBLOX forums for example... most mods stay quiet and ban every once in a while. While there are some mods who will join the conversation, and those mods are well-liked, you practically never see the rest of them. In some subforums, complaining about the game will get your post deleted, and sometimes filed as "inappropriate content". It's practically the North Korea of the internet in there :P

Now let's look at the KSP forums... the mods make sure not to overuse power. They join and contribute to conversations. They actually care enough to move your thread to the right spot. They lock threads when they get bad (instead of straight-out deleting them like North Korea- I mean ROBLOX). They're more or less normal users, just with admin.

It's amazing how much of a difference it can make to just talk to your users every once in a while, and KSP's team excels at it.

Thank you guys for everything!

Yes! All the mods here have been really understanding and friendly.

Even when I got ticked off that the Visitor Messages were Mod'ed :blush:, or posted something out of line in the Fruedian Slips thread :blush:, all I got was a PM.

So thanks, guys!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.