Your favorite game (besides ksp)

pauldbk99

Orbiter (technically a simulator, not a game, but who cares)

Space Engineers

Portal 2 (and Portal)

Space Engine (again, technically not a game)

Minecraft (especially when it's heavily modded)

Unturned

Just Cause 3

and I have many other games not listed here.  These are just my favorites.

Hi all

Besides for KSP (which has stolen all my game time since I downloaded it):

Anno 2070 (can't play it because my desktop machine is broken)

Anno 1404 (pale substitute for 2070)

Startopia (which is fun and awesome in a cartoon type way).

Past favorites - no longer playing or enjoying:

Tropico 1 & 3

Neverwinter Nights (absolutely hate last chapter)

Fallout2

Civ 3 &4 (5 sucked, especially on my limited hardware)

Dark Void (awesome concept, very pretty, crippled by UI choices - can't play anyway because of broken desktop)

I don't know if I'll ever go back to anything else KSP is perfect in everyway (and I'm only playing the DEMO!),

Regards

Orc

• 1 month later...

I found this awesome game called Airships: Conquer The Skies. It's a small indie game, almost nobody knows about it, but it deserves some love. You can build your own floating battleships and face off against other floating battleships and conquer the world. 

Edited by quasarrgames

• 3 years later...
On 3/30/2019 at 5:51 AM, Barzon Kerman said:

This .

It brings back so many memories of my childhood.

Also JC4 and Fallout 4

dang... I didn't know this existed! I gotta send this to my younger cousins.

other favorite games?

-Minecraft

-Bridge Constructor Portal

-Airport CEO (I like flying things!)

My favourite game?!

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

1.Pokemon super mystery dungeon,Kirby`s adventure     (I cant decide I love those games too much)

2.Pokemon Sun.

3.Surviving mars

4.Subnautica and Below zero(They are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to similar to have on diferent places)

5.forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn........Minecraft

On 3/30/2019 at 3:51 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

This

No....nonononononononononononnoonnononononononononononononononononononononononononononononoonononon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NOSTALGIA I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KerbolExplorer

On topic.

1. Star Control 2 (The Ur Quan Masters)
  2. Fighters Anthology (with the 714VFTS Mod)
  3. Computer Harpoon 3
  4. KSP
  5. Battletech 2018 (3rd game named Battletech)

I participated in the development of 2 of those games and am listed in the credits of one as a QA Developer (NOT a beta tester.)  

TBH narrowing favorite games down to 5 gets tougher and tougher as you get older.   I routinely quote from one of those games here in the KSP forums and no one seems to get it :)     I do own a copy somewhere of the ORIGINAL Microsoft Flight-simulator from before it was a Microsoft product (it was a subLogic product when I got it.)      Checking my Simulator logbook (yes anyone who thinks about being a pilot should log their flight time it is a good habit to build up to the real deal!)  I have:

over 18,000 hours invested in Flight Sims since I started logging them.  

A couple examples:

322hrs in F-15 Strike Eagle II and III (I have them grouped together.)  I have a note that I did not log when a friend and I shared joystick and keyboard to fly together in the same plane.  It was how I taught them to fly on the computer... Learn the Keyboard controls and watch me fly... Then I will let you try to fly.

Advanced Tactical Fighters, US Navy Fighters 97, and Fighters Anthology (a repackaging with some simulation improvements of the other two and their expansions.)  5903 hours over 10+ years  Took part in a Virtual Fighter wing with these... Was quickly put in-charge of gun combat training as I would never carry Missiles in a 4 v 4 engagement....   I would load a pair of bombs and let my 3 teammates take on the OPFOR while I blew up their runway (once the runway is gone the OPFOR couldn't respawn) Game was pretty realistic in that below 200 feet and near mach 1 the opfor had little chance of hitting you.   I would acutally use the LABS bombing principal to hit the runway (25% success rate) and using my speed, climb away from the CBUs I had just pickled right into the furball.   No one could understand how I would combine the Panavia Tornado IDS/GR1's roll with the MiG-21 (in North Vietnam's) roll and survive/win.   My VFS reigned in the Wing for 3 years until we all switched to the 2nd generation of Janes Flightsims.   There is still an active community on Zephyr.net for this family of games.

Incidentally the Control system is Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog   and at one point I had started collecting parts to make either a F-14D or F-14E (yes 14E) Cockpit.   I barely started construction when I moved into my apartment and no longer had the room.   I ended up selling the partial canopy rail I had built and the seat for more than I paid for all the parts so...  Win?

I still fly but my hours are now pretty abysmal each year (one year I flew 0.75 hours.)   KSP does not count as Flight simulation time in my book.

• 4 years later...

Hmm

1. Team Fortress 2, very funny game, 405 hours as of now

(1.5: KSP, not really supposed to be here but)

2. Terraria, I have only played for 7 hours, yet it's just...

3. Minecraft, first got it for my tablet for Christmas 2017 (I think?), I currently have it on my PS4 and phone

4. Portal/Portal 2, haven't finished the second one yet but I love them

5. Half Life 1, not finished yet but it's still very good

6. Gmod, not played for a lot

(I am not 100% sure since I've gotten 4 of these for the Steam Summer sale, so that's a rough rating)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.