Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Just now, kiwi1960 said:

When I first joined the forums, I started a thread about Kerbal conspiracy theories.... 

Do you happen to have a link to said thread(s)? Maybe we can look into it.

2 minutes ago, Maximus97 said:

I think the one he means is called "Illuminati." Can be found in forum games.

6 minutes ago, Maximus97 said:

We are talking years ago.... but I'll do my best....

Here it is....

Yeah.... read that thread again, even more angry now... I feel like abusing the Moderators so I'll go away and come back later. Really.... seems to be one law for some... and another for people like me..... I'm going to sharpen my axe.....

Edited by kiwi1960

20 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

OK.... time to ask that very very hard question....

When I first joined the forums, I started a thread about Kerbal conspiracy theories.... people were having fun with it....

then a Mod locked it saying "any" conspiracy theories were not allowed.... even fun ones involving KSP....

Now... someone else has started a similar thread and ... nothing.... apparently... its not about conspiracies at all... its about who starts the thread.... right?

(yeah.... even after all this time it still bugs the hell out of me.... at the very least, you moderators owe me an apology..... I mean, either its against the rules or not.... )

:(

16 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

We are talking years ago.... but I'll do my best....

Here it is....

Yeah.... read that thread again, even more angry now... I feel like abusing the Moderators so I'll go away and come back later. Really.... seems to be one law for some... and another for people like me..... I'm going to sharpen my axe.....

Kiwi, that was posted in 2013, the rules back then were worded differently to how they are worded now, the rules did used to ban all conspiracies regardless of validity, now rule 2.2 forbids 'Accusatory comments that lack merit, offer no proof of concept or are of a potentially slanderous nature;'

You're comparing apples to oranges here, and making the false claim that you were unfairly treated, when under the rules in 2013 your post was forbidden.

So it's not the thread starter, it's the content, and the rules that govern that content have changed over time.

It was against the rules, now it's not against the rules to make joke conspiracy threads.

You are not owed an apology, quite the reverse actually.

20 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

You are not owed an apology, quite the reverse actually.

While I personally may disagree with @stupid_chris or any other mod needing to apologize, I don't see why the inverse is any more true. The escalation here seems disproportionate to the matter at hand, but please correct me if I'm wrong here... :huh:

--EDIT--

All right, reading through the exchange once again the aggression seems to be much more justified. :P

Sorry.

Edited by Andem

1 hour ago, Andem said:

While I personally may disagree with @stupid_chris or any other mod needing to apologize, I don't see why the inverse is any more true. The escalation here seems disproportionate to the matter at hand, but please correct me if I'm wrong here... :huh:

--EDIT--

All right, reading through the exchange once again the aggression seems to be much more justified. :P

Sorry.

Well, the moderation team is being accused of applying rules unfairly, but those rules have changed in 3 years.

That's a trifle unfair.

23 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Well, the moderation team is being accused of applying rules unfairly, but those rules have changed in 3 years.

That's a trifle unfair.

My point to "stupid chris" at the time was that it wasn't really a conspiracy theory if it came from a make believe game... it was using "conspiracy theory" in name only to poke fun at the whole thing without making it seem real. It was posted in the FUN area for just that... it wasn't posted in any serious debate area. The rules should be applied with give and take, because if you are seriously going to apply the letter of the law to all threads, then they would all be locked ... example: talking about killing Kerbals could be seen as threatening to kill, no matter that the Kerbals do not really exist... or do they.... is that a conspiracy theory? See.... give and take... the letter of the law was wrongly applied all those years ago.

However.... I won't comment again on this matter.

Edited by kiwi1960

13 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

aren't they engraved in stone (oops series but ; oh well) ^^ )

Who told you that?

Someone told me they were painted on the side of a barn, so everyone could see them.

Ok, moderation team, I'm dissapointed in you.

I expect you to be as clear and transparent as possible about things on the forums, within the limits of user privacy.

So, why wasn't there an announcement about @Deddly making moderator? This is completely unacceptable!

Who else have you been hiding from us?

The above post is mostly sarcastic. Of course, congratulations to Deddly and all the other new members of the moderation team.

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

We don't usually make announcements about changes to the moderation team, though sometimes a user will start one when they notice. 

Also: Nice whitetext. :P 

Haha, thanks. :)

Will there be a change made to the "Your Moderators" list? I didn't see one yesterday.

That would have been a mis-use of our access, and if anyone of us had tried it anyway, the boss guys would still see the activity. 

Most of our moderation activity is visible to our fellow moderators, and the guys with admin powers can see everything we do. 

Hello,

just a question, pls.: was the thread on climate change things removed ? Even in my profile there's no trace of the nonsense i gave away. Reminds me of one of the Star-Trek movies where they realize they are missing something and turn back just to find out about a deadly encounter .... i think the cortical node of 7of9 had a diffe ... ah forget it. Just a question, no criticism :-)

Edit: no, it was Data's internal clock !

Edited by Green Baron