[1.1.x] TAC LS Retexture v2.2.1

TMS

NOTE: This mod is now part of the default package for @danfarnsy's continuation of the original TAC Life Support that has been developed in @TaranisElsu's absesnce.
As such, this retexture is now superfluous for such installations (CKAN users beware) and SHOULD NOT be installed alongside @danfarnsy's fork.
This thread and the Spacedock page will remain for pre-1.1 users.

Since the KSP 1.0 release, I've had a few people ask me to update these textures for @TaranisElsu's ever-excellent TAC Life Support. It was also suggested that I separate the release out of the main TAC thread.

In this v2.2 update:

• Textures converted to DDS with mipmaps (no more shimmer)
  • Switched to a module manager config setup to ease maintenance
  • Fixed recycler texture paths
  • Added to CKAN

Download:

Notes:

• Due to the dependency on TAC Life Support, this mod won't appear in the CKAN application for KSP installations that don't have a compatible TAC Life Support version.  Basically, TAC has to be updated for the newest KSP version before dependent mods will show.

Requirements:

Gallery:

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

One question. The good old texture replacement allowed to change directly texture, with this new method, I guess the game is charging in memory the standard texture AND the retexture, am I right? Cause in this case it's an increase of memory use and since I'm really short on free memory... :sealed:

Hi there. Yep, you can save a few MB by deleting the TAC originals. It's pretty small savings.

I had thought about packaging a BAT file to do it automatically...

Honest question, if you're really that stressed for memory that you worry about 5-10mb of textures, why would you even be looking at re-texture mods? I've always considered visual enhancements to be for 64bit users, considering they are just eyecandy at the expense of system resources.

Has anyone had an issue with the MFT textures showing up?....the HexCans look fine but the MFT will only show the stock "TAC" texture. It may be an issue with another mod, just wondering if someone has come across it.

Also, thank you for the sweet textures TMS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.