Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

11 minutes ago, iliketrains0pwned said:

I hope I'm not repeating an earlier post, but is there a stable version for 1.1.3? I lost my 1.1.2 save a few days ago when I got a new PC for college.

There are no stable releases, no matter which ksp version you use :)

Hence the WIP tag

Your best bet on 1.1.3 is to download the development branch from github and use that one.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Nicholander said:

Just something I noticed, all of the links to the planet packs on the front page just take you to the KSP Forums front page. Looks like they aren't working.

fixed it, now the albums aren't showing tho... -.-

man I miss the old forum

On 10/23/2016 at 5:04 PM, noobsrtoast said:

is there a way that i can remove the stock planets from helios?, and maybe put opm planets in the stock system?

This post might point you in the right direction. It looks like you can customize everything with your own MM config files.

Galactic Neighborhood v0.3.0

updated to the new KSP and Kopernicus, 

BEWARE: THIS IS NOT A FULL UPDATE

I have only tested the mod without any Planet Packs, you will need to test the planet packs that you want to use and let me know if there are bugs.

BACK UP YOUR SAVES

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png

Changelog:

**v0.3.0**

- Updated to KSP 1.2.1 and Kopernicus 1.2.1-1
- Fixed brightness curve generation for all stars
- Removed solar panels workaround
- First attempts at star luminosity
- Added a plugin to fix the science archives
- Fixed Kerbin reparenting using the new Kopernicus feature 'PostSpawnOrbit'
- Changed the Kerbin clone in the OPM System to be a copy of Laythe

3 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Could you please add support for Gallileos Planet Pack? Usually it replaces the stock system but it would be really nice to have it as a new system. 

yes, I have already seen that mod and I will most likely add it to the GN, but I can't give you an ETA because I am pretty busy lately

Just need some clarification, does GN only combine the planet packs you have installed (if supported) or does it add all the stars and planet packs in the OP? Because I would mainly want/need it as something that allows me to have two star systems (one stock, other mod) and nothing else. Thanks,

Benji13. 

2 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Just need some clarification, does GN only combine the planet packs you have installed (if supported) or does it add all the stars and planet packs in the OP? Because I would mainly want/need it as something that allows me to have two star systems (one stock, other mod) and nothing else. Thanks,

Benji13. 

What GN does is:

1- changes the center of the galaxy to a black hole

2- moves the stock ksp system to orbit said black hole

3- adds 5 new star systems that I created only for GN (the ones described at the end of the OP)

4- if you have any of the compatible planet packs, GN will create a new star and load the planet pack in question around this star

The result is that you will always have the stock system unchanged, plus 5 GN specifc star systems, plus a star system for each compatible planet pack you have installed.

If you don't want some of the GN specific star systems just go to GameData/GalacticNeighborhood/StarSystems/

and delete the folder of the system you don't want.

There is an option to get all the stars to show up even when you don't have the relative planet pack installed, but I don't think you are interested

Most links are probably broken because the forum changed how it wants links to be defined.

I'll update the OP when I get some time :wink:

Fixed links and images, thanks for the report

Edited by Sigma88

16 minutes ago, KerbalMan23 said:

Any hopes on this supporting scatterer? For nice sunflares and atmospheres? Aswell as Enviromental Visual Enhancements?

EVE requires a lot of work to make cloud packs work, if anyone wants to make a cloudpack compatible with GN I will put a link in the OP.

Scatterer is not something I am familiar with. If the setup is easy and painless and the results particulary good, I might consider it.

so if someone makes me a proof-of-concept cfg for scatterer I might look into that

Edited by Sigma88

6 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Scatterer is not something I am familiar with.

Scatterer is basically a beautiful shaders mod. Which enhances the atmospheres of planets. This is it in action

It could be hard to implement. But i'm positive that people can do it.

Edited by KerbalMan23

42 minutes ago, KerbalMan23 said:

Any hopes on this supporting scatterer? For nice sunflares and atmospheres? Aswell as Enviromental Visual Enhancements?

It does support scatterer though...  Or really,  scatterer doesn't have to be rescale as it automatically does it depending on the size of the celestial body. 

42 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It does support scatterer though...  Or really,  scatterer doesn't have to be rescale as it automatically does it depending on the size of the celestial body. 

I tried it with scatterer. On Kerbin. There is no sky and no oceans. And the ground is tinted red.

3 hours ago, KerbalMan23 said:

I tried it with scatterer. On Kerbin. There is no sky and no oceans. And the ground is tinted red.

ok i see what is going on... This happens because scatterer now can support more than one star as long as there is a cfg written for it. In Galactic Neighborhood, there are many stars so scatterer will likely wig out unless you are willing to write a cfg for each sun. So scatterer can work with it but it will take some elbow grease.

Edited by Galileo

38 minutes ago, Galileo said:

ok i see what is going on... This happens because scatterer now can support more than one star as long as there is a cfg written for it. In Galactic Neighborhood, there are many stars so scatterer will likely wig out unless you are willing to write a cfg for each sun. So scatterer can work with it but it will take some elbow grease.

I just found out on the KSC menu it appears like that. But when your in flight. It's perfectly ok. But since there is other star systems. A person has to make the Sun's glare proper rather than a giganic sunglare in your face. Like this.

6C40D139953E356A5DD537C4B71B99DAEEFC39EA

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.