Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

Yeah in order for planets that orbit different suns to use scatterer, the sun they are orbiting needs to have a config set up.

The configs are actually already written technically.. so really all you need to do is add as many suns as you need, and rename the suns to whatever name they were given. this is how you do it:

In the scatterer config folder you will use these 2 folders.  

3XOyK0t.png

Inside the Sunflare folder you will see this....This is where I would copy and past as many stars as you need and rename them accordingly. Inside the Sun folder is where you add the textures for custom sun flares.

fOAHuzY.png

When you open the Sun.cfg, you will see this at the top... change the names to whatever the your stars are named.
LvcTOes.png

Then when you go into the planetList.cfg, you will need to change the name in two places

At the top... This is where you specify the main star. 
X9Bi4d3.png

And at the bottom.. you will need to add the names of all of your stars to this node
uqLY6U8.png

For you to do this with GN, you will need to add ALL of the planets from every planet pack in GN to the planetList.cfg

If a planet pack already comes with scatterer cfgs like GPP or even OPM when its updated, you would just need to add the individual planet scatterer cfgs to the Planets folder.
if this is something you you would want to do, I wouldn't mind helping out. Its not too hard, just tedious.

Ok I think I laid that out decently... if not, maybe @blackrack can be of more assistance

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yeah in order for planets that orbit different suns to use scatterer, the sun they are orbiting needs to have a config set up.

The configs are actually already written technically.. so really all you need to do is add as many suns as you need, and rename the suns to whatever name they were given. this is how you do it:

In the scatterer config folder you will use these 2 folders.  

3XOyK0t.png

Inside the Sunflare folder you will see this....This is where I would copy and past as many stars as you need and rename them accordingly. Inside the Sun folder is where you add the textures for custom sun flares.

fOAHuzY.png

When you open the Sun.cfg, you will see this at the top... change the names to whatever the your stars is named.
LvcTOes.png

Then when you go into the planetList.cfg, you will need to change the name in two places

At the top... This is where you specify the main star. 
X9Bi4d3.png

And at the bottom.. you will need to add the names of all of your stars to this node
uqLY6U8.png

For you to do this with GN, you will need to add ALL of the planets from every planet pack in GN to the planetList.cfg

If a planet pack already comes with scatterer cfgs like GPP or even OPM when its updated, you would just need to add the individual planet scatterer cfgs to the Planets folder.
if this is something you you would want to do, I wouldn't mind helping out. Its not too hard, just tedious.

Ok I think I laid that out decently... if not, maybe @blackrack can be of more assistance

thanks @Galileo

I will defer planet configs to each planet pack developer, it's not my responsability to do that, if a planet pack adds scatterer compatibility and GN breaks it, I will fix the cfgs for that planet pack. but I won't write custom ones for all the planets.

For stars, I can easily make a MM cfg that adds all GN stars, provided that MM can be used to edit those lists

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

thanks @Galileo

I will defer planet configs to each planet pack developer, it's not my responsability to do that, if a planet pack adds scatterer compatibility and GN breaks it, I will fix the cfgs for that planet pack. but I won't write custom ones for all the planets.

For stars, I can easily make a MM cfg that adds all GN stars, provided that MM can be used to edit those lists

Yes scatterer now supports MM so you should be good there

I have a suggestion (I know, it takes a long time but please consider). It would be great if the Planet Cyran planet pack was supported. It's a bit like OPM but with one big, very hot planet. This could be difficult/not worth your time as it only contains one planet but It would be great if it was supported. Thanks,

Benji13.

8 hours ago, Benji13 said:

I have a suggestion (I know, it takes a long time but please consider). It would be great if the Planet Cyran planet pack was supported. It's a bit like OPM but with one big, very hot planet. This could be difficult/not worth your time as it only contains one planet but It would be great if it was supported. Thanks,

Benji13.

If it's just one planet,  it wouldn't be hard to throw it into whatever solar system you are playing with. You just need to set its reference body and sma.   If Sigma was to just willy nilly put into OPM,  GPP or whatever other planet pack in Galactic Neighborhood,  then those packs are now effectively not OPM or GPP anymore. 

Edited by Galileo

35 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If it's just one planet,  it wouldn't be hard to throw it into whatever solar system you are playing with. You just need to set its reference body and small.   If Sigma was to just willy nilly put into OPM,  GPP or whatever other planet pack in Galactic Neighborhood,  then those packs are now effectively not OPM or GPP anymore. 

Okay. If GN adds new stars then I'll just put the pack there myself. 

2 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Benji13.

I should have time to take a look at it.

Like galileo said if it just adds one planet (even if it has moons) there shoulf be no problems.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

If it's just one planet,  it wouldn't be hard to throw it into whatever solar system you are playing with. You just need to set its reference body and small.   If Sigma was to just willy nilly put into OPM,  GPP or whatever other planet pack in Galactic Neighborhood,  then those packs are now effectively not OPM or GPP anymore. 

I have  set of rules when it comes to GN.

One of those is "only one star per planet pack, and only one planet pack per star"

There are a couple of exceptions, but usually i follow them.

4 hours ago, gtoman210 said:

I am having problems adding things like rss ,ect to this mod. Can anybody help me with how to actually add a planet pack.

Just install this mod by putting the GalacticNeighborhood folder inside GameData and then install the planet pack you want as you would normally would without GN.

Keep in mind that RSS requires RSS-Textures to work

Also, I didn't have time to test compatibility with all packs, so it might be that there are issues with RSS.

I'll take  look later

Galactic Neighborhood v0.3.1

Added two new systems to the Galactic Neighborhood, and fixed a couple of them

RealSolarSystem compatibility now requires Sigma Dimensions

BEWARE: THIS IS NOT A FULL UPDATE

I haven't tested all Planet Packs, you will need to test the planet packs that you want to use and let me know if there are bugs.

BACK UP YOUR SAVES

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png

Changelog:

v0.3.1

- Added compatibility with Kerbol Origins
- Added compatibility with Galileo Planet Pack
- Fixed compatibility with Stockalike Solar System
- Fixed compatibility with Real Solar System
- Changed the way stars are added to the Neighborhood

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

Galactic Neighborhood v0.3.1

Added two new systems to the Galactic Neighborhood, and fixed a couple of them

RealSolarSystem compatibility now requires Sigma Dimensions

BEWARE: THIS IS NOT A FULL UPDATE

I haven't tested all Planet Packs, you will need to test the planet packs that you want to use and let me know if there are bugs.

BACK UP YOUR SAVES

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png

Changelog:

v0.3.1

- Added compatibility with Kerbol Origins
- Added compatibility with Galileo Planet Pack
- Fixed compatibility with Stockalike Solar System
- Fixed compatibility with Real Solar System
- Changed the way stars are added to the Neighborhood

Awesome

@Sigma88 Ever since i installed this mod (great job by the way!) my solar panels are broken (except for SSTU solar panels,but they dont work on the surface for some reason),the weirdest part about it is that they say they are blocked by.... : the sun.... 

Would you know what could cause that/how to fix it (i don't mind workarounds)? 

Thanks.

EDIT:i also appear to have lost Dres from the default solar system,is there any way to re-add it back?

Edited by RobinVerhulstZ

10 minutes ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

@Sigma88 Ever since i installed this mod (great job by the way!) my solar panels are broken (except for SSTU solar panels,but they dont work on the surface for some reason),the weirdest part about it is that they say they are blocked by.... : the sun.... 

Would you know what could cause that/how to fix it (i don't mind workarounds)? 

Thanks.

EDIT:i also appear to have lost Dres from the default solar system,is there any way to re-add it back?

solar panels are broken because of some issues with kopernicus, they will need to be fixed on kopernicus.

for the dres problem I will need to take a look at logs because I need to understand where things are breaking

10 minutes ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

I'll try to get you some logs,but i'll have to warn you,something is spamming it with something along the lines of getenumerator or something. which might make it hard to find the actual issue...

no problems, I know what too look for.

most important thing for this issue is the list of mods installed and the MM cache

also, try to avoid extra mods if you can (for the bug report I mean)

Edited by Sigma88

15 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

solar panels are broken because of some issues with kopernicus, they will need to be fixed on kopernicus.

for the dres problem I will need to take a look at logs because I need to understand where things are breaking

Eh i think Dres wasn't an issue after all,one of the planet packs must've moved it.

As for the solar panels,if it is a kopernicus issue,why do the solar panels of the SSTU-labs mod work then? Would the solar-RTG's workaround still work?

Just now, RobinVerhulstZ said:

Eh i think Dres wasn't an issue after all,one of the planet packs must've moved it.

I'd still like to know which planet packs you have installed. even if one of them moves dres it's not supposed to disappear from the stock system

1 minute ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

As for the solar panels,if it is a kopernicus issue,why do the solar panels of the SSTU-labs mod work then? Would the solar-RTG's workaround still work?

I have no idea how the SSTU-labs solar panels work, sorry.

I think the issue has already been solved in kopernicus development, so we just need to wait for a release

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I'd still like to know which planet packs you have installed. even if one of them moves dres it's not supposed to disappear from the stock system

I have no idea how the SSTU-labs solar panels work, sorry.

I think the issue has already been solved in kopernicus development, so we just need to wait for a release

ehh i'll give you the modlist, too many planet packs to write down....

http://imgur.com/a/NQgU6

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.