What's the glitchiest that game you ever played?

Ethanadams

Exactly as the title states what is the most broken game that you have ever played

by glitch I mean anything that is not meant to happen in the game like flying guards or getting 839284838x errors

edit crap messed the title up Kent to be glitchiest game

please don't say stereotypes like sonic 06 KSP (it's really glitchy but that can't be helped)

mine would have have to be assassins creed II or 2

Edited by Ethanadams
Fixed the title for you.

Crashday, very buggy damage system, and skipping through walls (Not to mention there's no maximum speed, so you can accelerate to even few thousands kph)

Although I still like it, because it has nice map editor and gamemodes.

Star Wolves 2, I had high hopes because the first game was so good, and while there might be a good game there it's unfinished and unplayable, even with the patch (and no English patch at all).

Leaving title as it is as it's more appropriate and funny.

Sorry to say it, but KSP is most definitely the buggiest released game I have played. A testament to the awesome concept though as anything comparable, bugs wise, never got past 5 minutes game time.

Hmmmm. Probably GTA: San Andreas on the PS2. Considfering the scale and scope of the game I don't think it was unduly glitchy but there were certainly plenty of issues, and more than in GTA3 or Vice City. Especially in fast driving or flying when things wouldn't load up in time, possibly made worse by a worn out drive or disc - on many occasions I collided with an invisible object and then the game got round to drawing it.

I've always wondered, how come I'm one of the only people for whom KSP's bugginess limits to running out of memory due to a huge amount of mods and a limited amount of RAM? Which fixed itself when I got some more RAM, so that the 4 RAM available to 32bit KSP wouldn't be taken up by the OS and other stuff.

That said, I seem to never run into any sufficently dangerous bugs in any game I play, outside of heavy modding, and even then it's my fault most of the time for forgetting something.

Edited by DestinyPlayer

Glitchiest game I've played is Need For Speed Pro Street. Followed by Need For Speed Shift. Then an old PS2 title called Hypersonic Xtreme. Starhawk and Warhawk were both great games that bugged out more than KSP does. Hell, SPORE gives it a run for its money. (Funny how there are three EA games on my list).

And who could forget Grand Theft Auto 5? In crashouts from Online alone it beats KSP in bugginess easily. Then you have all the other bugs too.

The people calling KSP their glitchiest game haven't played much. Its rocksolid compared to some of the crap I've had the misfortune of dealing with.

Edited by Camaron

Fallout: New Vegas takes the cake. EVERY SINGLE THING was glitched out when that game first shipped, and it hasn't gotten much better afterwards. Quest items glitching through the ground? Check. Main story quests that were impossible to complete because the player would glitch through the ground in front of the quest point? Check. Or a bomb that wasn't there yet blew up anyway? Check. Or every deathclaw in the game suddenly teleporting to the top of Black Mountain just after the player finished an epic fight with a bunch of super mutants? Double Check.

Skyrim comes a close second, but only because of the first patch. Orbital dragons? Check. Dragons flying backwards and breathing fire out of their arse? Check. Quests that (are still today, four years later) glitched out and impossible to complete because you picked up the quest item before you had the quest? Check.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something from my youth, but the code quality of shipped games from twenty years ago was generally far better. In part because games were considerably less complex, but also because distributors were quicker to reject horridly broken games. (I do recall some pretty badly broken fan imports/subs of japanese games, but I can't blame the devs for that.)

Rome: Total War. Even the gold box edition had a list of serious bugs as long as your arm. Stuff like units moving to the wrong places, archers shooting the wrong targets and killing your own men in the process, cavalry would run right up to a fleeing enemy unit, hit them once, and then stand still and watch them run away, etc.

Lets see.....

Lock 'n' Chase (Intellivision): A knock off of Pacman. You're the Robber, the opponents are Cops. At the right place at the right level, you could slip into the borders, the cops go snake, and your points earned go thru the roof (this only affected the early cartridges and 1st gen consoles).

Astrosmash (Intellivision): At one point the screen would go into different colours, then I die. Did get a replacement cartridge that worked flawless afterwards (might have been a hardware issue)

Loderunner (Apple IIe): Pretty bad, even for it's simple 8 bit processing. After some of us found the bugs in the BASIC lines of program, it got better.

Need for speed 1 (PS1): Horrid frame rate, cars went thru obstacles, would crash at random. Did get a replacement disc that was significantly better (an update of sorts)

Half Life (PSII): Didn't even load. Got a replacement.

Grand Turismo II (PS1): Arcade disc had a crash when you went into the test track. Got a free replacement that worked great.

Minecraft (iOS): First versions were less buggy, then they got worse. Latest one isn't too bad.

Kerbal Space Program (Mac OS X): I do hate to say this, but there is some issues. Not many with a stock unmodded game, but mods do make it unstable rather quickly. I do love the game, and my Dad uses it to test out Video Cards and CPU performance when he builds a computer.

Edited by GDJ

Terminal Velocity (1995). Waited months before my parents finally bought a computer with an optical drive (CD-ROM). then it would play until level 10 or so and crash always at the same place. Very disappointing.

However it got me hooked up to space simulations/games. so it kinda gives me a good feeling when I think back of playing it for the first time.

Probably minecraft. This is what happened when I tried to play the game after not playing it for a full year:

RwzFogO.png

I deleted it after about ten seconds.

KSP (it's really glitchy but that can't be helped)

Yeah, I totally hate when people say that KSP has bugs. They should stop being entitled and learn that Squad can't do anything about it and it's problems with unity, not them. :^)

Edited by mythbusters844
made colon caret parentheses more clear

I'm sure I'm forgetting something from my youth, but the code quality of shipped games from twenty years ago was generally far better. In part because games were considerably less complex, but also because distributors were quicker to reject horridly broken games. (I do recall some pretty badly broken fan imports/subs of japanese games, but I can't blame the devs for that.)
I credit/blame the change with that in the past patches were basically impossible on consoles and not easy to distribute on PCs. Developers had to get the game right first time, or free of serious bugs at the very least, even if that meant adding a lot to the development schedule.

Nowadays developers know they can patch any issues after the fact, so it's a lot easier for them to cut short the testing if they want to rush the release out so they can start getting revenue sooner. And then once they have the money in the bank they might feel that it's less profitable to make bugfixes than to get on with the next game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.