[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

[quote name='Azimech']No, I've got a different solution. You can create rocket engines which have an exhaust blast with a negative heat value, to simulate a fire hose and have the appropriate fx to go with it. This way the enemy sees it when you're trying to put out a fire.[/QUOTE] For the damage thing, have you perhaps considered skillful weapons and damage? It has a very in depth damage system.

[quote name='Acea']Log:

[url]http://i.imgur.com/1Dusc15.jpg[/url]
Recent progress. Next we're going to make something new, maybe not really naval, but related to naval vessels.[/QUOTE]

16" Iowa?

You planning any other RN ship guns?

[quote name='Cdodders']Oh god yes! Any thoughts on the KGV quad turrets or triple 6" turrets?[/QUOTE]

There'd be a Cleveland triple 6" so I'm afraid there'd be no BL 6 inch, and KGV quad may need to wait...
We'd not consider weapons too similar to existing types or ones on to-do list first, except for the situations in which they're needed indeed.

[quote name='Acea']There'd be a Cleveland triple 6" so I'm afraid there'd be no BL 6 inch, and KGV quad may need to wait...
We'd not consider weapons too similar to existing types or ones on to-do list first, except for the situations in which they're needed indeed.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok.

How about the Octuple Pom-Pom?

Log:

Finally I got all links fixed. The new editor is quite annoying but not too difficult to get used to.

We'll most possibly finish modelling in this week and show all of you the 0.3.0 "Super-dreadnaught" update.

On 2015/11/26 上午4:49:33, Cdodders said:

How about the Octuple Pom-Pom?

I'm not sure, this needs consideration

EDIT: We have a new poll now!

Edited by Acea

Log:

Yesterday Baha accepted my suggestion on GitHub, which means we'll have flaks breaking the 3.5km detonation limit in the next BDArmory release.

Also with all new features in BDA dev post, I think it'll be time to update to realistic torpedoes once KSP 1.1 releases.

4 hours ago, clivman said:

I think air-dropped torpedoes would be cool.

If we could make it not explode at the water surface and float up and keep the depth automatically without losing its balance, we'll do it

I'm hitting a snag with the physics engine. Apparently it doesn't like the mass increases I put in to facilitate the mounting of the heavy NAS turrets. I get numerous kraken attacks and flexing joints. First I'll try KJR but if it doesn't work I may have to accept my mod can't handle NAS, unless we can work something out.

Good to see the torpedo conundrum still stays strong. I had the idea to have the rendered model animate away from the collison mesh so it would be above the water but invisible. Then its just a matter of making it a cruise missile with a set height and levatation of some sort.

5 minutes ago, LORDPrometheus said:

Good to see the torpedo conundrum still stays strong. I had the idea to have the rendered model animate away from the collison mesh so it would be above the water but invisible. Then its just a matter of making it a cruise missile with a set height and levatation of some sort.

I've already got an idea to make torpedoes perfect. We have something looking alike torpedoes, but I'll have it redone after the next BDArmory release

18 hours ago, Acea said:

I've already got an idea to make torpedoes perfect. We have something looking alike torpedoes, but I'll have it redone after the next BDArmory release

What's your idea?  And how can I help (or not get in the way?)

5 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

What's your idea?  And how can I help (or not get in the way?)

I just need to ensure that missiles at a low speed (less than 20 m/s) would not explode once they touch the water, with engines on, and explode only when they hit something solid. That's all.

Edited by Acea

21 minutes ago, Acea said:

I just need to ensure that missiles at a low speed (less than 20 m/s) would not explode once they touch the water, with engines on, and explode only when they hit something solid. That's all.

Okay. And what guidance are you using for it?  If you want I could just copy/paste the cruise guidance and make the altitude values negative

9 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Okay. And what guidance are you using for it?  If you want I could just copy/paste the cruise guidance and make the altitude values negative

Most WWII torpedoes don't use guidance... they just go straight. Anyhow there may be others who are willing to make modern torps, I guess optional camera or GPS guidance should be okay

Edited by Acea

Oh gotcha.  Anyway, try this out: https://github.com/BahamutoD/BDArmory/blob/master/BahaTurret/bin/Debug/BahaTurret.dll (click Raw to download)

In missile config, add 

torpedo = true
waterImpactTolerance = 20

All that will do is make it so the crash tolerance is 20 when it is above water, and the usual 1 when underwater.

Edited by BahamutoD

3 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Oh gotcha.  Anyway, try this out: https://github.com/BahamutoD/BDArmory/blob/master/BahaTurret/bin/Debug/BahaTurret.dll (click Raw to download)

In missile config, add 

torpedo = true
waterImpactTolerance = 20

All that will do is make it so the crash tolerance is 20 when it is above water, and the usual 1 when underwater.

Thx I'd try that in a day or two:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.