Pak

[1.7.1] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Recommended Posts

I'm kinda ass at ksp, but this looked sick so I downloaded it and figured it can't be that hard. I was able to get it into orbit but it took like 15 tries, and when i landed I couldn't get the nose up enough and it crashed. 

 

I looked at the tutorial drawings but they don't really help. can anyone give me tips to fly this thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ateballgaming said:

I'm kinda ass at ksp, but this looked sick so I downloaded it and figured it can't be that hard. I was able to get it into orbit but it took like 15 tries, and when i landed I couldn't get the nose up enough and it crashed. 

 

I looked at the tutorial drawings but they don't really help. can anyone give me tips to fly this thing?

I would highly recommend Gravity Turn for launch. As far as landing, i use MechJeb's Smart A.S.S. set at SVEL+ with 40 degrees pitch. Then, I use a joystick and Atmosphere Autopilot's Fly-by-Wire for the rest of the landing. Learn to use Trajectories for reentry planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere previously in this thread I've posted a full-on MechJeb ascent video and all the parameters for it.  Also a MechJeb Assisted reentry.  I will say that if you're playing stock, those numbers for re-entry are about as perfect as you can get.  Using Trajectories mod to show where you're going to end up (later in the re-entry) and using MechJeb to hold attitude (roll if you need to bleed off speed, keep pitch at 25-40) you should be able to get home every time.

 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/119951-145-cormorant-aeronology-mk3-space-shuttle/&do=findComment&comment=3410776

Edited by slaintemaith
Added video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 6:48 PM, GeneralToy said:

How do you install this mod correctly? I installed in game data but the parts don't show up in the game

Unzip the mod's folder into your GameData folder (it's in your KSP directory). The mod should have its own GameData folder, and you want to put all of the files in there into your main GameData. The file structure should look like this:

KSP>GameData>Cormorant Aeronology
                               ModuleManager
                               Firespitter Core

Although if you have some other mods that require MM and Firespitter Core then make sure you only have one in your GameData. Having two could cause things to be weird. I hope that made sense!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Pak Do you have any plans to incorporate SPT into CA? It'd be really good to revive such a great mod.

The question is does he still have plans to incorporate SPT into CA. In the SPT thread, page number 11 is where theirs some sort of an agreement between MrMeep and Pak where MrMeep was going to send Pak the files.
I realy want to know whats going on with SPT, it seems dead and im not even sure if it still works.

Edited by xD-FireStriker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

The question is does he still have plans to incorporate SPT into CA. In the SPT thread, page number 11 is where theirs some sort of an agreement between MrMeep and Pak where MrMeep was going to send Pak the files.
I realy want to know whats going on with SPT, it seems dead and im not even sure if it still works.

I think it should work. In 1.4.5 it work very well. No need for updates of SPT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xD-FireStriker said:

The question is does he still have plans to incorporate SPT into CA. In the SPT thread, page number 11 is where theirs some sort of an agreement between MrMeep and Pak where MrMeep was going to send Pak the files.
I realy want to know whats going on with SPT, it seems dead and im not even sure if it still works.

I know, I've been waiting for a while for Pak to merge SPT.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I think it should work. In 1.4.5 it work very well. No need for updates of SPT.

I've just tested it and sadly it no longer works in 1.4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I know, I've been waiting for a while for Pak to merge SPT.

I've just tested it and sadly it no longer works in 1.4.

I use SPT since long times and I can say for sure: it works very well in 1.4.x. Which parts are not working in your installation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cheesecake said:

I use SPT since long times and I can say for sure: it works very well in 1.4.x. Which parts are not working in your installation?

How did you get it to work? did you update anything it came with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cheesecake said:

I use SPT since long times and I can say for sure: it works very well in 1.4.x. Which parts are not working in your installation?

Hmm, strange. Only the alternate shuttle cockpit shows up, and I'm not using DIRECT. I'm also using the latest versions of WildBlueTools and DMagic Science Animate. How are you installing the mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Hmm, strange. Only the alternate shuttle cockpit shows up, and I'm not using DIRECT. I'm also using the latest versions of WildBlueTools and DMagic Science Animate. How are you installing the mod?

Do you have Redirect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only used the latest versions of the dependencies. That should work.

DIRECT is no dependencie but works too, even REDIRECT.

Edited by Cheesecake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Do you have Redirect?

Nope.

Just now, Cheesecake said:

I only used the latest versions of the dependencies. That should work.

Are you also using Direct / Redirect? IIRC it's only necessary for some launch vehicle parts, which I don't really want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

 

Are you also using Direct / Redirect? IIRC it's only necessary for some launch vehicle parts, which I don't really want.

Yes and no. It`s no dependencie of SPT.

DIRECT is only need for the Boosters.

Edited by Cheesecake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Direct is listed as a required mod

No, it's only necessary for a few parts that I don't want.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake said:

Yes and no. It`s no dependencie of SPT.

Hmm. I'll try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheesecake said:

What is not working? No Parts? Do you have Firespitter (as far as I know it is an dependecie)?

None of the parts (except for the shuttle cockpit with offset node) show up, and I'm using one of the latest versions of Firespitter.

Edited by sslaptnhablhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Pak, figured just to let you know, I did 1 more video on the Cormorant Aeronology (1.4.5 though), can't wait to see it in 1.5

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im am having trouble with getting the RO configs to work, I have done what it tells you do(place the config in the patches folder of the mod) but it still isn't working 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.