[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Make sure you installed MucMechJeb plugin, Pandora isn't compatible with MechJeb 2.

When will it be?

I can not go back to the previous version of the mechjeb only for a mod, and then the rover's prometheus mod is compatible (there I installed with mechjeb2 and working properly), because the pandora is not it?

When will it be?I can not go back to the previous version of the mechjeb only for a mod, and then the rover's prometheus mod is compatible (there I installed with mechjeb2 and working properly), because the pandora is not it?
You can install both, no need to go back to MechJeb 1.
This is glorious! What will you be doing next? Hermès?
Yes Hermes is the next one (may be the last). 3D model is already almost done but developement is delayed because I need to improve in some part making: I can't make a landing gear and other plane stuff for example, and Hermes is more a plane than a rocket. Here a pic:7v578apldywjwp94g.jpg

OOOooh i like the look of the icarus, is that spinny bit a centrifuge?
Yes, an extandable centrifuge.
What was that boomy noise? The interstellar drive?
It seems to be a decoupler audio bug.
Does downloading CleverBobCat mod for 0.20 works? Downloading MechJeb 1.9.8? (Hey, this is one of the only things I know to have MuMechLib...) Downloading the SUMBEAM LASER from Kerbal Space Port? If not, please list the links. If so, it would be great to confirm it.
All the required links can be found in the INSTRUCTIONS.txt file in the archive for each mod.

Here a video of the first Icarus alpha tests: (...) Radial docks seem to work like I wanted. A lot of small issues still need to be fixed.

It looks very promising. I was surprised to see new probes - good idea!

Few questions:

1. Will it be SSTO or will it require HyperEditing to orbit?

2. Will it have some extra toggable shield for the engine (so that the plasma during aeorbraking won't destroy them)?

I love "Icarus" and I'm gonna tell you, this is the mod I would like to play the most right now :)

Yogui I love the MEM pack btw, but I found that the command pod snaps off the service module when exiting warp rather drastically. Is there a fix?

I tired deleting the decouple node in the command pod .cgf and adding a hard decoupler. No nice. It snaps off at the decoupler.

Edited by Motokid600

It looks very promising. I was surprised to see new probes - good idea!Few questions:1. Will it be SSTO or will it require HyperEditing to orbit?2. Will it have some extra toggable shield for the engine (so that the plasma during aeorbraking won't destroy them)?I love "Icarus" and I'm gonna tell you, this is the mod I would like to play the most right now :)
1. Right now, Icarus can take off vertically and orbit Kerbin by itself but it needs to park in orbit while nuclear engine "regenerate" (works with a new ressource: Nuclear energy, constantly generated but fast consume).2. I don't really understand what do you mean by "extra toggable shield", if you could explain me a little bit more or a pic would be nice. I'm open to any parts suggestions. I want this mod to be modular so people could build their own ship easily, and add the best ones to "stock mod" craft files.
Yogui I love the MEM pack btw, but I found that the command pod snaps off the service module when exiting warp rather drastically. Is there a fix?I tired deleting the decouple node in the command pod .cgf and adding a hard decoupler. No nice. It snaps off at the decoupler.
I'll have a look to that. Edited by Yogui87

I don't really understand what do you mean by "extra toggable shield", if you could explain me a little bit more or a pic would be nice.

No problem, take a look at this:

iblzBVw.jpg

Here you can see "Pegasus" from BBC "Space Odyssey" firing its NTR engines. They are right in the middle of the thermal shield, which would pose, err, big and obvious problems (imagine Apollo coming back from the Moon with a hole in its termal shield the size of a basketball). How could it be solved?

QGioXcD.jpg

Additional retractable shield for the engines to protect them during aerobraking! Just what you need to survive it. I think that "Icarus" could use some of this technology for the sake of plausability :)

No problem, take a look at this:Here you can see "Pegasus" from BBC "Space Odyssey" firing its NTR engines. They are right in the middle of the thermal shield, which would pose, err, big and obvious problems (imagine Apollo coming back from the Moon with a hole in its termal shield the size of a basketball). How could it be solved?Additional retractable shield for the engines to protect them during aerobraking! Just what you need to survive it. I think that "Icarus" could use some of this technology for the sake of plausability :)
I didn't imagine Icarus could make an aerobreaking for landing (I think it's too big and hasn't got any landing gear), but I think it's a good idea for going threw an asteroids field for example. I'll have a look to that, I love these small useless (but so fun) details.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.