[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Kerballo Spyglass

JE5AhS6.png

Getting the hang of Camera tools. Haven't seen many depictions of this bad boy. IIRC, it was supposed to be stowed in the SIM BayBUT I did it in the SLA since the SIM bay was too small. NOT that the SIM is a problem. Would rather not have you guys redo Apollo again for just a minor Alt. Hist scenario.

Was waiting for someone to make this! Beautiful.

so looks like Block I Nose went In-Game according to Github/Gamedata folder shows files for it, but just can't seem to find it
i do seem to find the old one, but not new one it appears

3:29 PM - going to try deleting old parts folder
3:35 PM - the new Block I nose now shows

Edited by Adam-Kerman

I’m so glad Saturn 1 is mostly complete, and it looks gorgeous. Absolutely incredible.

Just wanted to ask, I noticed a little texture 'glitch' on an Apollo part some weeks ago. It disappeared for a time, but it just reappeared in the update today. Is it a permanent addition? Or is it just hanging around for development?

I’ve noticed a bug on where during an EVA with an kerbal with anything in its inventory and you go back inside The LM or Apollo Capsule it suddenly just disappears from the inventory . I tried to EVA again just to see if it was just glitched out but the items where gone.

Also the IVA for the LM is still opposite of where it’s meant to be facing. Though only seams to happen after being docked with the Apollo command module, but still being bugged after undocked

Edited by MrStayPuft

21 hours ago, xSHAUNTHESHEEPx said:

The MOD add's parts ? huh ? it seemed to over write parts at my end, my fuel tanks were left in a god awful mess, with tanks missing completely, it didn't go back to normal till I removed the Mod, is the MOD meant to over write existing assets ? or add new assets ? 

Sound more like Module Manager problem

13 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

I'm having difficulty getting Clementine to the Mun, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to launch directly to intercept but I have no idea how to do that.

is there a good guide for it?

For launching directly to Mun, you'll want to do a test flight first where you launch directly to an apoapsis at the Mun's orbital altitude. Next, figure out the approximate angle between your apoapsis on this flight and the Mun's actual position when you reach apoapsis, and then revert and adjust your time of launch so that the actual launch happens at the right position. It's not an overwhelmingly elegant method but it at least works, provided your piloting is consistent.

28 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Or making it more similar to Habtech would work too, and increase use cases
5DDmXmi.png

1 hour ago, Jcking said:

The obvious solution is more raised rectangles!

1021px-ISS-45_Cygnus_5_approaching_the_I

Well, it is supposed to be accurate to ETS. I think the square sections look fine.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:06 PM, Zorg said:

BDB only adds parts, if something got broken it sounds like a bad installation.

Then what explains the missing assets ? I removed the mod and the tanks returned, should I take some screen shots ?

Like, some assets remained, though they changed in appearance, colour etc, they not longer looked the same as the originals but were named the same, which made me think some were replaced, I honestly can't find any other reason why, as once I removed the mod, the original tanks returned. 

12 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Man, not gonna lie, those 4 rectangles on the sides are kind of an eyesore. Apart from that, it's coming out really nicely dude.

1 hour ago, Jcking said:

The obvious solution is more raised rectangles!

1 hour ago, Beccab said:

Or making it more similar to Habtech would work too, and increase use cases

44 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

This sounds like a much better alternative, and it could fit in pretty well with the rest of the BDB revamp.

43 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Well, it is supposed to be accurate to ETS. I think the square sections look fine.

To be honest, this is the part where the update starts getting difficult, since there isn't a lot to go off of for a lot of the upcoming stuff. The ETS renders for stuff like the Apollo and AARDV are fairly primitive and not good representations of the hardware, IMO. But yeah, idk, I'll sleep on it a bit and see if I come up with something better. I did rather like the old AARDV's vibe though, with those rectangular panels. I want to avoid making it too close to Cygnus or ATV - I really want it to feel like something from the 70s.

For what it's worth, I want the AARDV to be made out of the same material as the service module. The Block 2's cargo can more  resembles an ISS module, and indeed, Benjee has sent me some HabTech2 .psd files to use as reference for that.

11 hours ago, mozartbeatle said:

Just wanted to ask, I noticed a little texture 'glitch' on an Apollo part some weeks ago. It disappeared for a time, but it just reappeared in the update today. Is it a permanent addition? Or is it just hanging around for development?

What glitch? I have no idea what you're talking about unless you post a picture or describe it more! :)

10 hours ago, MrStayPuft said:

I’ve noticed a bug on where during an EVA with an kerbal with anything in its inventory and you go back inside The LM or Apollo Capsule it suddenly just disappears from the inventory . I tried to EVA again just to see if it was just glitched out but the items where gone.

Also the IVA for the LM is still opposite of where it’s meant to be facing. Though only seams to happen after being docked with the Apollo command module, but still being bugged after undocked

I honestly have no idea about the first thing, I've hardly played KSP at all since that stuff was added and I've personally never touched it. Does anyone have some insight? Are our cfgs broken somehow?

The LM needs to be looked at, right now I'm not sure if the orientation of the external is correct. After that the IVA can be fixed. Though, I don't think it should move at all in game..?

20 minutes ago, xSHAUNTHESHEEPx said:

I don't believe so, as mentioned, after I removed the "BlueDog" Mod. all the original tanks came back and when I install Bluedog they get replaced with others, though some still remain original

4 minutes ago, xSHAUNTHESHEEPx said:

Then what explains the missing assets ? I removed the mod and the tanks returned, should I take some screen shots ?

Like, some assets remained, though they changed in appearance, colour etc, they not longer looked the same as the originals but were named the same, which made me think some were replaced, I honestly can't find any other reason why, as once I removed the mod, the original tanks returned. 

That doesn't make sense? Do you mean stock tanks? The mod shouldn't touch those whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, xSHAUNTHESHEEPx said:

You might need to provide a screenshot of your gamedata folder so we can see whats installed and how. If you can also provide screenshots of these parts ("they not longer looked the same as the originals but were named the same,") that will also help.

Once you post some of that information we will know what to look for and for what other information you may need to provide.

I can 100% guarantee BDB does not change parts in the stock game or in other mods.

Edited by Zorg

10 hours ago, MrStayPuft said:

have you tried this with stock command pods, i'm not 100% sure as i haven't looked at how the stock inventory system is integrated into mods however i belive this might just be a stock oversight/bug with the inventory system. as an issue like that sounds like an issue with the part module being called instead of a cfg error (assuming that the stock inventory system for parts is a part module)

Edited by x170doom

11 minutes ago, x170doom said:

have you tried this with stock command pods, i'm not 100% sure as i haven't looked at how the stock inventory system is integrated into mods however i belive this might just be a stock oversight/bug with the inventory system. as an issue like that sounds like an issue with the part module being called instead of a cfg error (assuming that the stock inventory system for parts is a part module)

I just tested a couple of the stock command pods and they worked fine. 

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I honestly have no idea about the first thing, I've hardly played KSP at all since that stuff was added and I've personally never touched it. Does anyone have some insight? Are our cfgs broken somehow?

The LM needs to be looked at, right now I'm not sure if the orientation of the external is correct. After that the IVA can be fixed. Though, I don't think it should move at all in game..?

So I checked to see the Debug console and noting came up. But I was able to duplicate items too.

How to recreate 

-send kerbal to IVA

-transfer one or more items to the other kerbal or storage in command module or LM 

-board the craft.

-now have duplicated items.

NOTE: I did this with stock deployable sciences, other mods, and stock/mod parts that fit inventory. 

I 'don't know what to look for in CFGs, so someone else would have to check. 

4 minutes ago, MrStayPuft said:

I just tested a couple of the stock command pods and they worked fine. 

So I checked to see the Debug console and noting came up. But I was able to duplicate items too.

I'll have to look at the vanilla part configs and compare to what we have.

17 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

I'm having difficulty getting Clementine to the Mun, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to launch directly to intercept but I have no idea how to do that.

is there a good guide for it?

Hmm that’s strange. I did test Clementine for both 2.5x KSRSS and JNSQ, and it had more than enough delta V to reach the moon. This is because after it’s Lunar mission, Clementine was to fly by the near Earth asteroid Geographos with its remaining fuel. This never occurred though because of a computer error. Regardless, it should have enough fuel.

Which rocket are you launching on? Clementine was launched on a Titan 23G. This is pretty much a Titan 2 with a Star 37 solid rocket motor on top. The Titan 2 and the Star 37 will be enough to bring it to trans-Lunar injection. Clementine’s large supply of liquid fuel and its highly efficient engine would be enough to bring it to a stable Lunar orbit. Let me know if you are launching Clementine in this way. If not, I’ll double check my numbers.

I'm not sure whether this is a Bluedog problem or a Modular Launch Pads problem, so I'm reporting it in both threads.

Take a Sarnus BR-375-XI SRB and attach a Modular Launch Pads launch base to its bottom node. (Here I've used General Launch Base 3 - Large but it happens with all the launch bases, I think.)

eSyna8o.png

At first everything is fine, but in short order the BR-375-XI starts to oscillate. The oscillations increase until it's spinning wildly around the pad.

IQN7hHh.png

iP6sZcf.png

2kJIGzF.png

Weird, huh?