[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

We have entries in the options menu? 0.o someone show me a screenshot!

iOmoDib.png

Settings>Difficulty>Bluedog Design Bureau (and yes, theres both a slider and a radio button)

Edited by Avalon304

... and in meanwhile (even if I was not authorized to do so), I can tell you that I'm working on new stock [REDACTED] for all the [REDACTED] bound in BDB............

<Some secret agency, probably CIA or even worse one, passed by and top-secreted the "key words"...>

26 minutes ago, Araym said:

<Some secret agency, probably CIA or even worse one, passed by and top-secreted the "key words"...>

In that case I might not get an answer to my question but lets ask anyway :P

Was there an add on reentry capsule (aka "film bucket") posted some place as an alternative Belle payload ?

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

21 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Hype?

-Hype go's here-

Not just Hype, what you have there is the rare and coveted High Quality Hype.

*Edit* This Hype just in. @VenomousRequiem Appears to have already begun updating BDBs RP configs.

Can we get N>3 cheers for Venom?

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

2 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

In that case I might not get an answer to my question but lets ask anyway :P

Was there an add on reentry capsule (aka "film bucket") posted some place as an alternative Belle payload ?

Negative, Ghostrider. However, my mod Sample Capsule Return capsule needs an update (easy enough, I might be able to do it tonight) but it is based loosely on a film return bucket. Jso was working on a new system for our cameras (in terms of balancing them, not a huge plugin or something) and I believe he had something like film capsules. The new stock science container also gives me hope. Unfortunately, the guy needs a break. Just about every day I text him with another awesome thing that needs to be his first priority. Its one thing when I do that to myself, another thing when its him... MOLE has them too.

40 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

@CobaltWolf I know you've asked about extra Apollo parts long ago, but I forgot to ask at that time! Can you please make a simple cone replacing parachutes and dock port so we can build Apollo Block I? thanks!

its definitely possible (sorta unclear why everyone wants a LESS functional spacecraft considering you would probably be regularly docking during missions at that point...) and something ill make sure to get done. The roadmap doesn't keep up with the pace of ideas.

EDIT: I'll make sure to get it on to the current texture sheet.

Edited by CobaltWolf

13 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

Huh, pretty cool. But why use WildBlue Tools instead of B9PartSwitch? It can do a lot more and you're probably going to include it for fuel switching anyway.

For what we want, WBT can do all that B9 can (mesh, texture, fuel and node switching? Unless I'm missing something) plus a lot more like the science lab functionality. Plus, I know/see Angel on a regular basis for when I have issues.

@CobaltWolf , you might want to have someone take a look at the thermal limits on the LEM. There's no way it should survive punching through Kerbin's atmosphere. Sure, it hits the ground, but even then it's not that banged up. The Grumman boys would be passing out cigars with that kind of performance.

I want to thank @Jso for the recent balance pass. The Saturn 1B & 1C have around 5500/ms dv and that seems about right for the BDB beast. And a full S-IVB and half full S-IC/S-II has the first two stages burn out slightly before orbit and give plenty of fuel for the third stage to circularize and the perform TMI.

Really nice work.

Holy kerbals, batman. I just downloaded BDB 1.2 and realized the Saturn V is in there. AWESOME work, Wolfy!!!!  Looks amazing!!!!  

Now waiting for KJR to come out so I can actually launch it into orbit, as it's flopping like a limp noodle at the moment. I'll make some screenshots when KJR is out.

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

Holy kerbals, batman. I just downloaded BDB 1.2 and realized the Saturn V is in there. AWESOME work, Wolfy!!!!  Looks amazing!!!!  

Now waiting for KJR to come out so I can actually launch it into orbit, as it's flopping like a limp noodle at the moment. I'll make some screenshots when KJR is out.

Turn on advanced tweakables in the settings... then auto strut the Sarnus V.

8 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

That was the story of my first three launch attempts. The upside was I had the abort sequence correct. After finding out about the "advanced tweakables" setting, I was able to tighten things up so she flies true. @CobaltWolf and his team have done an outstanding job with this release. My hat is off to them and their dedication to do right by these historic vehicles.