[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

hello. I've probably used up my good standing here, but I have a minor bug pertaining to the Muo Launcher.

When I use the Muo engine skirt, then decouple it, it appears to be caught on the main rocket body. there is no part clipping here, and trying to use the provided 'Retrotrons' to pull it off just slows down the rocket. 

What? One (seemingly, but probably not truthfully) rude comment won't make us at BDB turn a blind eye to someone. We're better than that. :P

Do you have the latest release from SpaceDock? If so, it's known about and actually fixed in the latest dev build! Maybe @CobaltWolf could link it if you ask nicely. :) (I'm in mobile and don't have the patience to look for it...)

10 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Do you have the latest release from SpaceDock? If so, it's known about and actually fixed in the latest dev build! Maybe @CobaltWolf could link it if you ask nicely. :) (I'm in mobile and don't have the patience to look for it...)

The latest dev build AND the Space Dock build both show the same thning.

for my mods, I have KER, Insanity Aerospace Parts, Modular Rocket Systems, Fuel Tanks Plus, & Colour Coded Canisters.

PS: I have read the Updated Manual. However, there is documentation for a parts collection called 'Leo', part of the 'Vinci'.

I do not see a 'Leo' in the latest dev build for 0.10-RC1, or 0.10. The closest thing to the 'Leo' pod is the 'Karrot'. Is the Leo planned to replace the 'Karrot' pod we currently have, or is Leo from another mod?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

PS: I have read the Updated Manual. However, there is documentation for a parts collection called 'Leo', part of the 'Vinci'.

I do not see a 'Leo' in the latest dev build for 0.10-RC1, or 0.10. The closest thing to the 'Leo' pod is the 'Karrot'. Is the Leo planned to replace the 'Karrot' pod we currently have, or is Leo from another mod?

I'm in charge of that, basically I made the manual and specially the Vinci part with the lastest dev build of the TRAILS made by Beale for BDB. I think that maybe the "mc donell" folder in the link of BDB is not update (don't know)."Maybe" it's my fault, I'm currently at work I'll check that in few hours if Vinci parts are named vinci or leo but I remember it was "leo".

Edited by DiscoSlelge

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I'm in charge of that, basically I made the manual and specially the Vinci part with the lastest dev build of the TRAILS made by Beale for BDB. I think that maybe the "mc donell" folder in the link of BDB is not update (don't know)."Maybe" it's my fault, I'm currently at work I'll check that in few hours if Vinci parts are named vinci or leo but I remember it was "leo".

Thanks, TRAILS is *just* detailed enough to look good, but not FASA-leveled laggy. 

And yes, it is called 'Leo'.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

10 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Thanks, TRAILS is *just* detailed enough to look good, but not FASA-leveled laggy. 

And yes, it is called 'Leo'.

Hard words are hard.

Edited by DiscoSlelge

@Rory Yammomoto download the source code for the github repo and you'll get the dev version for 1.1. EDIT: @Rory Yammomoto I had just woken up and forgot your specific issue. Yes, the Atlas shroud wasn't working with the last release. The newest dev build has fixed it.

TRAILS is getting included in the next release of the mod. The Leo CSM, including the Vinci command pod, will be included. The Karrot is being removed from the mod as it is basically the exact same part with the same dimensions, just not as good looking.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Oh baby *2!

Beautiful work on the RCS and custom textures :) 

Thanks Beale! I don't know if I even want the normal maps anymore, I don't think I could handle how beautiful that would be. (joking pls finish them they're amazing)

11 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

@CobaltWolf What visual mods you running?

EVE/SVE, Planetshine, RealPlume, SmokeScreen, scatterer, Ambient Light Adjustment, and the Blue Harvest ENB + GEMFX + SweetFX pack. The problem is that the ENB stuff which is prolly 50% of the whole 'pretty' factor only works on 32bit... dunno if that will change now or not, with 1.1 out.

JJ Abrams called, he wants his lens flares back...

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, benjee10 said:

Man, those screenshots are freaking awesome.

It wasn't that much of a performance hit, either. I was still getting ~40-50 FPS on my 560ti. Well, I guess that is a hit (though I feel as if I never reach 60 in 1.1 anyways) but the game is still very playable. And for KSP, it's not like you need a super high refresh rate.

43 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thanks Beale! I don't know if I even want the normal maps anymore, I don't think I could handle how beautiful that would be. (joking pls finish them they're amazing)

EVE/SVE, Planetshine, RealPlume, SmokeScreen, scatterer, Ambient Light Adjustment, and the Blue Harvest ENB + GEMFX + SweetFX pack. The problem is that the ENB stuff which is prolly 50% of the whole 'pretty' factor only works on 32bit... dunno if that will change now or not, with 1.1 out.

JJ Abrams called, he wants his lens flares back...

Wait, are those Lab Parts?Are those in BDB? WHERE CAN I GET THOSE???

4 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

@CobaltWolf Pardon my social skills. (social disabilities, I'm serious)

Also, those SCREENSHOTS!! Woah, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

That's, uh, you're fine?

Also, two things. First, a comparison between normal visual mods (EVE, scatterer, etc) and what it looks like with Blue Harvest on top.

Secondly, when talking about resupply craft for the MOS based stations, I have three 'proposals' for you. One is based on Transtage, one is based on the Gemini service module, and one uses an Agena.

• Pros of the Transtage based version - biggest capacity at 1.875m. Cons being that it might be a little early for the Transtage to be used, and it needs a decent sized Titan based launcher in order to launch at that point in the game.
  • Pros of the Gemini SM based version - decent payload, kind of cool in that it retrofits the Gemini hardware which makes it seem like a cool retrofit, and could launch on an unassisted Titan 2. Cons being that its a real love or hate looking design, not a particularly capable SM.
  • Pros of the Agena based version - Agena already has a history of operating not just as a stage, but an independent vessel. So upgrading its automation makes sense. It can also be easily launched on Atlas, which is cheaper than Titan but less capable. Cons being it has the lowest payload.

Because I'm kind of striking out on my own with the MOL stuff, and developing parts from scratch, I'm trying to define something of a headcanon for everything and it's a real struggle haha.

p3OUmdw.png