[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've been thinking about it a little...

oSFXK2T.png

Also, @VenomousRequiem, it's time to stop

1JtJmW0.png

I'd recommend making the ullage motors a separate part from the S-II interstage, since Apollo 4-6 had 8, Apollo 8-14 had 4 and Apollo 15-Skylab didn't have them at all.

Edited by _Krieger_

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

You should have been already :P

No, I mean REALLY hyped, there's varying degrees of hype. There's a certain level of hype that is maintained with this mod constantly, but then there's hype like I was yesterday before Apollo. 

19 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

No, I mean REALLY hyped, there's varying degrees of hype. There's a certain level of hype that is maintained with this mod constantly, but then there's hype like I was yesterday before Apollo. 

Gotta go fast plaid.

17 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

Uh, take a chill pill for a couple days to conserve it. I haven't been able to do anything today and won't tomorrow. Hopefully be back on the horse... idk, Monday I guess. I've been putting a minimum of something like 4hrs a day into BDB for two weeks straight, with more time than that on many days. Yesterday was prolly closer to 10 :P  My contract work has been fairly quiet and I've been sacrificing sleep to get more done, which is why Apollo got done in only two weeks, despite being mostly fairly complex parts compared to what I usually make. Ahead of me is not only moving out of my current apartment, I also have two weeks before I can move into my new one. I'm sort of unsure whether I'll even have an internet connection, and I definitely won't have access to my desktop. So we'll have to see what I can get done, and how fast I can do it.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uh, take a chill pill for a couple days to conserve it. I haven't been able to do anything today and won't tomorrow. Hopefully be back on the horse... idk, Monday I guess. I've been putting a minimum of something like 4hrs a day into BDB for two weeks straight, with more time than that on many days. Yesterday was prolly closer to 10 :P  My contract work has been fairly quiet and I've been sacrificing sleep to get more done, which is why Apollo got done in only two weeks, despite being mostly fairly complex parts compared to what I usually make. Ahead of me is not only moving out of my current apartment, I also have two weeks before I can move into my new one. I'm sort of unsure whether I'll even have an internet connection, and I definitely won't have access to my desktop. So we'll have to see what I can get done, and how fast I can do it.

No rush, real life always comes first. Take as long as you need. Like I said, really excited for the future and I'll keep an ear to the ground

Is it relatively straight-forward to delete all the rockets and just keep the probe parts? (don't get me wrong, these are really lovely models/textures but I already have more rocket parts than I know what to do with! :P )

5 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Is it relatively straight-forward to delete all the rockets and just keep the probe parts? (don't get me wrong, these are really lovely models/textures but I already have more rocket parts than I know what to do with! :P )

Yup. Deleting whole directories should be safe.

8 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Probe related parts live in:
ProbesExpansion (obviously)
Antennas
Science (if you want those)
Explorer (all the tiny early-game probes, with some associated parts like decouplers and stuff. They're generally 0.3125m, half the usual size0)

And if you haven't checked it out yet, you should look into @akron's Probes+ mod.

53 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

BUG: Kane docking probe cannot undock, have to include little emergency decoupler until then

(Why am I not using Github? well... I never made an account.)

You should. It makes it far easier for us to keep track of things. :)

I am not sure what you mean? It docked fine for me. Are you sure that it's retracted?

53 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

BUG: Kane docking probe cannot undock, have to include little emergency decoupler until then

(Why am I not using Github? well... I never made an account.)

I am not sure what you mean? It docked fine for me. Are you sure that it's retracted?

46 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

yes. It is retracted, however it does not detach, even if I am undocked.

I think it has something to do with the receptacle.

4 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Hopefully this will be an all-inclusive Saturn V, however. :wink:

Who better to explain than myself:

On 3/27/2016 at 0:24 AM, CobaltWolf said:

...For Saturn, my goal would be not to split the parts up but to make parts for every proposed Saturn variant ever. All of them. :wink: So hopefully there would be a good variety for those size tanks. Though more realistically, I will lose interest in the family before I run out of designs. Especially the more extreme end of the scale...

satc12c5.gif

sat1gen.gif

satvgen.gif

Saturn1Cblackandwhitesmall.png

(Those images cover the majority of what I'd like to be possible, though the roadmap has more IIRC. I'd like to go back and add Pegasus satellite experiment parts, for example.

3 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

yes. It is retracted, however it does not detach, even if I am undocked.

I think it has something to do with the receptacle.

I had no problem (well, with the docking ports themselves anyways... #PEBKAC) docking and undocking multiple times the other night.

EDIT:
I FORGOT THE WHOLE REASON I CAME ON TO POST AT 1:00 AM!!!

Just wanted to give an absolutely 'UGE shoutout to @Cowboy_WY for busting his cuss on our Github the last week or so. He has not only been reporting numerous bugs and issues that have been slinking around under our radar, but also fixing many of them! Not only that, but he's redone our (previously haphazard) RemoteTech config! So I want a big thanks from all y'all out there that play BDB!

I also want to shout out to @Jso (even though he's an author, but, whatever), @rasta013, and probably some other people I can't remember. As a result of their hard work, our contribution graph looks like this:

hgao1Py.png

So yeah, big thanks to them!

tumblr_m9cieqn4MI1rd2qw6o1_400.gif

Edited by CobaltWolf

9 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

In case y'all may not have seen this, it might be worth a look once BDB Apollo is released:

Hopefully! We aren't going to be scaled exactly the same as FASA. I'm not sure what he means by 'There are so many different Saturn V mods'. FASA is the only one I know of with a complete Saturn V.

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hopefully! We aren't going to be scaled exactly the same as FASA.

Well, I'm no expert, but a lot of it will depend on how the tower is designed... If not a lot of separate or moving parts, for one thing, it may just take a little tweaking of scale & rescaleFactor in the .cfgs... ??

12 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Well, I'm no expert, but a lot of it will depend on how the tower is designed... If not a lot of separate or moving parts, for one thing, it may just take a little tweaking of scale & rescaleFactor in the .cfgs... ??

I saw someone using a KW Saturn V, maybe he means that?

As for the tower size, I tried rescaling the Falcon 9 tower to fit the Tundra Exploration F9 parts, but scaling it down by half caused the tower to clip into the body, so, IDK.