[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

9 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Both the TACLS D2 Centrifuge and D2 Greenhouse have greenhouses that take Waste, Water, and CarbonDioxide to produce WasteWater, Oxygen, and Food. :)

oops wrong forum, this was meant for pathfinder, but its was meant for building up a huge supply of food. like intensive cultivation off kerbin. (starship resupply) :D 

6 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

oops wrong forum, this was meant for pathfinder, but its was meant for building up a huge supply of food. like intensive cultivation off kerbin. (starship resupply) :D 

In Pathfinder, you can convert the Chuckwagon into a greenhouse, and the Hacienda has a greenhouse template as well. Same as above for the resource consumption.

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:36 AM, Angel-125 said:

You'll need to return those experiments home to get the rewards. Be sure to transfer them into a short logistics module configured for science, then return the experiments to Kerbin

@Angel-125 I tryed to follow your advice but I'm still unable to finish the experiments. I have docked a second vessel with the short logistics module but when I click to transfer the experiments the module is not selectable.

see image

And in VAB, I didn't see any option to configure the module for "science". It shows only KIS inventory and research kits. Maybe a problem with other mods like IFS?

6 hours ago, bice said:

@Angel-125 I tryed to follow your advice but I'm still unable to finish the experiments. I have docked a second vessel with the short logistics module but when I click to transfer the experiments the module is not selectable.

see image

And in VAB, I didn't see any option to configure the module for "science". It shows only KIS inventory and research kits. Maybe a problem with other mods like IFS?

Right click the short logistics module and click Reconfigure Storage. Make sure your short logistic module is configured for science:

jUDDVeK.png

From the lab, open the Experiment lab tab and press one of the Transfer buttons:

JocPkqw.png

Available destinations will be outlined in blue. Once transferred you'll receive confirmation:

kdm0Pen.png

More progress on the EDL Frame:

iOVhGG6.png

The Frame has a built-in decoupler that is automatically set up to share fuel. What you do is attach the engine to the EDL Tank, then attach the frame to the tank as well (there are two nodes to do that). Once you decouple the Frame, it serves as a launch pad for the rest of the vehicle. All that is optional of course, you could SSTO the Estonian into Low Duna Orbit with enough fuel.

I've got the EDL Tank configs set up properly too. With Pathfinder installed, you get a Bootstrap configuration that has enough storage space and resources for a small Pathfinder base.

Edited by Angel-125

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

SUCK IT DUNA LANDING DENIERS!!! PROOF DEBRIS ON DUNA!!!

6 minutes ago, Kosmonaut said:

Love this

Thanks! :) It's inspired by the iconic Mars Excursion Module, but designed for the kerbal environment. So instead of having a laboratory/hab, you send along a small Pathfinder base instead. Or, you land a base separately, and just fly the lander to it. Or, you just use the capsule as an orbital crew transport. Or...

Anyway, I'm starting to create the cutouts for the integrated landing gear. Once I get that and the gear themselves done, then all the exteriors for the Estonian are done. :)

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks! :) It's inspired by the iconic Mars Excursion Module, but designed for the kerbal environment.

The MEM is one of my favourite spacecraft concepts ever, along with NAUTILUS-X and the Orion Nuclear Pulse Battleship.

I really like the influences not only of the MEM but also the Mk 1-2. It is a perfect stockalike version of a classic spacecraft (what I love about your mods)

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:10 PM, Angel-125 said:

Right click the short logistics module and click Reconfigure Storage. Make sure your short logistic module is configured for science:

jUDDVeK.png

From the lab, open the Experiment lab tab and press one of the Transfer buttons:

JocPkqw.png

Available destinations will be outlined in blue. Once transferred you'll receive confirmation:

kdm0Pen.png

@Angel-125 Thank you for your support but no way.

I removed all the mods except KIS and WildBlue folders and there is no options in VAB for "logistics module".

see image As you can see the Habitat has many options on context menu but the module hasn't.

My gamedata folder

I haven't  MOLE installed. Only Buffalo (version 2.2.7) and DSEV (version 2.4.1). 

1 hour ago, bice said:

@Angel-125 Thank you for your support but no way.

I removed all the mods except KIS and WildBlue folders and there is no options in VAB for "logistics module".

see image As you can see the Habitat has many options on context menu but the module hasn't.

My gamedata folder

I haven't  MOLE installed. Only Buffalo (version 2.2.7) and DSEV (version 2.4.1). 

What is in your WildBlueIndustries folder?

58 minutes ago, Kosmonaut said:

Oh my god that is beautiful...

How much Delta-V does it have?

Configured with nothing but propellant, about 3k. If configured to hold a Pathfinder base and set up to be two stages, about 800 in the descent stage and 1800 in the ascent stage. Definitely enough to land a small Pathfinder base and make it back to orbit when you’re done- if you leave the base and landing frame behind.

42 minutes ago, Nightside said:

So conical! 

It looks great!

Thanks! The shape follows that of the stock Mk1-2 rather than the Apollo or Orion, both of which are squatter. I tried making the command pod squatter but it just didn’t look right.

44 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not familiar with Landertron, how does that work?

It's a simple little mod: You attach a part with the controller (either a stand-alone box, or some specialty engines), and on your descent arm the controller.  It will automatically perform a 'suicide burn' just before impact to enable a gentle landing.  Horizontal speed is not taken into account, and you have to be pointed the right way on your own - all it does is fire the engines at the appropriate time.

(It does have a mode for planes as well - upon touchdown it'll fire to arrest forward velocity.)

I was thinking if you put the controller in the capsule, it could be armed from there and then the last step in your landing procedure can be automated.  It's fairly small, but a neat touch I think.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

It's a simple little mod: You attach a part with the controller (either a stand-alone box, or some specialty engines), and on your descent arm the controller.  It will automatically perform a 'suicide burn' just before impact to enable a gentle landing.  Horizontal speed is not taken into account, and you have to be pointed the right way on your own - all it does is fire the engines at the appropriate time.

(It does have a mode for planes as well - upon touchdown it'll fire to arrest forward velocity.)

I was thinking if you put the controller in the capsule, it could be armed from there and then the last step in your landing procedure can be automated.  It's fairly small, but a neat touch I think.

That's cool. I can look at Landertron and see if I can equip the command pod with what it needs.

Is this the correct forum for landertrons?

I don't see how the ladertron controller works. I see a bunch of engines that use it though. I'm just using the stock T-1 Dart aerospike for the Estonian (you can fit other engines too), but I don't see anything that says you add the part module to a command pod and it uses any engine...

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Is this the correct forum for landertrons?

I don't see how the ladertron controller works. I see a bunch of engines that use it though. I'm just using the stock T-1 Dart aerospike for the Estonian (you can fit other engines too), but I don't see anything that says you add the part module to a command pod and it uses any engine...

It should be the XT-L-KRAB "Landertron Box" which is included in the download.

I haven't actually used this mod though, although I will be. In fact, I just put together my own jury-rigged version with manually controlled downward pointing Separatrons to give a slightly overweight capsule a softer landing. I should have known that someone in the community would have already done a mod for it! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.