[1.3.1] Pood's OPM-VO (Outer Planets Mod - Visual Overhaul) [v0.3.5] [2017-09-23]

Poodmund

15 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Yes. All good, sorry :)

No worries, dude! :D I'm glad you sorted it out and hope you have fun exploring the outer worlds.

Let me know how you get on and give me suggestions, feedback and raise any issues that you may have.

We always like to see a screenshot or two as well if you have anything cool. :) 

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

No worries, dude! :D I'm glad you sorted it out and hope you have fun exploring the outer worlds.

Let me know how you get on and give me suggestions, feedback and raise any issues that you may have.

We always like to see a screenshot or two as well if you have anything cool. :) 

It'll be some time yet before I reach the outer planets in my career save, but I might remark that Tekto now reminds me of detergent :P

And you might want to update your OP too, @Poodmund, the download link for SVE points to v1.1.6.

Edited by voicey99

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have a question.

Is this mod designed for OPM + Realistic Atmospheres, wich is recommended for OPM? It reduces the height of Eve`s atmosphere to only 55km and raises Jools to 400km.

If not, wat do you think I should change to align Scatterer and EVE with this new heights?

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this necessary?

@Scatterer_config:AFTER[StockVisualEnhancements]:NEEDS[PoodsOPMVO]
{
	@integrateWithEVEClouds = False
}

With this, OPMVO is also "Stock Planets Visual Underhaul", which is a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Waz said:

Is this necessary?

@Scatterer_config:AFTER[StockVisualEnhancements]:NEEDS[PoodsOPMVO]
{
	@integrateWithEVEClouds = False
}

With this, OPMVO is also "Stock Planets Visual Underhaul", which is a bad thing.

Yeah it's necessary, as scatterer doesn't work with colored 2d cloud textures, which is needed for OPMs gas giants. Blackrack is working on a fix. I plan to disable EVE integration in SVE in the next update if scatterer hasn't been fixed by then. That should happen this weekend

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yeah it's necessary, as scatterer doesn't work with colored 2d cloud textures, which is needed for OPMs gas giants. Blackrack is working on a fix. I plan to disable EVE integration in SVE in the next update if scatterer hasn't been fixed by then. That should happen this weekend

I should read READMEs and Known Issues before asking questions.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Permission to use Textures for my own pack? You would be credited.

Why not stick your your plan and create your own? Like I said in another post you asked permission in, your pack is bordering on a mod pack already. Why not breathe a breath of fresh air into it and create something new?

Using others textures takes away from the uniqueness of each visual mod. Nobody wants to see the same textures in multiple mods. 

Also, @Poodmund is not one to give permission for the use of work in other mods and he licenses his mods all rights reserved to prevent such things from happening. He is on hiatus right now, but will be back soon and will likely say the same thing when he returns.

Edited by Galileo

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Why not stick your your plan and create your own? Like I said in another post you asked permission in, your pack is bordering on a mod pack already. Why not breathe a breath of fresh air into it and create something new?

Using others textures takes away from the uniqueness of each visual mod. Nobody wants to see the same textures in multiple mods. 

Also, @Poodmund is not one to give permission for the use of work in other mods and he licenses his mods all rights reserved to prevent such things from happening. He is on hiatus right now, but will be back soon and will likely say the same thing when he returns.

I have no clue, I have photoshop and can afford to get any software & Hardware needed, I just have no knowledge on how to, after a bit of Googling I found no tutorials.

• 1 month later...

May I ask if this mod works well with KSP 1.3? I note that all of the dependencies it uses, with the exception of scatterer, seem to have versions for 1.3, although not sure if this is a problem since SVE has moved to 1.3 too, despite requiring scatterer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm having trouble with Tekto's oceans, they don't render at all. And looking at the configs, I see:

OceanFX
                {
                    Watermain
                    {
                        waterTex-0 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water1
                        waterTex-1 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water2
                        waterTex-2 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water3
                        waterTex-3 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water4
                        waterTex-4 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water5
                        waterTex-5 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water6
                        waterTex-6 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water7
                        waterTex-7 = OPM_Textures/Ocean/sea-water8            
                    }

But in the OPM_Textures directory, the sea-water* files are in the root and the Ocean subdir doesn't exist. Should I be concerned?

I have scatterer, opm, poods opmvo and sve. All latest, freshly reinstalled. Are there any logs I could provide to help?

Edit: also kopernicus of course and module manager 2.8.1

Edit2: I managed to render the oceans by moving all scatterer configs from the opmvo directory to the scatterer directory and changing atmosphere and ocean settings to the new syntax. Also I merged the planetlists.cfg files together and removed all module manager syntax.

Edited by ioresult
patchy solution

18 hours ago, ioresult said:

Edit2: I managed to render the oceans by moving all scatterer configs from the opmvo directory to the scatterer directory and changing atmosphere and ocean settings to the new syntax. Also I merged the planetlists.cfg files together and removed all module manager syntax.

I dont really know if its ok to ask, but could you upload those files for the folks who dont know anything about modding the game?

Peace

TK

On 29/07/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tiankay said:

I dont really know if its ok to ask, but could you upload those files for the folks who dont know anything about modding the game?

Peace

TK

Well, until @Poodmund or @Galileo fix this, I think it's okay. Unzip this in your GameData\scatterer\config directory.

*** LINK REMOVED BECAUSE I FOUND A BETTER SOLUTION, KEEP SCROLLING, NOTHING TO SEE HERE ***

Also, delete the scatterer subdir from the GameData\PoodsOPMVO dir.

Of course, I'll remove it at the first request.

Edited by ioresult
removed link

1 hour ago, ioresult said:

Well, until @Poodmund or @Galileo fix this, I think it's okay. Unzip this in your GameData\scatterer\config directory.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6DEaYpYSrKAV0dEcVRoVFNpbkE/view?usp=sharing

Well Galileo has nothing to do seeing as he has no responsibilities with regards to this project. Also, seeing as you're restructuring the mod with these files I will implore to anyone who downloads and uses these.... when I get around to updating this to 1.3.*, you'll have to delete all these files otherwise this mod will not function correctly and may cause compatibility issues going forward. The above listed Scatterer files have not been written with modularity and Module Manager compatibility in mind.

@ioresult, by all means I give you permission to keep the link up as its helpful to those that want 1.3.* compatibility right now, however, when I release an update I would ask you to take it down at that time.

Edited by Poodmund

On 29/07/2017 at 9:35 PM, Poodmund said:

@ioresult, by all means I give you permission to keep the link up as its helpful to those that want 1.3.* compatibility right now, however, when I release an update I would ask you to take it down at that time.

Thanks. In the meanwhile, I may try to fix the module manager issues and replace the configs in their proper directory so I'll have a real solution to propose that you'll be able to include in your next update. It would be my peasure to help.

Edit: I was just so happy that I finally had proper Tekto oceans that I drove my rovers with my working configs without trying to rewrite them properly! I have a driveable rover and a submersible one with the bathymetry science module, so I really wanted proper scatterer rendering so I could experience underwater effects (or undermethane...).

Edited by ioresult

On 7/29/2017 at 7:38 PM, ioresult said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6DEaYpYSrKAV0dEcVRoVFNpbkE/view?usp=sharing

This won't work without SVE. When using this with AVP, I noticed it turned all non-OPM planet's atmospheres into snow, so I investigated the config files. Turned out all the OPM planet atmo.cfg files also specified atmospheres for the stock planet, linking to several SVE files. Manually removing the stock configs in all of the OPM atmo.cfg's fixed the white atmospheres.

Fixed version (delete GameData\PoodsOPMVO\scatterer, then drag the scatterer folder in the archive into GameData and allow it to overwrite. this should work with any visual pack or just with opm-vo and scatterer):  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnKfANsY3YvwNnl-ZV4JlDRyrw

See @ioresult's config below, it's better than mine.

Edited by N70

Well, it turned out it was really simple.

Here's a patch that you only need to drop into the KSP directory and let it oferwrite. It corrects bad syntax in atmosphere and ocean scatterer definitions in PoodsOPMVO directory. No need to navigate, the zip file is made to drop the files at the right place.

IMPORTANT: Refresh scatterer.

And I tested it with SVE, EVE, OPM (Galileo's version). Both Stock and OPM planets have beautiful atmospheres and oceans.

PoodsOPMVOScattererPatch.zip

@Poodmund you'll see it's very simple. Also, I may have played with Tekto's ocean settings a bit, but you'll see the important stuff that was changed.

6 hours ago, ioresult said:

Well, it turned out it was really simple.

Yeah it seems to me that'd work and be fine. It was really just a case of Scatterer's required config syntax changing recently. Could you edit your previous post to either include the new link or just remove that old download, please, as to avoid confusion?

Its a much better approach than N70's, above, as it enables modularity... it doesn't matter if any other mod wants to alter the original Scatterer planetslist.cfg or if the user messes around with their Scatterer install. Everything is applied through patches located in the OPMVO folder. :wink: 

Please note, there is a significant outstanding issue with Scatterer, more specifically its EVE integration feature, that causes coloured EVE layers to appear black when the EVE integration feature is enabled. Unfortunately OPM-VO uses coloured (tinted) EVE layers quite extensively and as such is at a bit of a stumbling block with regards to updating. I know that a few of the 'visual' modders are also in the same boat but the issue is known and we are patiently waiting for a solution. Please be patient and understand that when a solution is presented, OPM-VO will update to 1.3.* or whatever version the game is by then. :D 

Edited by Poodmund

• 4 weeks later...

So, for some reason having OPM-VO as well as Spectra installed breaks all the EVE clouds... @Avera9eJoe, @Poodmund, any idea what might be the problem? I don't see how they would interact...

Edit: Looks like it was because I had taken out SVE when I installed Spectra, and OPMVO was looking for some of the SVE cloud textures. And for some reason when they were missing it broke all the other clouds lol

Edited by Rodger

3 hours ago, Rodger said:

So, for some reason having OPM-VO as well as Spectra installed breaks all the EVE clouds... @Avera9eJoe, @Poodmund, any idea what might be the problem? I don't see how they would interact...

Edit: Looks like it was because I had taken out SVE when I installed Spectra, and OPMVO was looking for some of the SVE cloud textures. And for some reason when they were missing it broke all the other clouds lol

Ahhhh gotcha :) does it work with both?