Devnote Tuesday: 100,000 likes

SQUAD

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Small, medium, large, extra large.

Marketing gimmick! :) That A side...

9 hours ago, Merandix said:

In my opinion, the above needs a small addition: small steerable, medium steerable, large steerable (1A),

This is a very valid point.

1 hour ago, RocketPilot573 said:

Last I checked this update (Unity 5) will be 64 bit.

*IF* (and this is a significant "if") it turns out that Unity Inc have produced a stable 64-bit engine. So far things look good, but there's no guarantee. At least there is now a 64-bit IDE, so it is possible to debug 64-bit games natively unlike in Unity 4.x, which makes things easier.

1 minute ago, softweir said:

*IF* (and this is a significant "if") it turns out that Unity Inc have produced a stable 64-bit engine. So far things look good, but there's no guarantee. At least there is now a 64-bit IDE, so it is possible to debug 64-bit games natively unlike in Unity 4.x, which makes things easier.

Because 64 bit, while important and significant, has nothing to do with development. Other than making sure their stuff works in the new U5 framework and taking advantage of the relaxed memory restriction, Squad developers have nothing to do with the actual implementation of 64 bit.

EDIT: The forum decided to quote the entirely wrong post that I never clicked "quote" on. I actually quoted your other post where you asked why they don't talk about it at all. I'd fix it, but it's a huge pain since the changeover. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by 5thHorseman
No bbcode

1 hour ago, JonBar said:

I'm aware of that, yet they speak nothing of it.

The fact that they've nothing to report about 64 bit is actually some of the best news we could have. It means they're not having any problems with it.

When they WERE talking about it, it all had to do with things they were fixing.

I love the regular current small landing gears...  Looks like I'll be asking Necrobones to add it to the legacy pack with the cockpit/intakes/jet engines.

The part I am the most looking for is indeed the heatshield.  I've not played much 1.0.5 except for my Moho expedition, but I tried designing a heat-shield lander once and it was a nightmare as the lander would tilt 30 degrees sideways in the last 10sec thru the atmosphere and always destroy my science module.   With 10m instead of a couple unbalanced 2,5m  it should be a lot more feasible.

Obviously everything pales in comparison to 64-bits.

EDIT: how do you quote with the @ ?   I try but nothing ever happens.

Edited by Francois424

5 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

EDIT: how do you quote with the @ ?   I try but nothing ever happens.

Note, it's not a "quote" it's a tag. It's more like you're tapping the person on the shoulder to get their attention.

You type the @ and then some letters and a little dialog should automatically pop up with potential names. You can NOT do the logical thing and highlight someone's name, hit @, and then paste their name in.

Example, I've copied your name and pasted it after an @ here:

@Francois424 (FAIL!)

Here I'm typing it in...

@Francois424

When I got to "franco" it found you.

Edited by 5thHorseman

18 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

is QA also called Experimentals (ie: Manley and the other get a copy of it to show off ?   Or is that another thing ?

No. QA is where a handful of testers test while the game is being worked on, after that experimentals happens while the game is being refined, which includes at least 2 dozen testers. Then the media release (for folks like manley) get to play the game around the same time the update is released.

On 12/23/2015 at 8:32 AM, 322997am said:

But. But. But. They said they would start work on multiplayer:mad:.

I am sorry for being the terrible person that says this, but, seriously:

tMsBvaE.jpg

Give them time to do what they need to do.

Edited by Columbia

On 23-12-2015 at 8:43 PM, legoclone09 said:

@KasperVldCould you see if we can get a Mk1 Cargo bay? It would be so nice!

That's Porkjet's department :)

On 23-12-2015 at 10:27 PM, Redneck said:

so any word on when a new partTools will be released after 1.1 release?

I'll poke Mike about that

On 23-12-2015 at 11:43 PM, JonBar said:

I'm aware of that, yet they speak nothing of it.

We have stated many times already that if at all possible we'll release a 64 bit client for Windows and OSX. There are many factors to consider though, and most importantly it needs to be stable.

On 24-12-2015 at 8:44 PM, lukethecoder64 said:

No. QA is where a handful of testers test while the game is being worked on, after that experimentals happens while the game is being refined, which includes at least 2 dozen testers. Then the media release (for folks like manley) get to play the game around the same time the update is released.

The QA team includes at least a dozen testers, but due to the scope of the 1.1 update it's been expanded a bit for this update. The experimental test team is about 100 people big.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.