The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

9 hours ago, NeoMorph said:

You watch a KSP video and you notice something and you go to rotate the view... and are confused when the mouse doesn't do anything.

Worse yet, when you see its about to crash in the video, and you're frantically hitting QEWASD.

Edited by Grenartia

I once looked at a video of the Challenger explosion. Instead of thinking about what actually happened, I saw the two SRB trails in the sky and started thinking about how to fix that with struts.

I am a damn monster. I hate myself.

Edited by 073198681

I am currently messing up my planetary names, saying Jool, Duna, Eve, and Mun instead of their proper names. Each moment of a sci fi movie is like: STOP WASTING DELTA V YOURE SUPPOSED TO USE A GRAVITY TURN, and scolding little kids who think they are going to space in a 737.

Did I mention my reaction when I was the Atlas (I)V?

"Well, here's a rocket following the concept 'MOAR BOOSTERS'"

2 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I am currently messing up my planetary names, saying Jool, Duna, Eve, and Mun instead of their proper names. Each moment of a sci fi movie is like: STOP WASTING DELTA V YOURE SUPPOSED TO USE A GRAVITY TURN, and scolding little kids who think they are going to space in a 737.

Did I mention my reaction when I was the Atlas (I)V?

"Well, here's a rocket following the concept 'MOAR BOOSTERS'"

I know that second one well. I went to Space Camp when I was 10, and learned all of this amazing stuff about how the Space Shuttle works (this being 05, back when the thing was still flying), and from the first moment I saw Armaggeddon, I kept screaming to myself (because my parents taught me not to scream during movies) "THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS!". Part of me really wants to watch it again so I can blast it. Maybe turn it into a drinking game, now that I'm able.

16 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Oh I thought it was an over. Except every time the red light came on, on one of the 3 I had. All I got was a shiny coaster

That's a disk.  The mod is that you put one of those in, and it makes music noises in the little box.  It's supposed to calm the Kerbals.

When Steam says you have over 1500 hours of gameplay, and that's just the stock install and not the modded install that sits outside of Steam.

Also, when your wife issues the rule and verdict that you are, under no circumstances, allowed to kill Jeb, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

53 minutes ago, 073198681 said:

How old are the people on this forum, to be playing KSP?

45 here; and in full support of @Raven., my wife and daughter have made the same edict.

On 12/31/2015 at 9:21 AM, Geschosskopf said:

When you see this......

Adaptor Bottle

And your 1st thought is, "Who left an empty  2.5m-to-Mk3 adaptor on the stairs?"

And you notice the adapter has a mini docking port... :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.