[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

the download is back up

Thanks! I've got it running now, but i have a question: The settings.cfg file included in SSRSS.v2.0.4.zip\SSRSS\GameData\, is that to replace the settings.cfg in the Sigma folder?

This mod is awesome btw, thanks for all your hard work :)

14 minutes ago, SpiffleGaming said:

Thanks! I've got it running now, but i have a question: The settings.cfg file included in SSRSS.v2.0.4.zip\SSRSS\GameData\, is that to replace the settings.cfg in the Sigma folder?

This mod is awesome btw, thanks for all your hard work :)

Yes that setting cfg is used as opposed to the one in the Sigma folder 

9 minutes ago, SpiffleGaming said:

Great, thanks for the clarification - could add that clarification to the readme as well, someone else might miss it like i did :)

Well i just figured since it was in the gamedata,  that it went without saying.  I'll be sure to add something to the README if others have the same issue :P

15 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@styckx did you re-download in the last few hours?  I added a few small tweaks to fix a few things and I didn't change the versioning 

Yep. The screenshots are using the "hotfix" version with the 70km atmosphere height.. 

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Awesome glad to hear you haven't come across any bugs. 

One thing I did notice.. and I'm sorry I don't have a screenshot as it was in the middle of trying a Moon landing.

The green communication lines..  There seems to be a slight adjustment needed with the moons surface in relation to when it blocks signals. At one point the green lines were actually going from the craft orbiting the moon through part of the surface of the moon, out the other side and to earth.. 

Again super minor but it just came back to my mind now that I've closed the game and catching up. It wasn't like through the core of the moon. Just that marginal area a bit before the craft was actually back in line of site of earth

Edited by styckx

Yeah I noticed that too and I'm unsure why it's happening.  I assume it may have something to do with the fact that the bodies are scaled with Sigma but I'm probably wrong.  I haven't done any testing on that assumption yet

Edited by Galileo

So, last upload for a little while i swear...

I renamed the 0 inclination folder to Stock-Alike inclination to avoid confusion.

I also had to fix the sun.... just the aesthetics.. im kinda OCD

I got rid of the ugly halo around the sun.

Old Sun with ugly halo
U5m58GY.png

New Sun without ugly halo, more crisp and clean looking.
Oz0mgWB.png

Edited by Galileo

The low(er) orbit look is so much better than I remember it on 1.1.3.  I remember I used to purposely put stuff in higher orbits (1000km) so I wouldn't have to see the low quality of LEO (I use 8k and ultra textures)..  I'm actually enjoying staying lower now...

46hVK3N.jpg

z8XDnzU.jpg

Edited by styckx

10 minutes ago, styckx said:

The low(er) orbit look is so much better than I remember it on 1.1.3.  I remember I used to purposely put stuff in higher orbits (1000km) so I wouldn't have to see the low quality of LLO (I use 8k and ultra textures)..  I'm actually enjoying staying lower now...

I didn't work on this mod for a few months because i got distracted by my other endeavors, SVE and SVT and my new planet pack.. When the development for those slowed down, i was able to come and apply some of the things i learned and made to SSRSS.. Its still not perfect by any means but i hope to get it there in the future. 

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I didn't work on this mod for a few months because i got distracted by my other endeavors, SVE and SVT and my new planet pack.. When the development for those slowed down, i was able to come and apply some of the things i learned and made to SSRSS.. Its still not perfect by any means but i hope to get it there in the future.

I haven't played KSP and messed with this mod since about the time you walked away from this for a bit.. You know the KSP way of playing..  Binge like a junkie for two months straight.. Walk away from KSP for 3 months to recoupe.  lol 

7 minutes ago, styckx said:

I haven't played KSP and messed with this mod since about the time you walked away from this for a bit.. You know the KSP way of playing..  Binge like a junkie for two months straight.. Walk away from KSP for 3 months to recoupe.  lol 

Well, I haven't walked away since April and im still working on quite a bit of stuff. The only reason i walked away from this for so long was because, well, this isnt MY mod and i felt i had helped get it to a place that didn't really need my help anymore. Once i was given the opportunity to take over SVE I got excited about making the best visual mod available and then I made SVT and THEN i made my planet pack (which, if you haven't seen it i would definitely check it out here) which took a tremendous amount of time and effort. 

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

So, last upload for a little while i swear...

I renamed the 0 inclination folder to Stock-Alike inclination to avoid confusion.

I also had to fix the sun.... just the aesthetics.. im kinda OCD

I got rid of the ugly halo around the sun.

Old Sun with ugly halo

New Sun without ugly halo, more crisp and clean looking.

Thank you again! Was just discussing that halo in a FB group, went to update here and found it fixed. GJ :D

@Galileo and @sDaZe. In vanilla I have edited the terrain draw distance in the main KSP settings.cfg in the following way:

PLANET
        {
            name = Duna
            minDistance = 16
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }

I just doubled the minDistance from 8, where 8 is the "high texture" setting in the menu slider. This works quite well although extremely memory intensive. (Tried 32, but that maxed out my 16GB) However in SSRSS this tweak does not work since the planets' names differ. It would also seem that the untweaked SSRSS suffer from this and do not respect the game's draw distance setting. The higres "quadrants" do not render until they are directly beneath the vessel.

mTlkUEx.png

46 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

@Galileo and @sDaZe. In vanilla I have edited the terrain draw distance in the main KSP settings.cfg in the following way:

PLANET
        {
            name = Duna
            minDistance = 16
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }

I just doubled the minDistance from 8, where 8 is the "high texture" setting in the menu slider. This works quite well although extremely memory intensive. (Tried 32, but that maxed out my 16GB) However in SSRSS this tweak does not work since the planets' names differ. It would also seem that the untweaked SSRSS suffer from this and do not respect the game's draw distance setting. The higres "quadrants" do not render until they are directly beneath the vessel.

mTlkUEx.png

Have you tried renaming the planets inside the setting cfg? 

Every time I land on the moon..  Exit back to launch complex, or game.. Restart it.. Go to tracking station and load my craft on the moon it isn't on the ground anymore, and or explodes upon load..

23 minutes ago, styckx said:

Every time I land on the moon..  Exit back to launch complex, or game.. Restart it.. Go to tracking station and load my craft on the moon it isn't on the ground anymore, and or explodes upon load..

ill look into it

Just now, styckx said:

When you can..  Just reporting.. Not complaining.. :)  

I'm loading up now

4 minutes ago, styckx said:

When you can..  Just reporting.. Not complaining.. :)  

Ok I just landed a craft on the moon. Exited back to KSC and went into every building and loaded my craft without issue. 

I also quit the game and loaded the vessel and didn't have any explosions

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'm loading up now

Ok I just landed a craft on the moon. Exited back to KSC and went into every building and loaded my craft without issue. 

I also quit the game and loaded the vessel and didn't have any explosions

I recreated it for you.. :)  Stock vanilla craft with a mechjeb module attached.. That's it.. Nothing special. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpjjNQXBUQw