[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

11 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

In my "endeavors" to get the draw distance right, I totally forgot to complement on the new bold release. I have always said that the new release was stunning, but this time with the new textures things have really taken a turn for the better.
Btw @Galileo, did you get the chance to see the new "Mars" series that was premiered on NatGeo the other day? That literally brought a tear to to eye

I did not but I plan on catching it tonight

Is anyone else having issues with ScanSat in SSRSS?

When I'm at the suggested altitudes, I get the error message that I'm too high.  The altitudes seem to have been scaled down like the planets from RSS to SSRSS, without first being at RSS size.

The previous builds (prior to all the 1.2 updating) played nice together for me.

Sorry if this has been covered, it's late and multiple clean installs of everything hasn't fixed anything. All the config files I've looked at show the manufacturer's suggested altitudes, not the ones its seeing as "correct" in game.

Thanks for all the great work! SSRSS is what has kept me interested in KSP for so long!

25 minutes ago, chrisc16 said:

When I'm at the suggested altitudes, I get the error message that I'm too high.  The altitudes seem to have been scaled down like the planets from RSS to SSRSS, without first being at RSS size.

The previous builds (prior to all the 1.2 updating) played nice together for me.

Sorry if this has been covered, it's late and multiple clean installs of everything hasn't fixed anything. All the config files I've looked at show the manufacturer's suggested altitudes, not the ones its seeing as "correct" in game.

Thanks for all the great work! SSRSS is what has kept me interested in KSP for so long!

I'll have a look at it tomorrow

Edited by Galileo

18 hours ago, chrisc16 said:

delete the SCANsat.cfg out of the Compatibility found here SSRSS\GameData\SSRSS\Compatibility

that should fix the issue

2 hours ago, Ciko said:

Hi..I downloaded this mod..use medium SVE  setiings  and optional 2k textures . And now game looks like I`m play on low settings...

Is ksp default settings may affect mod visual part?

Yes your game settings effect everything.  Even mods

I always wanted to test and play RSS, but I was a bit demotivated by the need of huge rockets and longer burn times. Now, I can use this nice mod and play, for instance, with non equatorial launch base and have nice and realistic planet textures. Thank you guys!

On 11/15/2016 at 8:40 PM, Galileo said:

delete the SCANsat.cfg out of the Compatibility found here SSRSS\GameData\SSRSS\Compatibility

that should fix the issue

Well, no real luck.

ScanSat still wants to run WAY below stated elevations. Ex. Radar at 1-75 instead of 5-500 km.

The only difference is the RMB 'more info' pane now shows the elevation it will actually work at in game, as opposed to the manufacturer's settings.

13 hours ago, chrisc16 said:

Well, no real luck.

ScanSat still wants to run WAY below stated elevations. Ex. Radar at 1-75 instead of 5-500 km.

The only difference is the RMB 'more info' pane now shows the elevation it will actually work at in game, as opposed to the manufacturer's settings.

I work on it when I get some time

OH YEAH,  if any one is considering downloading this,  be sure to download Sigma 6.1 for now as I haven't updated the ground textures.  The latest Sigma scales those now as well and will make them look funny until I fix them. 

Edited by Galileo

On 11/17/2016 at 0:39 AM, chrisc16 said:

Well, no real luck.

GameData/Settings.cfg

Under advanced settings changing 'scanAltitude = 1' to 'scanAltitude = 10' has got me back to stock altitudes

5 minutes ago, Ciko said:

any plans about support KSCSwitcher and Real Solar System Expanded  in future?

RSS expanded works already. And ksc switcher does too as long as it's updated 

Edited by Galileo

18 hours ago, Galileo said:

And ksc switcher does too as long as it's updated 

I think that is the problem, it hasn't been updated in a long time. i tired using the old version or whatever is available, but the different launch sites do not show up.