[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

9 minutes ago, styckx said:

Weird, it is set to public... 

https://www.mediafire.com/?gocrhpii7h6jg4v

Just loaded up your save and i didnt have any jumping... i have no idea what could be happening... try deleting your Module Manager cache and then reload the game and your vessel

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Have you tried renaming the planets inside the setting cfg?

I have now edited the settings.cfg in KSP root folder (not to be confused with the bundeled settings.cfg in gamedata) to reflect the new names. Draw distance is now respecting the menu slider. 

PLANET
        {
            name = Duna Mars
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }

All planets (except gas giants) and moons need to be edited into the cfg. NOTE: the code above is the default "high" setting, I made an ultra setting by changing 8 to 16. Probably only for rigs with 16GB

3 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

I have now edited the settings.cfg in KSP root folder (not to be confused with the bundeled settings.cfg in gamedata) to reflect the new names. Draw distance is now respecting the menu slider. 

PLANET
        {
            name = Duna Mars
            minDistance = 8
            minSubdivision = 1
            maxSubdivision = 9
        }

All planets (except gas giants) and moons need to be edited into the cfg. NOTE: the code above is the default "high" setting, I made an ultra setting by changing 8 to 16. Probably only for rigs with 16GB

Now to figure out how to bundle that into the mod...  People will definitely overwrite stock settings and then blame ssrss when their stock game doesn't look right... 

21 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Just loaded up your save and i didnt have any jumping... i have no idea what could be happening... try deleting your Module Manager cache and then reload the game and your vessel

Hmph.. I'm narrowing it down but can't figure out where the problem is.. This is strange

I can stop the jumping if I reinstall Kopernicus.. (Copying over both folders in the zip and overwriting)

On the first load of the game.. No jumping..

Close game

Open game.. Jumping is back...

I've repeated this numerous times now.. It won't jump on the first load after reinstalling Kopernicus but will start jumping again if I exit the game and restart..

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Now to figure out how to bundle that into the mod...  People will definitely overwrite stock settings and then blame ssrss when their stock game doesn't look right...

Yes, my thoughts too. IDK if MM-patching would do the trick? Here my knowledge takes a plunge... :prograde:

3 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Yes, my thoughts too. IDK if MM-patching would do the trick? Here my knowledge takes a plunge... :prograde:

I don't believe MM can change anything outside of the gamedata folder 

8 minutes ago, styckx said:

Hmph.. I'm narrowing it down but can't figure out where the problem is.. This is strange

I can stop the jumping if I reinstall Kopernicus.. (Copying over both folders in the zip and overwriting)

Close game

I've repeated this numerous times now.. It won't jump on the first load after reinstalling Kopernicus but will start jumping again if I exit the game and restart..

This is strange... I just accidentally loaded your save up in my planet pack and went ahead and loaded the same lander which was now not on the moon but a different planet and still didn't get any jumping...  It seems no matter what I throw at it,  I can't make your ship jump

3 hours ago, styckx said:

Close game

What ground resolutions are you using?

EDIT: Oh, now I saw the video. This is a stock issue. You can TRY to fix it, in this case, lowering the springs of the landing legs. Less power they have, less they would jump when the physics jump in.

Edited by Nansuchao

5 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

What ground resolutions are you using?

EDIT: Oh, now I saw the video. This is a stock issue. You can TRY to fix it, in this case, lowering the springs of the landing legs. Less power they have, less they would jump when the physics jump in.

I wonder why I don't get that bug though.  I haven't had that happen since 1.2 dropped.  He linked his save file a few posts back.  maybe if others try it we can figure out why..  More brains to work on the problem

Edited by Galileo

Found the culprit.. RealPlume

Deleted RealPlume from the game.. Loaded, exited, and loaded the game 3x in a row.. No jumping when loading my lander. Soon as I restored RealPlume jumping occurred on the first load.. 

Edited by styckx

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

Found the culprit.. RealPlume

Deleted RealPlume from the game.. Loaded, exited, and loaded the game 3x in a row.. No jumping when loading my lander. Soon as I restored RealPlume jumping occurred on the first load.. 

Very glad to hear it wasn't ssrss. But also kind of sad because real plume is one of my favorites...  @Nhawks17 have any idea what's going on there? 

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Very glad to hear it wasn't ssrss. But also kind of sad because real plume is one of my favorites...  @Nhawks17 have any idea what's going on there? 

I see it's in his bug list actually..    lol.. The Kerbal way.. Try first.. Read later.. 

Loading a vessel will sometimes cause the ship to move and crash

Edited by styckx

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Issue with SmokeScreen and the way the layers are being applied with the plumes. Something in 1.2 changed to where the mach effects now show on the layer that the plumes were so it's a little messed up. I believe @sarbian has a fix in mind, just gotta wait for the fix! (I think that's what the issue was at least)

Edit:

Oh wait that issue, yeah I don't know... I'm guessing SmokeScreen as well? I haven't really had the time to look into that issue.

Edited by Nhawks17

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Issue with SmokeScreen and the way the layers are being applied with the plumes. Something in 1.2 changed to where the mach effects now show on the layer that the plumes were so it's a little messed up. I believe @sarbian has a fix in mind, just gotta wait for the fix! (I think that's what the issue was at least)

I would  have never guessed it was realplume or smokescreen causing the issue.. Well sorry for tagging you in something that was so clearly stated in your OP

It's easy to get lost in mods..  I feel dumb for bringing up something stated in a mod OP but, hey.. At least I did the process of elimination and narrowed it down to a specific mod. lol..  

10 minutes ago, styckx said:

It's easy to get lost in mods..  I feel dumb for bringing up something stated in a mod OP but, hey.. At least I did the process of elimination and narrowed it down to a specific mod. lol..  

I always miss the OP and known issues of almost every mod I use lol it takes me coming across the bug to finally go look for known issues on OPs. So it's not just you..  That's why I try not to get snipey with people who ask me about issues that I stated in my OP. I'm just as guilty of it as everyone else :P

In my "endeavors" to get the draw distance right, I totally forgot to complement on the new bold release. I have always said that the new release was stunning, but this time with the new textures things have really taken a turn for the better.
Btw @Galileo, did you get the chance to see the new "Mars" series that was premiered on NatGeo the other day? That literally brought a tear to to eye