[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

35 minutes ago, Galileo said:

unfortunately it looks the same 

strangely it seems to look better as increase it to 10 but still not right.. ill keep playing with it

Could you send me your cfgs, the outputlog.txt and the mm cache?

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

@Galileo the syntax for planet specific changes has changed, it has been for a while now but it was always a pre-release.

now it's much easier than before, you can look at the README for an example, or ask me if you still have troubles

also, if this is for a mod, don't create another SigmaDimensions node, edit the one I create with my mod, that's a much better way to go.

just edit it using

@SigmaDimensions

instead of using just

SigmaDimensions (without the @)

and you will need to edit the values using either @ or % since they already exist in my cfg

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Earth, but thats as far as i have gone lol

Spoiler

ok I see an issue in the mm cache

I can't say why this issue is there, I will have to take some time to debug.

in the meantime, try adding this to gamedata:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Atmosphere
		{
			@AtmosphereFromGround
			{
				@transformScale[0] += 1
				@transformScale[1] += 1
				@transformScale[2] += 1
			}
		}
	}
}

let me know if this solves your issue. If it does at least I can be sure I've pinpointed the issue correctly

@Galileo you done goofed

Sigma Dimensions v0.6.0

updated to the new KSP and Kopernicus,

Big overhaul patch, the mod is now ready for a proper v1.0 Release

I will leave it here in the development forums for a bit, so that you guys have time to test it.

Let me know if you find any bugs!

BEWARE: 

This mod requires the latest version of ModuleManager (2.7.3) get it here.

:D

that should solve your issue, I hope

Edited by Sigma88

15 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ok I see an issue in the mm cache

I can't say why this issue is there, I will have to take some time to debug.

in the meantime, try adding this to gamedata:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Atmosphere
		{
			@AtmosphereFromGround
			{
				@transformScale[0] += 1
				@transformScale[1] += 1
				@transformScale[2] += 1
			}
		}
	}
}

let me know if this solves your issue. If it does at least I can be sure I've pinpointed the issue correctly

@Galileo you done goofed

:D

that should solve your issue, I hope

UGH... lol

i need push notifications for mod updates

Edit: unfortunately i still get the same effect

@Sigma88

here you go. I didnt include your earlier fix

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c12bw728cjunjv0/Sigma.zip?dl=0

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

UGH... lol

i need push notifications for mod updates

Edit: unfortunately i still get the same effect

@Sigma88

here you go. I didnt include your earlier fix

ok, try my cfg from before

if that solves it at least I know where to look

right now I have no idea what could be causing that, but I can't look at the code of my mod right now

Hey guys, I really look forward to play with this awesome mods, thanks both of you and the other involved of course !

Any idea about when an officiel update is planned ? Is it about days or weeks ? :)

Thanks again ! No rush, just to get the information ^^

4 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

ok, try my cfg from before

if that solves it at least I know where to look

right now I have no idea what could be causing that, but I can't look at the code of my mod right now

with the cfg it looks like this
nXdI4Op.png

Here are the files including the Earth cfg

11 minutes ago, Dakitess said:

Hey guys, I really look forward to play with this awesome mods, thanks both of you and the other involved of course !

Any idea about when an officiel update is planned ? Is it about days or weeks ? :)

Thanks again ! No rush, just to get the information ^^

i hoped to get an update out today, however i have run into a few little issues. I cant give an exact time table for an update at the moment

@Galileo ok, I think I see where the issue is.

could you try replacing

GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/atmoScale.cfg

with this file?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aldr4nk1xp4o5dy/atmoScale.cfg?dl=1

I'm still not sure this will work 100% ok, but it's a start

Edit:

I tested the fix myself and it would seem the issue was solved

(I used a simplified earth cfg and everything was fine after rescaling)

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

@Galileo ok, I think I see where the issue is.

could you try replacing

GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/atmoScale.cfg

with this file?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aldr4nk1xp4o5dy/atmoScale.cfg?dl=1

I'm still not sure this will work 100% ok, but it's a start

Edit:

I tested the fix myself and it would seem the issue was solved

(I used a simplified earth cfg and everything was fine after rescaling)

So you used a simpler version of an earth cfg and not the RSS one?

30 minutes ago, Galileo said:

So you used a simpler version of an earth cfg and not the RSS one?

I kept only radius and AtmosphereFromGround :D

edit: does this mean you are still having the issue?

Edited by Sigma88

6 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I kept only radius and AtmosphereFromGround :D

edit: does this mean you are still having the issue?

No I had somethings I had to get done today before I could mess with it again. I know our timezone difference makes for difficulty in communicating so I just wanted to get clarification 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

No I had somethings I had to get done today before I could mess with it again. I know our timezone difference makes for difficulty in communicating so I just wanted to get clarification 

ok, so I tried using RSS and the result is less good. I guess there is something in RSS interfering with the atmosphere, not sure tho

you can get a good result by setting atmovisualeffect to 0.1

I haven't tried yet but I would suspect that the fact you start from a big planet and 0.1x brings you down to a "normal" size has something to do with it

I'll try to bake it into SD and see what happen

Edited by Sigma88

I have just a basic question about this mod. I am a longtime Minecraft player so forgive me as I use terminology that I am familiar with to ask my question. Minecraft uses the word "vanilla" to mean "unchanged from design of the developers of the original purchased product". I love vanilla KSP. I love the vanilla sizes of the planets as well as the distances between them. After spending quite a bit of time reading the KSP forums I have come to believe that the word "stock" is used here to mean the same thing that "vanilla" does on the Minecraft forum. Another concept many Minecrafters are familiar with is "skin". In Minecraft lingo, changing the "skin" of something simply changes the surface appearance of that thing and changes nothing else. I am looking for a KSP mod that retains all of the "vanilla" or "stock" KSP shapes, sizes, and distances but simply changes the "skin" of the Kerbol System planets so that the skin of those planets look like the planets in our real world solar system, Earth, Jupiter, and so on. I'd love to see KSC in Florida but I don't want to change the dimensions of Kerbin nor the distance between Kerbin and any other celestial body.

Is Stock Size Real Solar System the mod I am looking for? If so, I will wait happily for a 1.2 version of this mod to emerge, and I thank you so much for investing your time to code it.

8 minutes ago, Six6igma said:

I have just a basic question about this mod. I am a longtime Minecraft player so forgive me as I use terminology that I am familiar with to ask my question. Minecraft uses the word "vanilla" to mean "unchanged from design of the developers of the original purchased product". I love vanilla KSP. I love the vanilla sizes of the planets as well as the distances between them. After spending quite a bit of time reading the KSP forums I have come to believe that the word "stock" is used here to mean the same thing that "vanilla" does on the Minecraft forum. Another concept many Minecrafters are familiar with is "skin". In Minecraft lingo, changing the "skin" of something simply changes the surface appearance of that thing and changes nothing else. I am looking for a KSP mod that retains all of the "vanilla" or "stock" KSP shapes, sizes, and distances but simply changes the "skin" of the Kerbol System planets so that the skin of those planets look like the planets in our real world solar system, Earth, Jupiter, and so on. I'd love to see KSC in Florida but I don't want to change the dimensions of Kerbin nor the distance between Kerbin and any other celestial body.

Is Stock Size Real Solar System the mod I am looking for? If so, I will wait happily for a 1.2 version of this mod to emerge, and I thank you so much for investing your time to code it.

I guess this is close enough. it reproduces the real solar system but on a scale comparable to KSP

so earth is ~ 600 km radius (instead of real life earth which is roughly 10x)

but it won't keep the same layout as stock ksp (it's a rescaled version of the real solar system rather than a ksp system with different planets on the same orbits)

1 hour ago, Six6igma said:

SSRSS [Stock Sized Real Solar Sytem] takes RSS [Real Solar System] (which replaces the game solar system with Eve, Kerbin, Duna, and others with a real scale model of the solar system) and scales the size back to that of the stock game (10x smaller) to make it easier/compatible with stock rockets. As a result you have Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and so on but at 1/10th (stock size) scale. If you were looking to have Duna, Eve, and whatnot but Kerbin with an Earth texture this mod isn't the one you are looking for (though in my opinion is much more fun than stock anyways).

1 hour ago, zamadatix said:

SSRSS [Stock Sized Real Solar Sytem] takes RSS [Real Solar System] (which replaces the game solar system with Eve, Kerbin, Duna, and others with a real scale model of the solar system) and scales the size back to that of the stock game (10x smaller) to make it easier/compatible with stock rockets. As a result you have Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and so on but at 1/10th (stock size) scale. If you were looking to have Duna, Eve, and whatnot but Kerbin with an Earth texture this mod isn't the one you are looking for (though in my opinion is much more fun than stock anyways).

Dont forget you can choose between RSS Orbit inclinations and stock inclinations. So basically you can choose between RSS Orbit lines and Stock orbit lines.. 

I'm looking forward to trying this mod when it updates to 1.2. Reading through this thread has taught me some things to help express what I am looking for. Textures. The version of KSP I want to play is the version as produced and developed by Squad, but I just want to change only its textures in order to make the planets and moons of the Kerbal System look like the planets and moons of our real world Solar System. I don't want to change any of the underlying math (any more than necessary to apply new textures). Stock Size Real Solar System sounds like just the mod I am looking for. I am so happy this mod exists.

I'll be honest here

I am coming here every day to read on your progress on getting the mod to 1,2,1 It is amazing mod that really gives me what I thought KSP would be in the first place :D 

Thank you for giving us this great mod and take your time to upgrade it, It is amazing fun!