[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

Release 6.0

Alright. Finished the cheesy cover photo at last. Here comes one of the most feature heavy update of all. It's also the start of the modern age releases. Contains Turboprops and Helicopter parts for now. Here is the formal changelog which can be seen from the OP:

------------

Latest Changelog:

Added KP-12 "Bear" Kontraprop Engine based on Tu-95

Added KT6A "Kitty" Turboprop Engine based on TBM 900, contains a pusher variant*

Added RR K250 "Maverick" Turboshaft Engine** based on Bell 206, as well as its tail rotor, RR K250-S Control Rotor

Added K73 "Beluga" Turboshaft Engine based on Sikorsky S-64, as well as its tail rotor, K73-S Control Rotor

*still needs the thrust to be reversed

**meshswitch capable to remove engines

-

Added Mk1 Viewer's Cockpit based on Bell 206

Added MK1/0 Caged Inline Cockpit based on A6M "Zero"

Added Anti-Roll Landing Skids

-

Included Part Deleter's Guide in the zip for those who want to delete specific parts

-

Fixed bad sound loops and bad sounds over all

Fixed config complaints about errors and issues (ignitionthreshold, texture on meshswitching)

-

All engines will now have a small startup time before shooting off the runway

------------

No more missing textures for K1710, and ignitionthreshold error ( Thanks to @BureauJaeger). There is a problem which the KP-12 is rotated as default. Just rotate it when using it for now. I'll fix it next release. 

The same old mega album for new updates is updated - http://imgur.com/a/6kDLM

VM9uEKp.png

It took quite a while before release because I added an extra feature. I wanted the cockpits to be as fully functional as stock ones so here you go, the reason why:

8jus8Vz.pngl9Kpgpl.png

Compared to stock cockpit light (It's just lower resolution because I wanted to optimize the textures, it wasn't that necessary):

Spoiler

U1C18Xp.png

Enjoy! :) 

On 22/5/2016 at 5:31 AM, ZentroCatson said:

Nice pack! I'm a sucker for prop engines and WW2 era planes, so thanks for making these! Now I finally can recreate the P-38, my favorite WW2 era plane. Can I suggest some parts for this pack? 

Firstly, a Razorback cockpit addition that would turn the mk1 inline cockpit from a bubble top canopy into a razorback like this:

VK1Nphy.jpg?1

Secondly, a 1.25m air intake similar to the one on the MiG-21 Fishbed.

That's all I really need for now, keep going with this beautiful work :D

add the f 190 engine and cokpit

10 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 6.0

Alright. Finished the cheesy cover photo at last. Here comes one of the most feature heavy update of all. It's also the start of the modern age releases. Contains Turboprops and Helicopter parts for now. Here is the formal changelog which can be seen from the OP:

------------

Latest Changelog:

Added KP-12 "Bear" Kontraprop Engine based on Tu-95

Added KT6A "Kitty" Turboprop Engine based on TBM 900, contains a pusher variant*

Added RR K250 "Maverick" Turboshaft Engine** based on Bell 206, as well as its tail rotor, RR K250-S Control Rotor

Added K73 "Beluga" Turboshaft Engine based on Sikorsky S-64, as well as its tail rotor, K73-S Control Rotor

*still needs the thrust to be reversed

**meshswitch capable to remove engines

-

Added Mk1 Viewer's Cockpit based on Bell 206

Added MK1/0 Caged Inline Cockpit based on A6M "Zero"

Added Anti-Roll Landing Skids

-

Included Part Deleter's Guide in the zip for those who want to delete specific parts

-

Fixed bad sound loops and bad sounds over all

Fixed config complaints about errors and issues (ignitionthreshold, texture on meshswitching)

-

All engines will now have a small startup time before shooting off the runway

------------

No more missing textures for K1710, and ignitionthreshold error ( Thanks to @BureauJaeger). There is a problem which the KP-12 is rotated as default. Just rotate it when using it for now. I'll fix it next release. 

The same old mega album for new updates is updated - http://imgur.com/a/6kDLM

VM9uEKp.png

It took quite a while before release because I added an extra feature. I wanted the cockpits to be as fully functional as stock ones so here you go, the reason why:

8jus8Vz.pngl9Kpgpl.png

Compared to stock cockpit light (It's just lower resolution because I wanted to optimize the textures, it wasn't that necessary):

Hide contents

U1C18Xp.png

Enjoy! :) 

Daaaaayum! (love i wish that only right side audio wasnt a thing ;-;)

21 minutes ago, Deizelpunk said:

Why do you have to use firespitter anyways?

For the Prop blurs, Propeller Animation, non-smoke engines, ect.

Without Firespitter, this would look a bit weird (I didn't know how to say it so I just said weird)

Also, please edit your post and remove the quoted OP, it's taking up space. Thank you.

@Deizelpunk 

Yes, all what they said was correct. The features borrowed from firespitter are as follows:

Blurring of the propellers when it's spinning fast enough
Spinning of the propellers and the controls on how it goes together with blur
Thrust reversal of prop engines
Mesh Switching so you can have multiple engines in one part
Bladed engines for the engines with RPM such as helicopter engines
Tail Rotor functions maintaining aircraft stability
If FSengineHandCrank still works, you can activate engines while outside even if your class sin't engineer
In some cases, alternator modules

and lastly, coordination of sounds.

It's not just gonna be poopy, it's going to be a snafu of sounds at the beginning.
The engines will just be trying to kick in silently when all of a sudden the idle sounds of propellers will already be playing loudly. All while there's still a sound of an engine starting up and your aircraft is still slow enough but there's sound of engines firing already.

Edit: I'll take this time to say that Snjo was very awesome because he made firespitter. Look at all those borrowed modules. Unfortunately it's just being maintained by RoverDude now so no more Snjo.

Edited by blackheart612

12 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

The features borrowed from firespitter are as follows:

Blurring of the propellers when it's spinning fast enough
Spinning of the propellers and the controls on how it goes together with blur
Thrust reversal of prop engines
Mesh Switching so you can have multiple engines in one part
Bladed engines for the engines with RPM such as helicopter engines
Tail Rotor functions maintaining aircraft stability
If FSengineHandCrank still works, you can activate engines while outside even if your class sin't engineer
In some cases, alternator modules

and lastly, coordination of sounds.

Edit: I'll take this time to say that Snjo was very awesome because he made firespitter. Look at all those borrowed modules. Unfortunately it's just being maintained by RoverDude now so no more Snjo.

Yeah... The Firespitter plugin is one of those, thats ALMOST as important as ModuleManager... lol
So, just wondering if ALL or which of those functions llisted, are included/supported in Interstellar Fuel Switch... Which, I believe is built on the FS modules...??
While theres practically zero documentation for IFS, at least its being actively developed and maintained, IIRC, and not on life support like FS basically is...??

Plus, having the option of having EITHER FS or IFS installed might be nice, IF, IFS truly does EVERYTHING, FS does...

44 minutes ago, TedwinKnockman66 said:

I have one question can you add Mi-8 engines?

mil_mi8_hip.jpg

I don't really know if we need them at this point because they kinda look like the big rotor that was added in the last update altough a coaxial rotor like in the KA-50\KA-52 would be cool:D

@Stone Blue As far as I remember IFS only has Fuel and Mesh Switch features that's like Firespitter? But everything else I believe is only Firespitter exclusive features. I don't think FS will be let go soon enough. A hero will always come by to patch it because it's in github :D 

@TedwinKnockman66 @NeoFatalis It's not far from possible. My plan is to add at least one of every different rotor number. I mean the Beluga has 6 blades now. The Maverick has 2 blades now. I plan to release (and I'm working on it atm) next is Chinook Rotor (3 blades) and Black Hawk rotors (4 blades). Which means release 8 might contain Mi-8 (5 blades) then since I make exceptions for unique engines, Ka-50 might be its partner for the distinct Coaxial Rotors.

Also, thank you for the good feedback, if you guys encounter issues that are not on the very short issues list on OP, please let me know.

Meanwhile of course there are turboprops coming with it. Here's one I'm currently working on. The engine of Predator (B) Drone. Better known as the Reaper. It's the only Pusher by default engine but of course it has a tractor config as well (Bronco). This is subject to change, just a quick model and import.

Qm0yblV.png

MPYUiRD.png

Now I miss Adjustable Landing Gear...

Edited by blackheart612

2 hours ago, Deizelpunk said:

Damn, so I assume roverdude is working on the audio thing? Because hes maintaining firespitter now?

I think a better place to talk about audio in firespitter so we don't start a flaming war for just audio.

Also, if the audio really bugs you then take off your headphones.