blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Manul said:

Why it shouldn't?

Well the thread is closed, there are several incompatibility messages, and I don't know if you noticed, but there is, literally, an old man with a pitchfork waving his fist in the air saying "get off my lawn you damn kids!"

Joking aside, the thread is very disencouraging, how were we supposed to know it "unbroke" after 1.8?! I sure am glad I ran into your post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

 if you noticed, but there is, literally, an old man with a pitchfork waving his fist in the air saying "get off my lawn you damn kids!"

I know, there are reasons why this mod will not be updated, but it's mostly a huge set of parts and parts-only mods are not easy to brake. There are some DLLs that support custom behavior of parts like hoverskirts and APUs and they still work. Of course, there are some issues like DXT3 textures and broken Paintshop but it does not cause any trouble. Missing or excessive brackets in part configs do cause trouble (it took me hours to find the reason why I have 5 resource definitions of Electric Charge instead of 1), but i don't think that any version of KSP supports syntax errors so it's not incompatibility :) Unfortunately there is no way to fix this with MM patch I could share, it requires manually adding and removing brackets in parts cfgs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manul said:

I know, there are reasons why this mod will not be updated, but it's mostly a huge set of parts and parts-only mods are not easy to brake. There are some DLLs that support custom behavior of parts like hoverskirts and APUs and they still work. Of course, there are some issues like DXT3 textures and broken Paintshop but it does not cause any trouble. Missing or excessive brackets in part configs do cause trouble (it took me hours to find the reason why I have 5 resource definitions of Electric Charge instead of 1), but i don't think that any version of KSP supports syntax errors so it's not incompatibility :) Unfortunately there is no way to fix this with MM patch I could share, it requires manually adding and removing brackets in parts cfgs.

Well anyway thanks for the heads up. I will install it and see what parts can be salvaged and which cant.That is what janitor's closet is there for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

I will install it and see what parts can be salvaged and which cant.

IIRC some of miniSub parts have excessive brackets that close PART { } before it actually ends and turn RESOURCE module of this part into  RESOURCE definition. The same with something in SonarGear folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please make a config file for use with raster prop monitor? That would be very kind off you.

Keep up the good work!!! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely love your mod, cant KSP without it. Im running into a conflict issue though between Airplane+ and DangIt Cont. It seems that when both are installed on post 1.8 builds, the game hangs on initialisation on the "bigwing" part. Have you encountered this before? I imagine other parts may hang as well if it could get past this particular one. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 2:46 AM, Techgamer68 said:

Can you please make a config file for use with raster prop monitor? That would be very kind off you.

Keep up the good work!!! ;)

I've never done the patches as they were made here by the users.

Also, I'd like to inform people that I don't know when I'll exactly come back to actively developing since I said before that I'm focused on 2D commissions, I've done both before but since my income is from 2D art I naturally focus there compared to here. Though I actually keep playing KSP so this mod will always be kept up to date constantly.

18 hours ago, SirLanceQuiteABit said:

Absolutely love your mod, cant KSP without it. Im running into a conflict issue though between Airplane+ and DangIt Cont. It seems that when both are installed on post 1.8 builds, the game hangs on initialisation on the "bigwing" part. Have you encountered this before? I imagine other parts may hang as well if it could get past this particular one. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

If these are your only two mods, then it might be a conflict, which has never been reported before. But hangs like this could be caused by an entirely different mod. Sometimes removing Airplane Plus for example, would cause it to just hang on another part til the mod in question is removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for some reason when i download this mod, the only parts i get are the mk3 cargo cockpit and the propellors. does anyone know how to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 11:24 AM, dud said:

for some reason when i download this mod, the only parts i get are the mk3 cargo cockpit and the propellors. does anyone know how to fix this?

Very likely that you installed it incorrectly, the AirplanePlus folder must be inside GameData, and GameData must be in the same folder as where the exe of KSP is. Kindly check again and see if that fixes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my helicopters roll uncontrollably as soon as I throttle up. I've tried lowering the RPM to the point where I barely have a TWR high enough to take off (and immediately crash) and the tail rotor is on the left side. I don't know what the hell to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello,

i am still encountering the landing gear problems, they are really frustrating,

is there a way to fix them?

i am tired of my plane jeering off course or not being stable

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have been having issues in 1.9.1 with all the parts not appearing all at once, I have been trying to get all of this to work, but certain crew parts are not appearing, the mk3 piece with the opening front is appearing, but everything else is not, such as the other cockpits and stairs and other crew pieces, the engines are also appearing just fine, but I have been itching to mess about with all of the parts for a while now, any fixes coming up for these missing bits and pieces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Travelbysakura said:

Hello, I have been having issues in 1.9.1 with all the parts not appearing all at once, I have been trying to get all of this to work, but certain crew parts are not appearing, the mk3 piece with the opening front is appearing, but everything else is not, such as the other cockpits and stairs and other crew pieces, the engines are also appearing just fine, but I have been itching to mess about with all of the parts for a while now, any fixes coming up for these missing bits and pieces?

are you sure you installed it correctly? try reinstalling it, and it's dependencies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, moguy16 said:

are you sure you installed it correctly? try reinstalling it, and it's dependencies 

I have all of the dependencies and everything installed proper, although I won't be able to back to my main computer for a bit (a day at least, I could provide a screenshot of my gamedata list when I get back)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ARTOBAN said:

Tweakscale dont work

i believe you need all tweak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a tutorial or something on building a heli using this mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, moguy16 said:

i believe you need all tweak

Tweakscale has been in flux a bit lately due to changes in the game conflicting with the mod. You should check in on the Tweakscale thread for updates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 7:46 AM, ARTOBAN said:

Tweakscale dont work

Well, TweakScale works. :)

But it lacks support for the AirPlane Plus. Someone need to write these patches. How many people are willing to have TweakScale support for Airplane Plus? It people enough ask for it (or, better, someone provide me with the patches!! :) ), it will be added using a Companion.

 

On 4/29/2020 at 5:10 PM, moguy16 said:

i believe you need all tweak

It's a way out. This patch works most of the time, but with "one Scaling to scale them all" way (and on the darkness of the physics engine, crash them - heheh, not true, sorry! Could not resist the joke! :sticktongue:). Sometimes, a hand coded patch ends up doing the work slightly better.

 

4 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

Tweakscale has been in flux a bit lately due to changes in the game conflicting with the mod. You should check in on the Tweakscale thread for updates.

True, but only on parts with variants (due something happening on 1.9.x's VAB/SPH Editor messing up the surface attachments). Airplane Plus doesn't have any of these last time I checked, so it would no be a (known, at least) issue for TweakScale.

By installing KSP-Recall, you get rid of the problem related to Resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small FYI: in GameData\AirplanePlus\Spaces\zerointerior\internal.cfg, there's a missing closing curly brace at the end of the internal config. May or may not matter, just in case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, moguy16 said:

i am an encountering an issue where a plane with stationary biplane gear will start to drift around upon coming out of time warp, and if i try to counter it stuff get funky,
i tried reapplying the gear to make sure it wasn't a rotation thing and it was still there,

i tried building an entirely new aircraft, still drifts

i had a friend try and change the configs for me, still drifts

however the gear works okayish when not timewarping, 

the only thing that fixed this was switching the gear entirely 

here is an image of the plane (sorry for the over qualification it's the only one i could find)

I actually have some patches for some Airplane Plus wheels to convert them to KSPWheel if those would be of interest to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

I actually have some patches for some Airplane Plus wheels to convert them to KSPWheel if those would be of interest to anyone.

That would be interesting. Even if default values may not work perfectly in certain situations, KSPWheel offer much more customization over stock wheels to make them work properly on craft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 7:28 AM, kcs123 said:

That would be interesting. Even if default values may not work perfectly in certain situations, KSPWheel offer much more customization over stock wheels to make them work properly on craft.

Personally I find stock wheels to be complete unusable garbage. If they're not skating around like they have less traction than a drunk duck on an ice rink they'll hit a non-existent pot hole at 2m/s and launch a fifty ton aircraft five hundred metres in the air for literally no reason. I play on a heavily modded game with a 10x rescale so maybe stock wheels just can't handle that, but either way KSPWheels work fine. So I have patches for every landing gear I use to convert them.

These are the configs for Airplane Plus. It's not all the landing gear, just ones I've need so far, if I configure anymore I'll try to remember to update them. Copy paste them into a text file with the .cfg extension somewhere in gamedata:

 //KS-H1 Fixed Landing Gear
@PART[biplanegear]:FOR[ZZZ-MoS-Tweaks]:NEEDS[KSPWheel]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBrakes]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDamage]{}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBase
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelColliderOffset = 0.065 //0.00625
		wheelRadius = 0.45
		wheelMass = 0.035
		suspensionTravel = 0.01 //0.09
		maxLoadRating = 5
		maxSpeed = 300
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelRotation
		wheelMeshName = wheel
		rotationAxis = 1,0,0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelSuspension
		suspensionName = suspension
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		suspensionOffset = -0.1
		suspensionAxis = 0, 1, 0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBrakes
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		maxBrakeTorque = 2
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDamage
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelName = wheel
		bustedWheelName = bustedwheel
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDustEffects
	}
}

 //KS-V1 Fixed Landing Gear
@PART[blackhawkgear]:FOR[ZZZ-MoS-Tweaks]:NEEDS[KSPWheel]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBrakes]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDamage]{}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBase
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelColliderOffset = 0.065
		wheelRadius = 0.35
		wheelMass = 0.018
		suspensionTravel = 0.05
		maxLoadRating = 10
		maxSpeed = 300
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelRotation
		wheelMeshName = wheel
		rotationAxis = 1,0,0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelSuspension
		suspensionName = suspension
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		suspensionOffset = -0.1
		suspensionAxis = 0, 1, 0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBrakes
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		maxBrakeTorque = 2
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDamage
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelName = wheel
		bustedWheelName = bustedwheel
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDustEffects
	}
}

 //KS-X1 Assymetric Landing Gear
@PART[x1sidegear]:FOR[ZZZ-MoS-Tweaks]:NEEDS[KSPWheel]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBrakes]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDamage]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDeployment] {}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBase
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelColliderOffset = 0.065
		wheelRadius = 0.26
		wheelMass = 0.014
		suspensionTravel = 0.05
		maxLoadRating = 10
		maxSpeed = 300
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelRotation
		wheelMeshName = wheel
		rotationAxis = 1,0,0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelSuspension
		suspensionName = suspension
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		suspensionOffset = 0
		suspensionAxis = 0, 1, 0
	}	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBrakes
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		maxBrakeTorque = 2
	}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDeployment
		animationName = x1sidegear
				
		retractEffect = retract
		retractedEffect = retracted
		deployEffect = deploy
		deployedEffect = deployed
	}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDamage
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelName = wheel
		bustedWheelName = bustedwheel
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDustEffects
	}
}

 //KS-X1 Steerable Landing Gear
@PART[x1gear]:FOR[ZZZ-MoS-Tweaks]:NEEDS[KSPWheel]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBrakes]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDamage]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDeployment] {}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBase
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelColliderOffset = 0.065
		wheelRadius = 0.24
		wheelMass = 0.012
		suspensionTravel = 0.1
		maxLoadRating = 10
		maxSpeed = 300
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelRotation
		wheelMeshName = wheel
		rotationAxis = 1,0,0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelSuspension
		suspensionName = suspension
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		suspensionOffset = 0
		suspensionAxis = 0, 1, 0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDeployment
		animationName = x1geardeploy
			
		retractEffect = retract
		retractedEffect = retracted
		deployEffect = deploy
		deployedEffect = deployed
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBrakes
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		maxBrakeTorque = 6
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDamage
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelName = wheel
		bustedWheelName = bustedwheel
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDustEffects
	}
}

 //KS-16 Slant Landing Gear
@PART[sidegear]:FOR[ZZZ-MoS-Tweaks]:NEEDS[KSPWheel]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelBrakes]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDamage]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleWheelDeployment] {}
	
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBase
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelColliderOffset = 0.065
		wheelRadius = 0.33
		wheelMass = 0.09
		suspensionTravel = 0.1
		maxLoadRating = 10
		maxSpeed = 300
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelRotation
		wheelMeshName = wheel
		rotationAxis = 1,0,0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelSuspension
		suspensionName = suspension
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		suspensionOffset = 0
		suspensionAxis = 0, 1, 0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDeployment
		animationName = sidegeardeploy
				
		retractEffect = retract
		retractedEffect = retracted
		deployEffect = deploy
		deployedEffect = deployed
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelBrakes
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		maxBrakeTorque = 4
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDamage
		wheelColliderName = WheelCollider
		wheelName = wheel
		bustedWheelName = bustedwheel
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = KSPWheelDustEffects
	}
}


Disclaimer:
These are just personal patches I use for my own games. They're not a mod, I've done no rigorous testing and in some cases no testing at all. I can't guarantee they'll work for you, nor that they won't set your computer on fire or any other adverse reaction. If I fix bugs and or add configs I'll try to remember to update these, but I can't guarantee that either. 

Use at your own risk so on and so forth.

Edited by Citizen247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Citizen247, thanks, just a little more info, what is "[ZZZ-MoS-Tweaks]" ? Your personal folder for custom MM patches ? If that is a case then only APP partname and NEEDS for KSPWheel is necessary.

I like more KSPWheels over stock too. Only issue I got with KSPWheels is FPS drops with adjutable landing gears. Somewhat known issue that hopefully will be adressed in one of next updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kcs123 said:

@Citizen247, thanks, just a little more info, what is "[ZZZ-MoS-Tweaks]" ? Your personal folder for custom MM patches ? If that is a case then only APP partname and NEEDS for KSPWheel is necessary.

I like more KSPWheels over stock too. Only issue I got with KSPWheels is FPS drops with adjutable landing gears. Somewhat known issue that hopefully will be adressed in one of next updates.

It's just a trick to get the patch to be applied near the end of patches after other mods have done their thing, without using "final" which is generally bad practice. But yes, to get the patches to work all that is needed is the partname and NEEDS[KSPWheel] (though that's not strictly speaking necessary, it just stops things getting broken if KSPWheel isn't installed). Using on your own installs you might as well delete AFTER and put :FINAL after NEEDS[].

Edited by Citizen247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.