blowfish

[1.7.3] B9PartSwitch v2.10.1 (Sep 30) - module switching!!!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

Other mods use a ModuleManager patch targeting multiple parts to install the same module multiple times.  Maybe that would make sense here?

Am already doing that, just wanted to know if could eliminate many points of possible failure by seeing if certain things could be inherited, and some are. Just asking for the rest to be able to be inherited as well. Maybe just something to consider implementing in the future. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Am already doing that, just wanted to know if could eliminate many points of possible failure by seeing if certain things could be inherited, and some are. Just asking for the rest to be able to be inherited as well. Maybe just something to consider implementing in the future. :)

I could almost consider adding title, descriptionSummary, descriptionDetail to B9_TANK_TYPE to provide defaults for the SUBTYPE.  But I think you're talking about adding a templating system for entire switcher modules, which is an entirely different thing and a much bigger undertaking.

oh and P.S. you don't need to set affectDragCubes 90% of the time.  If there's no mesh switching it won't try to re-render drag cubes.

Edited by blowfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I could almost consider adding title, descriptionSummary, descriptionDetail to B9_TANK_TYPE to provide defaults for the SUBTYPE.  But I think you're talking about adding a templating system for entire switcher modules, which is an entirely different thing and a much bigger undertaking.

oh and P.S. you don't need to set affectDragCubes 90% of the time.  If there's no mesh switching it won't try to re-render drag cubes.

just the first part. tank types is already a template, just want to extent a couple more things into it. :D Just was asking for the smaller undertaking.

good to know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmmmmodule Switching... :o

Yisss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Mmmmmmodule Switching... :o

Yisss

 

Maybe this could be used on the Tundra Exploration Gojira to switch   between transpiration cooling and thermal tiling, for people who want to use it...

Just a thought, but I think this could make it possible :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Caused my game to crash with space station parts redux installed, caused parts from other mods to stop even working. Uninstalled b9 and my game works like a charm again. Not sure what the mod author was going for here feel like they were trying to break my game lol.

http://prntscr.com/ozt6b4 here’s the crash when using space station parts redux.

EDIT: the parts it caused to stop showing up were from mods that supported this and included b9 in their install files. The work fine without it.

Edited by Zuldwyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zuldwyn said:

Caused my game to crash with space station parts redux installed, caused parts from other mods to stop even working. Uninstalled b9 and my game works like a charm again. Not sure what the mod author was going for here feel like they were trying to break my game lol.

http://prntscr.com/ozt6b4 here’s the crash when using space station parts redux.

EDIT: the parts it caused to stop showing up were from mods that supported this and included b9 in their install files. The work fine without it.

Pretty sure you will start to see some problems if you install a mod that requires B9PartSwitch and no B9PartSwitch

If you re-install it and provide your full log I can point to where the issue lies.  Either something is installed incorrectly or an unexpected combination of mods is causing a ModuleManager patch to fail.  Either way, I will get to the bottom of it if you let me.

E: So apparently you also have mods installed that require Community Resource Pack but don't have that installed.  That would definitely cause issues.

Edited by blowfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Quote

190831T165045.698 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type LiquidFuel already exists
190831T165045.701 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type LFO already exists
190831T165045.706 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type LiquidFuel already exists
190831T165045.708 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type LFO already exists
190831T165045.716 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type OX already exists
190831T165045.718 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type LF already exists
190831T165045.720 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type LFOX already exists
190831T165045.722 [ERROR] [B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ReloadTankDefs] B9TankSettings: The tank type Xenon already exists

Are they a problem?

 

And than I got this "Serious Warning"" when loading KSP:

IMG-20190831-165757501.jpg

And I'm getting this Warnings in my logs:

Quote

[WRN 16:53:22.459] Warning on PartSubtype None on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'BareEngine' found
[WRN 16:53:22.557] Warning on PartSubtype None on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.LR87.SingleChamberB: No transforms named 'BareEngine' found

[WRN 16:53:23.396] Warning on PartSubtype Radial on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'Radial' found
[WRN 16:53:23.397] Warning on PartSubtype Inline on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'Inline' found

[WRN 16:53:23.465] Warning on PartSubtype Radial on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.Titan.SRB3seg: No transforms named 'Radial' found
[WRN 16:53:23.471] Warning on PartSubtype Inline on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.Titan.SRB3seg: No transforms named 'Inline' found

[WRN 16:55:15.560] Warning on PartSubtype Bearing on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='mount') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'ht2_truss_trussConnectorBearing_colliders' found
[WRN 16:55:15.620] Warning on PartSubtype Bearing on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='mount') on part ht2.trussPort: No transforms named 'ht2_truss_trussConnectorBearing_colliders' found

So how do I fix this?

 

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, blowfish said:

Pretty sure you will start to see some problems if you install a mod that requires B9PartSwitch and no B9PartSwitch

If you re-install it and provide your full log I can point to where the issue lies.  Either something is installed incorrectly or an unexpected combination of mods is causing a ModuleManager patch to fail.  Either way, I will get to the bottom of it if you let me.

E: So apparently you also have mods installed that require Community Resource Pack but don't have that installed.  That would definitely cause issues.

Thanks man that was the issue, I don’t remember ever installing anything that needed that.

Edited by Zuldwyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zuldwyn said:

I don’t remember ever installing anything that needed that.

CommunityResourcePack is included with several of Nertea's Near Future mods (Propulsion, Electrical, and Aeronautics).  I'm guessing you're using those, since you posted in that thread saying B9PartSwitch broke your game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

 

And than I got this "Serious Warning"" when loading KSP:

 

And I'm getting this Warnings in my logs:

So how do I fix this?

 

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

 

Hello,

So for one of my "Serious Warning", I found an answer here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to use B9PartSwitch to change the scale of a model?  Specifically, I'd like to change the length and width, but leave height alone.

Not clear from the docs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is it possible to use B9PartSwitch to change the scale of a model?  Specifically, I'd like to change the length and width, but leave height alone.

Not clear from the docs

You already asked for this, I just haven't gotten to it yet.  But based on what you're saying now different scaling on each axis is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blowfish said:

You already asked for this, I just haven't gotten to it yet.  But based on what you're saying now different scaling on each axis is required.

Your right, i forgot.  Sorry.

I’m working on a new project, and ran into the same problem as before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Your right, i forgot.  Sorry.

I’m working on a new project, and ran into the same problem as before.  

No problem on hearing it again though, part of how I gauge the value of new features is trying to see how often they'll be used.  If you have another use case then that's another reason to build it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, blowfish said:

No problem on hearing it again though, part of how I gauge the value of new features is trying to see how often they'll be used.  If you have another use case then that's another reason to build it.

For now I'll either provide multiple part files, or get the object in each .mu file renamed so that the stock Variants can handle it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a set of problems with B9 and BDB.
They are in line 13867 through 13892 within my KSP log. Here is the link to that. 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XSFMQkUgLoLKybwryqzRRVJUoM--n5oQ  <- kps log

Spoiler
[WRN 00:28:38.993] Warning on PartSubtype None on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'BareEngine' found
[LOG 00:28:38.998] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR87_SingleChamberB/bluedog_LR87_SingleChamberB' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:28:39.006] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.LR87.SingleChamberB'
[WRN 00:28:39.049] Warning on PartSubtype None on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.LR87.SingleChamberB: No transforms named 'BareEngine' found
[WRN 00:28:39.055] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 00:28:39.061] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR87_SingleChamberVac/bluedog_LR87_SingleChamberVac'
[LOG 00:28:39.089] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR87_SingleChamberVac/bluedog_LR87_SingleChamberVac' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:28:39.098] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.LR87.SingleChamberVac'
[LOG 00:28:39.150] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR91_mod1/bluedog_LR91_mod1'
[LOG 00:28:39.183] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR91_mod1/bluedog_LR91_mod1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:28:39.193] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.LR91.mod1'
[LOG 00:28:39.235] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR91_mod2/bluedog_LR91_mod2'
[LOG 00:28:39.261] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR91_mod2/bluedog_LR91_mod2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:28:39.267] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.LR91.mod2'
[LOG 00:28:39.316] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR91_mod4/bluedog_LR91_mod4'
[LOG 00:28:39.342] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_LR91_mod4/bluedog_LR91_mod4' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:28:39.348] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.LR91.mod4'
[LOG 00:28:39.398] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_SMRU/bluedog_Titan_SRB3seg'
[WRN 00:28:39.423] Warning on PartSubtype Radial on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'Radial' found
[WRN 00:28:39.423] Warning on PartSubtype Inline on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'Inline' found
[LOG 00:28:39.429] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Titan/bluedog_SMRU/bluedog_Titan_SRB3seg' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:28:39.436] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.Titan.SRB3seg'
[WRN 00:28:39.453] Warning on PartSubtype Radial on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.Titan.SRB3seg: No transforms named 'Radial' found
[WRN 00:28:39.455] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 00:28:39.455] Warning on PartSubtype Inline on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.Titan.SRB3seg: No transforms named 'Inline' found
[WRN 00:28:39.456] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

My installment was pretty clean, only installed the following, with their dependencies.
Tweakscale 2.4.2
AVP and AVP 8k Textures 3.8.3
B9 Part switch 2.10
BDB 1.5.2
Community Resource Pack 1.2
DM Module Science Animate Generic 0.21
EVE 1.7.3
Kabrams Sunflare Blue High 0.0.1
Module Manager 4.0.3
NF IVA props 0.5.1
Scatterer + Default config 0.0540
Texture Replacer 3.7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you need anything more, just say so and I'll make a google drive link for it

Edited by Pointblank66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im getting my usual B9 error but all of the sudden I can't click OK to make the box disappear. Is there another way to make the error box disappear? I can't play the game now. It seems everything is running fine behind the error box I just can't click OK like I normally have been doing.

Edited by KIMCHI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

Im getting my usual B9 error but all of the sudden I can't click OK to make the box disappear. Is there another way to make the error box disappear? I can't play the game now. It seems everything is running fine behind the error box I just can't click OK like I normally have been doing.

Does the OK button appear but doesn't do anything, or does it not appear?  Maybe the window is ending up taller than the screen?  I guess a screenshot might be helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

I can't click the OK button. The Box is in the middle of the screen I can see the entire box, clicking the OK button does nothing.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApS4szxClp5oiJYzeOgEZEr0qxFx-A?e=dBm8iP

Hmm, could you provide your log after running KSP, seeing this, and then clicking OK?  Maybe something unexpected is happening when you click that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B9PartSwitch v2.10.1 for KSP 1.7.3

  • Add missing Russian localization keys
  • Fix surface attach node modifiers not actually doing anything
  • Fix surface attach node modifiers checking whether the part allows surface attach to it rather than to parent part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, blowfish said:

B9PartSwitch v2.10.1 for KSP 1.7.3

  • Add missing Russian localization keys
  • Fix surface attach node modifiers not actually doing anything
  • Fix surface attach node modifiers checking whether the part allows surface attach to it rather than to parent part

:like:

+ :rep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.