HarvesteR Easter Egg

theJesuit

This is a memorial I worked on: http://www.archdaily.com/256516/memorial-to-the-abolition-of-slavery-wodiczko-bonder Technically a memorial to a still living idea. Modern slavery is still a tremendous problem, and we spent a good bit of our time focusing on it. 

*ahem* right, yes, a big ole statue in the mountains seems quite nice. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

What about a Mount Rushmore type monument somewhere in the solar system? I'm cool with a statue too, or maybe have a giant image of Felipe in the sun, visible when near it like the sunspots.

Edited by cubinator

On 6/6/2016 at 2:46 PM, LetsGoToMars! said:

I agree with a giant stature of him on some remote place, and maybe a more obscure statue in some unexpected place in the KSC.

Could have him toiling away in the background in Admin, and R&D, and Mission COntrol, and the Astronaut complex, and wandering around in the VAB/SPH

On 5/31/2016 at 10:33 PM, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Maybe a statue of a Kerbal with a hoe standing next to the abandoned parts on the Island Airfield

If we're going for symbolism, how about a statue of a Kerbal hammering a pitchfork into a rocket...

On 6/7/2016 at 5:46 AM, LetsGoToMars! said:

I agree with a giant stature of him on some remote place, and maybe a more obscure statue in some unexpected place in the KSC.

How about we use this opportunity to give credits to Dres?

We can put the statue of HarvesteR at the top of a mountain overlooking the planet.

#DresIsReal

I think he should also get a job somewhere in ksc and be a reliable companion for new players. dunno what he would like to do if he was a kerbal and employed by the kerbal space agency. perhaps someone in mission control or the science guy or just a member of the ground crew, his choice. 

beside that, I would also like the addition of a saturn analogue named Felipe, his favorite parts being manufactured by HarvesteR Corp. or a new part like the Falanghe Phalanx Space Telescope. 

On 04/06/2016 at 10:25 PM, Vanamonde said:

How about some thing to honor HarvesteR, no matter what it's called? 

I was thinking about that. I think we should temporarily put the KSC flag at half-staff.

Edited by Matuchkin

On June 13, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Andem said:

Can we please revive Harvest from @NovaSilisko's original plans? I think having a dwarf - moon - thing would be a perfect statement.

That's perfect! Kerbin could have either a third moon somewhere, perhaps a gilly sized rock near LKO or a mun sized Trojan companion a few degrees ahead or behind in its orbit.

10 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

how bout a nice Dresian moon that's named after HarvestR(Felipe) and has basically everything Felipe likes on it?

Or a random dresteroid (1/50 ish) that spawns with that. Or, somebody add one with Kopernicus!

• 2 weeks later...

I also think that Felipe deserves a lasting Easter Egg in the game. Adding his name to the crew name generation should only be a first step. I can't beat the many excellent suggestions which have been posted until now. One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is to name a comet after him. The comet should have a highly eliptical orbit and a cometary tail which (dis-)appears at a plausible distance from the sun. No information about it should be available in map view until it has passed the orbit of Jool. The shape of the comet should be like the HarvestR's avatar but only if the tail hasn't spawned yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.