[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

After discussion with @KospY, who is the author of the original idea, we agreed that I should take ownership over the mod to continue maintaining and developing it. Today, KAS is completely different from what KospY have made in 2015, but his idea is still here - we connect vessels in space! The forum thread for the initial version of KAS can be found here.

>>> Support me at Patreon if you like the mod!

Kerbal Attachment System (KAS)

This mod is another extension to the EVA duty of the kerbonauts. Now they can link different vessels together. Why linking? Well, how about transferring resources without docking? Or maybe two vessels need to stay together while not docked. Even more, this mod has active parts that can work as winches!

A great variety of links is supported:

• Rigid. It's basically a simple strut, but kerbals can set it up or remove being EVA. Bring some of these things on your Mun base and reinforce the structure!
  • Rigid unlocked. It's still the same strut, but the joints are unlocked. It allows the vessels to move, while not getting too close or too far to/from each other.
  • Active rigid. Do you need to tow a vessel? If yes, then you need a tow bar. Only in KAS you can find advanced models of tow bars that can assist steering. Greater towing speed means more fun!
  • Flexible. It's an elastic cable that can stretch at some extent while still forcing the vessel to stay together.
  • Active flexible. It's still a cable, but now its distance can be changed either via an EVA kerbal, or via a remote control GUI. Basically, it's an electric winch.
  • Resource transfer. Zero structure force in exchange to an ability to have some free length. Link the vessels up to the maximum distance and move the resources via a convenient GUI (a way more convenient than the stock one!).

Almost any type allows remotely docking the vessels. Once docked, the vessels become a single base where the stock game functionality can work.

Demo media

The videos above were created using the pre-release versions of KAS. Real appearance can differ.

Languages supported

Русский Русский

Italiano Italiano

Español Español

简体中文 简体中文

Português Português

Français Français

If you are a native speaker of any other language, please, consider adding your translation. Simply ping me in PM if you're willing to do so, and I'll do my best to help you. And don't be shy if your speaking English is not very well, what is required is your native language skill - we're trying to be funny in KAS part descriptions, it can be challenging to make a proper translation. And if you think you don't need extra help, try reading this link - it may save you a lot of efforts while translating KAS.

Support

You can support this and the other of my mods on Patreon. This is where I post my ideas, prototypes and the features development progress.

Other useful mods for EVA

If you want doing EVA comfortably, you really should consider adding these mods as well:

How to install

• Recommended:
    • Install and run CKAN.
    • Search for "Kerbal Attachment System" or just "KAS", then install the mod.
    • Occasionally run CKAN client to update KAS (and other mods) to the latest version.
    • If you follow this path, then all the KAS dependencies will be updated automatically. It may save you a lot of time during the update.
  • Manual:
    • Download the ZIP archive:
    • If you have an older version of the mod in your game, you must delete all the old files first! Do not just copy over, this will likely result in compatibility issues.
    • Unzip the release archive into the game's GameData folder.
      • Note, that names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or the mod won't work.
      • The release archive contains the minimum versions of the required dependencies: ModuleManager and CommunityCatgeoryKit. If your game has better versions, do not overwrite!
    • Verify the installation: the mod's LICENSE.md file must be located at <game root>/GameData/KAS/LICENSE.md.

Authors

Sources are available on GitHub. License: Public Domain (yes, you're completely unrestricted).

Edited by IgorZ

4 minutes ago, ChainiaC said:

Great news! Thank you!

:cool:

1 minute ago, maranble14 said:

We appreciate you taking over and keeping this fantastic mod alive!

Thanks, guys :) I assure you I'll do my best to develop this mod further.

i love modrs who loose interest or any reason just hand over their mod to some one else. this should be happen to all mods who lack of activity im sure there r people who interested to continue ur amazing works. (i think i have grammar issue in this sorry) thank u  @KospY and @igorz.

Throwing my hat in the ring here to thank you for the amazing work you do on this mod!  Adds a whole new dimension to KSP, and your continuing efforts are very appreciated by myself and the rest of the community.  :)

very nice very nice.

Let me ask you this: What do you plan to do with your first 100 days in Office Mr. IgorZ?:D

Never forget the foundation and vision Kospy had: namely, Space-Whale hunting for every Kerb.

Stay true to those roots, and you won't go wrong!

Cheers and congrats, the mod is in good hands.

If this is already documented, I apologize ahead of time.  I think I found as possible KAS bug?

I have tested with this the flex tubes that come with both MKS and KPB , they will connect and show the "tubes", but when you scene change away and then come back.  The 'tubes' are gone, but the game/KAS still think that that they are linked?

Also, I am not able to transfer crew from structure to structure.  

http://imgur.com/q5xV58X

edit: Last minute information.  When I use the MKS tubes, they work by which I mean I can transfer crew.  Again, I am not sure where to start on this.

Edited by gamerscircle

3 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

If this is already documented, I apologize ahead of time.  I think I found as possible KAS bug?

I have tested with this the flex tubes that come with both MKS and KPB , they will connect and show the "tubes", but when you scene change away and then come back.  The 'tubes' are gone, but the game/KAS still think that that they are linked?

Also, I am not able to transfer crew from structure to structure.  

http://imgur.com/q5xV58X

edit: Last minute information.  When I use the MKS tubes, they work by which I mean I can transfer crew.  Again, I am not sure where to start on this.

We need logs right after you've loaded the scene (KSP.log file in the root game's folder). As for the crew transfer the MKS mod have some issues with it.