The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

10 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Why is it a "uni-corn" and not a "uni-horn"?

Cornu is Latin for "horn"; the word unicorn comes into English from the Old French.  (Horn comes into English from Germanic roots, not Latin ones.)

See also cornucopiacorner, Capricorn, and corn in English.

Edited by Nikolai
Added some other examples

23 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

Cornu is Latin for "horn"; the word unicorn comes into English from the Old French.  (Horn comes into English from Germanic roots, not Latin ones.)

See also cornucopiacorner, Capricorn, and corn in English.

Actually *puts monocle on* "corn" comes from germanic as well. The Latin word for horn is Cornus 

6 hours ago, Jorge_slc said:

Actually *puts monocle on* "corn" comes from germanic as well. The Latin word for horn is Cornus 

<double-checks>  You're right.  Good catch.  Thanks for the correction.

Oh, btw. The reason I couldn't access the debug menu was because I had the new GeForce Experience installed and "share" was active. Alt+x controls are default key bindings and override the KSP controls. Disable share and its fine.

On 29/09/2016 at 6:55 AM, ISE said:

Wake me up from cryogenic stasis when its released. That is all, goodnight. 

Errrr Hello... yes, sorry, we forgot all about you. As such, sorry to say, release 1.2 was...errr.... released about 5000 years ago.

We are now waiting for version 74102216.6.0 to be released.... in a week or two.

Your old computer wont run the new version, you need a super computer running 200,000 cores at the speed of light running Win AI Hal 9999 to run it now.

OH... BTW, welcome back... here is a coffee to help you wake up.

Well, that's better than...

'Ahhh welcome back.  We're sorry, but we failed to spot a minor bug in the 'Cryo-Thaw (tm)' software before release which means there's a chance that when you leave your 'Kraken 3 (tm) Cryo-capsule' you may turn into a cloud of dust.  You will be pleased to know that we have fixed the issue for the next release, unfortunately though the patcher wasn't working so we couldn't update your version.'

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

Well, that's better than...

'Ahhh welcome back.  We're sorry, but we failed to spot a minor bug in the 'Cryo-Thaw (tm)' software before release which means there's a chance that when you leave your 'Kraken 3 (tm) Cryo-capsule' you may turn into a cloud of dust.' 

Actually he won't, since we'll not wake him up.

Just let the badger continue his sleep under the bridge.

6 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Errrr Hello... yes, sorry, we forgot all about you. As such, sorry to say, release 1.2 was...errr.... released about 5000 years ago.

We are now waiting for version 74102216.6.0 to be released.... in a week or two.

Your old computer wont run the new version, you need a super computer running 200,000 cores at the speed of light running Win AI Hal 9999 to run it now.

OH... BTW, welcome back... here is a coffee to help you wake up.

Naah 1.2 was released 1000 years ago... its 3016 now... Welcome to Futurama!

Edited by Dr.Wolfram

20 hours ago, peewee69 said:

Boy, do I regret buying my ticket for the patience ferry!

Why? Am I that bad company.... do I have... B.O.??? :(

Tell me, or I'll use you as a punching bag again..... honestly, I thought you enjoyed helping me get into shape for 1.2.... :)

Unless something goes south badly, my guess is that the ferry wil finally get to port next Tuesday... Otherwise the phrase "The wait is almost over" from last Tuesday would have been the worst overstatement ever...   At this point we´ve already used all the delta V that we needed to and need to wait it out.

October has turned into the month of gaming hype for me!  Civ 6, Gwent, new KSP update!  I know there's a few more but my brain is to overloaded to think!

...or maybe it's just the Gwent beta?  Either way, lots of hype!

Edited by klgraham1013

Thought I would download 1.2 pre-release to take a look, but it's not available for me. :(  Originally bought KSP from the KSP store, and both the Linux and Mac 1.2 options in the store are selectable, but when I hover the mouse over the PC 1.2 button, it's not selectable.

Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

1 minute ago, Scarecrow said:

Thought I would download 1.2 pre-release to take a look, but it's not available for me. :(  Originally bought KSP from the KSP store, and both the Linux and Mac 1.2 options in the store are selectable, but when I hover the mouse over the PC 1.2 button, it's not selectable.

Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Windows is special. It's got multiple downloads as links below the icon.