The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

10 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

____day for sure.  Though, maybe ____day, but I'm betting on ____day for sure.

I feel it. It has to be Tuesday. Last week's devnote did say that the wait is almost over.

aka

Soon

Edited by HoloYolo
Wrong day

I'm very much enjoying my ride on the hype train, I can sense the excitement building up steam (and store :cool: ) 1.2 is looking awesome,  the devs have been outstanding on this one and my hopes are up for release next week.

But I have also got a seat on the patience ferry which is keeping my anticipation in check, building up too much hope is often setting yourself up for disappointment. If it's not considered ready the right thing to do is wait.  A hotfix should  absolutely be used if needed, but avoiding needing one is far better. 

Worry not, friends, fret not even.... for I have the information you have been seeking.

I can tell you exactly when it will be released....

answer: This decade, for sure. No.... no need to thank me for the info, I was glad to share it with you all. :)

8 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Windows is special. It's got multiple downloads as links below the icon.

I must be looking in the wrong place then, because all the other links on that page are clickable, with one notable exception - the 1.2 pre-release download.  Will go and have another look.

ETA: You are right - no idea how I didn't spot that the first time.

Edited by Scarecrow

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

no idea how I didn't spot that the first time.

59 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Happens to the best of us.

I don't know about the best of us, but I can say that for me myself? There's a reason I was able to answer the question so quickly :D 

It's Monday, the day before release... Or maybe the release will be today... Or next week? The train powers onwards

Hype hype hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype hype hype chooo-chooooooo

I'm callin it; it will probably be out next Tuesday the 11th, though a lot has been done there are quite a few newly confirmed bugs that have just started getting worked on after a quick look at the bug tracker, and about 300 new bugs yet to be confirmed. Not all of them have to be fixed before its released, but my guess is it will take about another good week (maybe + a day or two) to iron out a good chunk.

2 hours ago, fireblade274 said:

I'm callin it; it will probably be out next Tuesday the 11th, though a lot has been done there are quite a few newly confirmed bugs that have just started getting worked on after a quick look at the bug tracker, and about 300 new bugs yet to be confirmed. Not all of them have to be fixed before its released, but my guess is it will take about another good week (maybe + a day or two) to iron out a good chunk.

Would be kind of disappointed if they considered still having at least two weeks until launch as "Almost over" but I guess it´s my problem also for being an eager beaver. Development takes a while and it´s better to wait than to release something buggy...  However, shame on squad for waving an "almost over" at us like a cruel dog owner waves a ball that they´ll pretend to throw and will hide in their pockets... 

Edited by Jorge_slc
sum spleling mitsakes

1 hour ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

Like all recently releases, I'm riding the 1.2.2 hype train

I like (and share) your optimism. For 1.0 we ended up on the 5th patch and on 1.1 we were on the third. Lets see what 1.2 brings, but experience definitely tells us that SQUAD needs some time after a release to really finish the release.

3 hours ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

Like all recently releases, I'm riding the 1.2.2 hype train

Truthfully, this.  I'm waiting at least a month for the hotfixes and mod updates to really start playing again.

Edited by klgraham1013

Squad dropped a release date, countdown has begun ladies and gents.

T- 7 days until update drops.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Boy here we go.

7 minutes ago, RuBisCO said:

Aside for bug fixes what will be difference from the per-release and final version of 1.2?

Pre-release is for showing the features and fine-tuning things that aren't fine-tuned. I would say that other than a few bug fixes there isn't really much of a difference.

12 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Truthfully, this.  I'm waiting at least a month for the hotfixes and mod updates to really start playing again.

Same here. I NEED mods! Well at least MechJeb, can't be bother to manually fly things myself anymore, except for landing planes.