Devnote Tuesday: The experimentals Quest!

SQUAD

18 minutes ago, HatBat said:

The problem, it seems, is that porkjet is either being asked to or ignoring styles outside of what he's impressed people with in the past. The current models may not be very high fidelity but they honestly look better than what we've been shown of the revamp. Porkjet isn't so much improving the parts but just making them in his own rather repetitive aesthetic. T

The revamp won't make everyone happy, its probably impossible. Trying to improve design continuity across all the rocket parts, of necessity loses some of the unique aspects of what we have today. I will concede that when (I hope) he gets to the 2.5m parts, the orange tank had better still be orange, or people will complain.

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:
tumblr_inline_odgmngyvmN1rr2wit_540.jpg

Kasper (KasperVld) has been finishing up ongoing projects and helped Mike and Nathanael with the KSP Modding API documentation, which is available on the website by the time these Devnotes are published.

OMG, HUGE Thanks, how many beer for the link, chief?

6 minutes ago, Andem said:

Ha ha, very funny. But seriously, every stockalike modder must be in tears.

Eh, stuff like vens is pretty cool, although it's of course a big change if you suddenly got PBR and higher detail levels, not to mention the skill of porkjet making the overhaul.

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

That's why I attempted to do Pork-alike for MOLE. :) DSEV, on the other hand...

I'm definitely going to wait to update my main save, as it uses nearly exclusively porkalike packs. :rolleyes:

Kasper (KasperVld) has been finishing up ongoing projects and helped Mike and Nathanael with the KSP Modding API documentation, which is available on the website by the time these Devnotes are published.

11 minutes ago, Malah said:

Where is it please?

5 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

The words 'rock solid' were used in the devstream today.

Happy landings!

That makes me curiously amazed!

Still recovering from that one time where someone talked about 'rock solid' 30fps

Edited by Temeter

Of all the wonderful things in the devnotes, this:

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

has got to be my favorite, as a budding and floundering modder.

17 minutes ago, Malah said:

I'll toss in a fiver at the bar if it'll help.

Just now, Temeter said:

I've got no clue what I'm seeing here, but I aprove as long as it's not jittering like crazy.

What it looks like is they have either removed or increased the limit on the number of patched conics you can see. I count 5 paths, including two Munar encounters; the red orbit is the final, stable one. The yellow orbit was throwing me for a bit before I realized that was the Mun's orbit. (Need moar coffeez)

1 minute ago, Bombaatu said:

What it looks like is they have either removed or increased the limit on the number of patched conics you can see. I count 5 paths, including two Munar encounters; the red orbit is the final, stable one. The yellow orbit was throwing me for a bit before I realized that was the Mun's orbit. (Need moar coffeez)

Earlier IIRC it was always limited to 3. Precision and reliability were almost a bit problematic, but they seem to have been further improved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.