23 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

@Nivee~, @MadRocketScientist

Did you see the announcement about Subnautica: Below Zero early release on the 30th?

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/below-zero-early-access/

I'm excited and I have not even finished the first yet!

I can't wait. It's probably going to be one of the few games I buy right after it's first available.

23 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

Yesss Finally!! I haven't completed the first one either :D I hope this one atleast gives me harpoons and spears ingame..

You may end up disappointed. A lot of the praise for the game for the way the lack of weapons makes the experience more scary since there's no way to just remove all the threats from the environment.

I hope they have better modding support though. 

19 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Ha ha, yes. My sister play The Sims 4, which I sometimes play aswell, and has well over 1000 mods.

What’s funnier is that her obsession with filling up her closet would have been hilarious...

Had we not been in the same boat.

27418-0-1509218273.jpg

Edited by DDE

17 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Cities: Skylines

I’ve picked four maps I want to play, now I need to rid myself from the grid builder obsession that has bound me to Arid Plains.

1 hour ago, DDE said:

I’ve picked four maps I want to play, now I need to rid myself from the grid builder obsession that has bound me to Arid Plains.

Oh, I have a fantasy map with huge mountains and steep changes in elevation and what do I do? The American grid.

My other problem is I have a tendency to start all over if I don't like the way something is turning out.

I love me some Cities: Skylines.

But I had the same irk, it's too free.  It's not griddy enough, so it took some getting used to, especially trying to build perfectly symmetrical diverging diamond over the interstates.  One or two pixels can ruin the whole thing.

5 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

My other problem is I have a tendency to start all over if I don't like the way something is turning out.

I do that too, in most games.  KSP is really bad for it.

I had a city that wasn't going the way I'd wanted, but instead of just starting over, I decided to have some fun with it.  It is way harder than it should be to intentionally burn your city to the ground.  I ended up walling off most of it, then sticking a bunch of the sewage pump things downtown.  Despite all the taxes being maxed, all services halted, and the city literally drowning in sewage, I still had a few hundred citizens that were channeling their inner New Orleans Citizen refusing to leave.

7 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

But I had the same irk, it's too free.  It's not griddy enough, so it took some getting used to, especially trying to build perfectly symmetrical diverging diamond over the interstates.  One or two pixels can ruin the whole thing.

One mod fixes that: MoveIt!

8 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I do that too, in most games.  KSP is really bad for it.

Yup, I  have done that a lot. The only game I have kept since 1.0 is Kerny's sandbox game.

9 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I had a city that wasn't going the way I'd wanted, but instead of just starting over, I decided to have some fun with it.  It is way harder than it should be to intentionally burn your city to the ground.  I ended up walling off most of it, then sticking a bunch of the sewage pump things downtown.  Despite all the taxes being maxed, all services halted, and the city literally drowning in sewage, I still had a few hundred citizens that were channeling their inner New Orleans Citizen refusing to leave.

Yeah, that's why I do Armageddon on them - I delete the save file. Life as they know it ended...

28 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, I have a fantasy map with huge mountains and steep changes in elevation and what do I do? The American grid.

Hold my beer!

I only play on the flattest map available.

Yesterday I passed 200 hours in Factorio.

Now I'm beefing up my copper plate production. When I started the main bus I thought that four red belts will be enough, but now they are entirely eaten by the factory, so I'm adding another smelting block for four more belts. Which means I need to double the miners, but I'm borderline running out of power (my backup steam generators need to kick in during the night). I need more solar panels and accumulators.

The trains are amazing so I'm extending the stations from four wagons to eight. It makes the trains look much prettier, but running on coal makes them a bit sluggish, so I need to make better fuel. I still haven't decided which one to go for (I could pick any, since my researches are always way ahead of the factory development).

In all these 200+ hours, I still haven't launched a rocket, but I think this map is the one where I'll finally do it.

I love the game.

Played two game more than an month the last two years. KSP and Elder scroll online. 
Enjoyed Stelaris. during that time, also fallout 4 i think, fun but a bit disappointing, 
Anno 1800 looks good, perhaps next Tropico but did not played the last much. 

41 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

After 212 hours I did it! Almost exactly 30 hours for this save file.

I've been waiting for 0.17 to drop but this makes me want to jump back in. Railworld's the best. And screw biters. Though I leave them in, I turn them way down, nerf their evolution, and make them not expand or expand very rarely. I want to have to make weapons, but I don't want to have to use them, at least not very much.

Now do a Lazy stand-up guy run.

EDIT HA HA HA I don't think I've ever been hit with the swear filter here.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Red Dead Redemption II since the release date.  Slow and steady.   Found so much naturally exploring.   Max Honoured.  Then Max Dishonoured and finally reached 100% a few weeks ago.  Still find it relaxing to ride there.

I missed a whole dot release of KSP and am just starting to think I might come back.

@5thHorseman

What's your usual biter setting?

I though about doing a lazy guy run, but I have a habit of making stuff in pocket and I think I'd accidentally make a bunch of chemical plants or something and ruin the run without even realizing. It is a good challenge, though. Very much in the spirit of the game.

I think I'll take this base and expand it a bit until 0.17 drops. ATM I'm solar powered with steam as backup. At this point steam is probably inadequate, it hasn't kicked in in a long time and I have something like 5x too much solar power production and storage (I always overkill with panels). I might do a nuclear facility (I have none ATM).

When 0.17 comes out, it will probably be necessary to start a new base, due to most science packs being redone and having different recipes.

19 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

@5thHorseman

What's your usual biter setting?

I have tweaked it a bit here and there, but it seems the sweet spot for me is to crank all base settings to the minimum that's not "none", then all evolution and expansion settings to half of what they are. Then they still expand, but do so very slowly giving me time to actually play the game part of the game ;)

I though about doing a lazy guy run, but I have a habit of making stuff in pocket and I think I'd accidentally make a bunch of chemical plants or something and ruin the run without even realizing. It is a good challenge, though. Very much in the spirit of the game.

I swear I have played 2 totally different games: Factorio, and Factorio without hand crafting. I much prefer the latter.

For my run, I actually changed the way I hand-craft in the controls menu. I rebound the keys to something I knew I'd never hit by accident.

I think I'll take this base and expand it a bit until 0.17 drops. ATM I'm solar powered with steam as backup. At this point steam is probably inadequate, it hasn't kicked in in a long time and I have something like 5x too much solar power production and storage (I always overkill with panels). I might do a nuclear facility (I have none ATM).

Nukes are fun to play with, but Solar is king. I like to leave my old steam in place with a switch set to sound an alarm and release a flood of coal into the steam furnaces whenever power gets below 10% in an accumulator.

When 0.17 comes out, it will probably be necessary to start a new base, due to most science packs being redone and having different recipes.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss