[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Love the pack. Would like to see something break up the monotony on Gael though..cities would be great.

Also every once in a while...

If I restore a quick save made while landed, I'll end up about a kilometer or so up in the air and crash.

If I restore a quick save made while orbiting or while transferring to Iota, the transfer or the orbit will change, almost like either my spacecraft position moved or Iota moved in suddenly orbital position.

Also I planted a flag at the beginning of the airstrip and on subsequent save reloads, the flag has fallen a few hundred meters into the ground, or on another reload it's back at airstrip level but has moved about half a click east.

Edited by Starfire70

@Galileo I keep forgetting to mention this (since it's working in my favor at the moment). I know y'all are working towards full Kerbalism support. Just FYI, at 6.4 scale (and probably others too) the KSC comm station is hundreds (thousands?) of kilometers below ground. As a result, you can still get a signal anywhere, even if there's lots and lots of Gael between a craft and the launch site. 

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

@Galileo I keep forgetting to mention this (since it's working in my favor at the moment). I know y'all are working towards full Kerbalism support. Just FYI, at 6.4 scale (and probably others too) the KSC comm station is hundreds (thousands?) of kilometers below ground. As a result, you can still get a signal anywhere, even if there's lots and lots of Gael between a craft and the launch site. 

That is how Kerbalism signal feature works.   It does not support ground stations at all.   A couple people have asked for it in the Kerbalism thread, but @ShotgunNinja is opposed, and I see his point, functionally, all of Kerbin has signal coverage without needed to dot around multiple ground stations as the other options do.  And generally if you have a high-gain antenna and LOS to Kerbin you are good.

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

:D @eddiew Gauss is a troll and its SOI has many surprises by itself.

I have a hunch from the in-game description that it'll have a massive radiation zone. So I've slapped oversized radiators on my probe and am hoping for the best :P 

8 hours ago, Blocky said:

My clouds are always black for some reason and I don't know why. I couldn't find anything online with this issue or how to fix it, I was wondering if anybody here could help me.

Thanks!

Please do not use the latest Scatterer or SVE with GPP, only use the bundled versions. Galileo will provide fixes for those in due time. Black clouds are a known problem to him.

1 hour ago, 影之瑒 said:

Does Kerbalism completely support GPP right now? I can't wait for it~

No, full support is not present. Resources are all there for keeping your greenhouse and atmosphere in good condition but there's no radiation config yet.

21 minutes ago, eddiew said:

I have a hunch from the in-game description that it'll have a massive radiation zone. So I've slapped oversized radiators on my probe and am hoping for the best :P 

Lol. *dramatic SFX*

8 minutes ago, 影之瑒 said:

Your background looks so pretty ,what is that?

That is the Foreign Eagle skybox. There's a link to all of my skyboxes in my signature but check out his version with some extra cleanup work and optionally extra sunflares in the background itself.

4 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

even if there's lots and lots of Gael between a craft and the launch site. 

Don't let her hear you. She's very sensitive about her figure you know.

In other news, I've also realised that the 1x + 3.2x thing stuffs up gravity assists. No moons are big enough to shave off 3km/s arrival velocity :(

Also @JadeOfMaar, feel free to subsume my de-artefacted skybox into your download if you like. Probably going to get confusing with multiple downloads for basically the same thing :) 

Edited by eddiew

I was supposed to do something important with KSP last night :P but I ended up making a Duna/Augustus SSTO with only nukes, stock parts overall and 4km/s ...and to an extent Eddie's bi-cockpit design feature (see his Squeakbat SSTO). :blush:  Only because I want it to hold more than one person and it's too heavy in the back because of the nukes leading to easy flip-out. I dislike how the front looks.

Pardon the low graphic quality. This is my testbed game so nearly no parts mods and no SVE.

pnTIYxN.jpg

Jannah's photo-bombing from under Otho.

NBCDePq.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 2/26/2017 at 3:37 PM, quarrion said:

Another question: is it intended, so that tellumo would have unbreatheable atmosphere or is it secondary to the partial support od kerbalism?

I did not notice this question and it seems fragmented.

Tellumo is intended to be breathable. Your favorite air-breathing engines work here and with Texture Replacer installed kerbals can take off their helmets. Also, no planet is left behind in Kerbalism support. If some particular additional code or feature is required for oxygenated planets other than the homeworld in Kerbalism, let us know.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I've created a quick zip file for ribbons if you use the FinalFrontier mod - this mod records which of your Kerbals were the first to reach a body / first to orbit / etc.  Get it here -  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50581433/GPP-final-frontier.zip

Just unzip it somewhere in your GameData folder, preferably GameData/GPP/

Edited by bigcalm

4 minutes ago, bigcalm said:

I've created a quick zip file for ribbons if you use the FinalFrontier mod - this mod records which of your Kerbals were the first to reach a body / first to orbit / etc.  Get it here -  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50581433/GPP-final-frontier.zip

Just unzip it somewhere in your GameData folder, preferably GameData/GPP/

Are they different than the ones that are already included in the download?

GPP already included a full copy of FF 

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, bigcalm said:

Oh cool!  I don't mind wasted effort - I did search around for it and couldn't find it - do you have a link?

It's bundled in the download under optional mods

Edited by Galileo