[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Hi,

I've been getting into RO recently, and I've noticed that quite a few Near Future parts (mostly NF Electrical) don't seem to be configured.  After searching around for more complete configs, I've come up empty-handed.  Are there any such configs available?  Thanks!

v14.10.0 for KSP 1.10

Config Changes

• Sspx update #2561
  • Set LMDE / TRW-201 to unlimited ignitions
  • Correct X-405, Stentor sea-level thrust #2580
  • Fix TR107, RS76, RS84 OF ratios #2583
  • Increase TinyTim reliability #2584
  • Fix Junkers cockpit and X-15 (1.25m) cockpit IVA EyeOffsets #2570
  • Add RO Support for ROTanks KatnissTanks
  • Add support for Photon Corp RSRM and RSRMV. Waterfall configs only
  • Fix R-4D-11 TF config #2582
  • Add PhotonCorp RealPlume configs for RSRM and RSRMV
  • Increase J57-P-8 temp limit #2589
  • Engine config for Filament Wound Casing RSRM #2587
  • Add tagging system for ModuleCargoPart #2591
  • Basic configs for KSP 1.11+ kerbals #2537
  • Add support for RMM #2585
  • Add P&W Model 304 #2581

Bug Fixes

• Fix the "don't show again" button on the PR warning
  • Fix Photon Corp WaterFall glow clipping
  • ROWaterfall: fix auto-config for derived MEC

Other Changes

• Remove support for ProcFairings pre-v6

Contributors:

Thanks to: @von-Kerman, @Tagir-1, @NathanKell, @ilmcamam, @Capkirk123, @al2me6, @pap1723, @StonesmileGit, @DRVeyl, @lpgagnon, @siimav

Thanks to all who have given support in issues, comments and discord discussions. Your contributions are greatly valued!

Hi , so i'm new to RO and RP-1 , I installed RP-1 but the installation has a non-compatible RSSVE , so I removed it , It loaded fine with no visual mods at first but when I downloaded RVE 2.0 .... etc. It's stuck on the loading screen , The log stopped 6 minutes before closing ksp , no warns , no errors , What could be wrong ?

Edit : There are some warnings but i couldn't understand them

Here's the log if someone needs it : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YTtCJdCq-lIzt_EazvJFduoElWHg82s9

Edited by mmamh2008

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else encountered the issue where the procedural wing editor just randomly stops working? I was making some wings for a sounding rocket but I pressed ctrl+z to undo something and after that the wing editor just ceased to have any effect no matter what changes I tried to make in the UI. I tried leaving the editor and re-entering, removing and replacing wing parts, and creating a new vessel to see if it'd work on a different vessel, but none of that had any effect. Currently restarting the game to test if that fixes it.

Edited by septemberWaves

• 2 weeks later...

New Feature: Speculative Level

RO now supports making distinctions between different levels of speculativeness on parts, engine configs, etc. You can set this level in Difficulty Options (either in a new save or a current save). The levels are:

• Operational: Historically flown hardware
  • Prototype: Hardware that was tested in whole or in part, but has not flown
  • Concept: Real projects that made it to a paper design study or mockup
  • Speculative: Realistic extrapolations of historical designs
  • AltHist: Designs from fictional timelines that nonetheless match the performance of real hardware
  • SciFi: The sky's the limit!

Any parts/configs at a speculative level higher than that selected will not be available to you.

PRs:

• Dynamic Part Hider (#2586)
  • Add speclevel tagging to engines, fix techTransfer (#2606)

Config Changes

• Add configs for two additional sizes of RCS Blocks
  • Configure RCS Blocks with Variants that Squad added in 1.11
  • Adjust tank masses when LH2 is loaded (#2578)
  • Add restart timer to RD-119, S5.92, update descriptions (#2592)
  • Add RO configs for New Tantares Mir station parts revamp. (#2515)
  • Change MLI Settings tp use RF+PartUpgrades (#2595)
  • Add RD-0120T, fix RD-0120, 701, 704 (#2549)
  • Add Rocketdyne G-1 (#2598)
  • Update Near Future Propulsion configs (#2574)
  • Add SSME variants and triprop support (#2569)
  • Add Near future Launch Vehicles Support (#2567)
  • Add High Performance Prototype engines (#2603)

Bug Fixes

• Fix broken tech transfer F-1->F-1A (can't have spaces)
  • Fix BDB Keyhole Parachute (#2601)

Other Changes

• Add more resource boiling points, move resource prices from RO to RP-1 (#2600)
  • Rename Integral to Isogrid in part title / description
  • Add SolarConfig support for multiple identical solar modules (#2599)
  • ROWaterfall: support useRelativeScaling with hybrid plumes
  • ROWaterfall: import templates from @Katniss218

Contributors:

Thanks to: @pap1723, @Capkirk123, @D0m1nu2, @jimmymcgoochie, @siimav, @NathanKell, @al2me6, @Vieju17, @StonesmileGit

On 3/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, siimav said:

v14.11.0 for KSP 1.12.x

topic change planned? There is still  1.10 
And great thanks for applying RO to 1.12 final relase. I think this build will live till.... 5 years after ksp2 relase(if ksp2 will be as good as ksp1 and this great community will support it)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but I didn't found another that seemed fit better.

Anyway; I'm currently in a career game and going to try to shoot beyond LEO. To do so I researched some better avionics to save battery and weight. I'm now at "Early avionics and probes" unlocke and researched.

This should let me select the "Early avionics" configuration in the VAB, which I can; but when I send the craft to building list the popup window appears and tells me I must unlock it for 4000$.

No problem, I have plenty of funds! But then I click and nothing appens, no founds deducted and no avionic unlocked. I can use any level up to my tech node for the Science-core, but Near-Earth avionic is stucked on Start level

This is my tech tree and what I see in the VAB: https://imgur.com/a/hcnZQkE

I played previous versions of RO and don't remember having this kind of problem, but had a long iatus from the game and my memory faded.

Anyone knows what may caused it, how to solve it or at least how to edit my save file to make it unlocked?

Anyone else getting a NaN errors for sspx 3 meter parts?

[ERR 20:25:33.616] RF: CalculateTankBoiloff found NaN part.temperature on sspx-core-1875-1 (Part)

[ERR 20:25:33.617] RF: CalculateTankBoiloff found NaN part.temperature on sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-125-2 (Part)

[ERR 20:25:33.642] RF: CalculateTankBoiloff found NaN part.temperature on sspx-core-1875-1 (Part)

[ERR 20:25:33.642] RF: CalculateTankBoiloff found NaN part.temperature on sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-125-2 (Part)

Hi :) I haven't played RO in a very long while and I notice it now fully hides non-RO compatible parts. I remember there was a "Where are my parts" section in the github Wiki but I can't find it. I think I remember something about a workaround that had to do with creating an empty folder within the Gamedata folder but I can't recall the specifics.

Would you be so kind as to instruct me how to see non-RO parts in the editors? Thanks in advance.

Edited by hypervelocity

On 5/2/2022 at 1:37 AM, hypervelocity said:

Hi :) I haven't played RO in a very long while and I notice it now fully hides non-RO compatible parts. I remember there was a "Where are my parts" section in the github Wiki but I can't find it. I think I remember something about a workaround that had to do with creating an empty folder within the Gamedata folder but I can't recall the specifics.

Would you be so kind as to instruct me how to see non-RO parts in the editors? Thanks in advance.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Advanced-Install-for-1.10.1

If you want to clean up your parts list in the VAB, make empty folders called NoNonRO and NoNonRP0 in your GameData folder to hide parts not properly setup for RO and RP1. If you've already launched KSP (as you should have, to verify installation), delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache in GameData to force ModuleManager to regenerate its configs.

55 minutes ago, mwg_test said:

If you want to clean up your parts list in the VAB, make empty folders called NoNonRO and NoNonRP0 in your GameData folder to hide parts not properly setup for RO and RP1. If you've already launched KSP (as you should have, to verify installation), delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache in GameData to force ModuleManager to regenerate its configs.

thanks @mwg_test!!! any clue on how to reverse this? I do not have these folders in my GameData but I still cannot see non-RO parts :(

EDIT: resolved, I am using RP-1's Express Install and there is a cfg in its folder that hides the parts. Removing the cfg does what I intended

Edited by hypervelocity

I am attempting to find the real life fission reactors for space craft.  The Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators are right where they're supposed to be but I can't find the fission reactor generators: SNAP-10a, BES-5, TOPAZ, TOPAZ-II?  Is there a mod I'm missing or have the configuration files for thermionic reactors just not yet been written?

On 5/10/2022 at 7:54 AM, Yaivenov said:

I am attempting to find the real life fission reactors for space craft.  The Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators are right where they're supposed to be but I can't find the fission reactor generators: SNAP-10a, BES-5, TOPAZ, TOPAZ-II?  Is there a mod I'm missing or have the configuration files for thermionic reactors just not yet been written?

These reactors are from Nertea's Near Future Electric mod. You need to install it manually and do not install Dynamic Battery Storage.

More information in the Realism Overhaul discord, use the search function there to search for related posts.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:32 PM, hypervelocity said:

thanks @mwg_test!!! any clue on how to reverse this? I do not have these folders in my GameData but I still cannot see non-RO parts :(

EDIT: resolved, I am using RP-1's Express Install and there is a cfg in its folder that hides the parts. Removing the cfg does what I intended

@hypervelocityHello, I'm having problem seeing some parts that should be implemented in the express installation of RP express, specifically I'm talking about the kerbalism Greenhouse and Gravity ring, your problem sounds similar to what I have and so hope you can be more specific on what you did to solve it.

In older version of KSP and RO I had them properly visible, but now in 1.12 they are noway to be found in the VAB. I also checked my folders to see if the files were missing but it's not the case. Said this my guess is I too have to change some configuration file to make all the non-RO parts visible (the non-RO tech tree node is empty differently from previous versions), but I have no idea what I should touch and don't want to go by trial and error.

@Antares777 The gravity-ring and greenhouse are not supported in RO. The RealismOverhaulConfig for Kerbalism disables the greenhouse by changing its file extension from .cfg to .disabled (its probably also missing all the configuration settings to set the part up correctly). The gravity ring is missing entirely (no folder in KerbalismConfig/Parts). Configs would need to be written to get either part to work.

Thank you for your reply, eventhough this news is a bummer as by the kerbalism guide I see no other way to generate food for long missions and colonies.

I may be asking another redundant thing, but why I can't see the robotic parts from the Breaking Ground DLC? Are they not supported too? There's a way to make them appeat and use at my own risk?

16 minutes ago, Antares777 said:

Thank you for your reply, eventhough this news is a bummer as by the kerbalism guide I see no other way to generate food for long missions and colonies.

I may be asking another redundant thing, but why I can't see the robotic parts from the Breaking Ground DLC? Are they not supported too? There's a way to make them appeat and use at my own risk?

Most of the parts from the DLCs are also unsupported.

From memory deleting or disabling the file GameData\RP-1-ExpressInstall\RP-1Express.cfg should allow unsupported parts to load.  

Quick question here, excuse me if it is RO related:

My setup is standard KSP + RSS/RO. All latest available versions from CKAN.

When I look at this line of code: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/LR79_Config.cfg#L288-L302

I expect thrust for LR79 to be 850 in the game, when I search my config files, there is nothing else modifying LR79 thrust in my GameData folder. So I apply this patch:

@PART[*]:HAS[#engineType[LR79]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
  {
    @CONFIG[LR79-NA-11]
      {
        @minThrust  = 50
    @ignitions = 20
    @throttleLocked = false
    @description = Main engine for MB-3-II propulsion system - xyz
      }
  }
}

Basically, I am trying to enable throttling, but none of this config gets applied, including the description.

I also would like to do for LR87, so I head to https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/LR87_X2_Config.cfg#L402-L409

This one is more confusing, it specified a min/maxThrust of 1016, but in the game it is 2032, no idea where the multiplication happens, in any case a similar patch has no effect on it at all.

I appreciate if one of you can clarify the confusion.