SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

45 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Tbf, if Starship keeps flying for a longtime, there might not be another launcher that flies out of Pad 39A, save for Starship Heavy.

I'll admit to some nervousness about our pace of flight.  On the one hand, its fantastic.  On the other, I hope Falcon and associated launches are basically running as a nearly completely autonomous group that isn't under the pressure to develop SS.  So long as they're getting the rest they need, the rockets are getting the Q&A work done properly and no corners are being cut - I think its fine for Falcon to do Falcon things and the SS group to push as hard as they feel necessary.

But if there is bleed-through, where the SS development stress is affecting the Falcon program...

Color me a bit anxious.  

13 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'll admit to some nervousness about our pace of flight.  On the one hand, its fantastic.  On the other, I hope Falcon and associated launches are basically running as a nearly completely autonomous group that isn't under the pressure to develop SS.  So long as they're getting the rest they need, the rockets are getting the Q&A work done properly and no corners are being cut - I think its fine for Falcon to do Falcon things and the SS group to push as hard as they feel necessary.

But if there is bleed-through, where the SS development stress is affecting the Falcon program...

Color me a bit anxious.  

Think its more that building infrastructure take time, pad 39A will also be interrupted by launches not under the SS group control. 
Say its also more challenging because you have to build around existing infrastructure. 

9 hours ago, magnemoe said:

infrastructure

I'm wondering whether they should be working on anything but tanks and fuel infrastructure before they learn something about the launch, and how the Boca Chica tower works/doesn't.

No sense setting steel into concrete until you know you have what you need.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm wondering whether they should be working on anything but tanks and fuel infrastructure before they learn something about the launch, and how the Boca Chica tower works/doesn't.

No sense setting steel into concrete until you know you have what you need.

Think they have figured out the basic for the launch mount, the launch tower is something they might want to tweak. 
But yes they will need tank farms for the much larger craft and vertical integration, servicing and storage facilities who can handle an hurricane. 

Day late and a dollar short, NBC News joins the party. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/disgruntled-neighbors-dwindling-shorebirds-jeopardize-spacex-expansion-rcna7792

Okay, there is nothing short about the article. 

It's a meandering take on SX, Boca Chica and the environmental review. 

Favorite theme is 'SX won't buy me another Beach View house somewhere else... They only offer me at or above the value of my home.  I want more but I think the commissioner is out to get me. Sadface. "

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli