[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

14 minutes ago, Well said:

i'm not going to include Soyuz dock to my knes mod. I've made the top adapter with many variant for many possibilies.

screenshot0.jpg

btw on this view, we could see Tantares EndCap made by @Beale  he allow me to use them, wich is awesome ! Saving time for me to make eventually more parts.

I pity the kerbal engineers who have to think on design cargo package who can pass via the 0.625 docking port:D.

The service module will go wonderfully with the "pandora" capsule of near future spacecraft mod, for making a "CTV" like craft.

And with a new set of solar pannel, we have the moon cruiser...

Can't wait to play lego with it!!

A little Recreation of the Solaris space station concept from 1981:

The idea was to have a manufacturing plant in orbit to produce advanced material and pharmaceutical products in micro-gravity that can be load into unnamed cargo return vehicle.

un9Do6Xm.jpgNlZknLgm.jpg

Spoiler

Featuring Minos Cargo approaching:

tWnuaZF.jpg

including: remote tv camera and arm manipulator.

ERvk7kE.jpg

Djf05ES.jpg

X6aFdZC.jpg

And a evolved manned station with the Crystallization Facility Module "Eternity", include a very,very early version of hermes:

0SHo6qg.jpg

WUK89kW.jpg

jFwc15T.jpg

Solaris in Ariane 4 Fairing:

d47TQes.jpg

13 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

The idea was to have a manufacturing plant in orbit to produce advanced material and pharmaceutical products in micro-gravity that can be load into unnamed cargo return vehicle.

ERvk7kE.jpg

Amazing work on this one! i think you are the first to reproduce the Solaris System in KSP, maybe even on computer actually! Congrats.

That really awesome! i've never found the time to try to reproduce that.

-------------------------------------

I've found more info irl about Solaris, wich could make me rework on it one day... to make it the real scale this time ( ~2.5m )  4m irl

Edited by Well

7 hours ago, Well said:

Amazing work on this one! i think you are the first to reproduce the Solaris System in KSP, maybe even on computer actually! Congrats.

That really awesome! i've never found the time to try to reproduce that.

-------------------------------------

I've found more info irl about Solaris, wich could make me rework on it one day... to make it the real scale this time ( ~2.5m )  4m irl

Thanks. Near Future Exploration part are good for making structural part of little/medium space station.

Using Minotaur cargo on calypso launcher, the station have a income of 19730:funds:. It's a good for career beginner.

By the way, when using pathfinder patch, the patched Minotaur Pod can't transport crystal anymore. I don't know how to add ressource to wildblue "reconfigure storage" so i make a copy of the cargo pod to have both version.

22 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

@josselin2196Strange, picture of Solaris i have seen don't look like that.

@Well Are you going to include the recoverable canceled version of ATV?

25 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

@josselin2196Strange, picture of Solaris i have seen don't look like that.

Solaris concept evolved multiple time over time.

For exemple:

vlJ5ioo.png

However experiment on crystal made on spacelab shown than crystal and pharmaceutical make in space was not lucrative so solaris was canceled.

If you are interested by French/european space station concept, i have a album of it:

https://imgur.com/a/D9RFkzf

Edited by josselin2196

Solaris is a more larger program than this early capsule/station. Solaris was more an idea... a sort of end goal. A program to develop every part needed to exploration / industrial / commercial use of space. This Crystal growing station and cargo vehicle was just the fisrt step for other vehicle.

sadly we don't really have precise view of the Solaris Cargo Capsule. i have some shematic view, but wich not really match writed data/read i have about it.

The main issue i have with Solaris, is official data said the vehicle have 2 docking port! Wich is hard to think about it, that change a lot the design, and don't actually exist... on other concept, a sort of Soviet TKS with rear dock AND front dock. wich is interesting.

For ATV evolution MTFF/ STEAM station or other Hermes, i'm just too busy to think about that. STep by Step, maybe i could add more parts later.

ATV was not even planned at first

16 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

By the way, when using pathfinder patch, the patched Minotaur Pod can't transport crystal anymore. I don't know how to add ressource to wildblue "reconfigure storage" so i make a copy of the cargo pod to have both version.

Hum... i suppose the patch overwrite the crystal ressources. I don't have made this patch, i need to take a look, many thanks for this review, i will investigate.

All patch compatibility are actually pretty old, and probably need a review.

KIS patch is probably ok, Tweakscale need a lot of work, pathfinder i don't know

for patfinder i've noticed the line "resourcesToKeep =" i need to ask Angel, but i probably need to put crystals here

17 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

@Well Are you going to include the recoverable canceled version of ATV?

10 hours ago, Well said:

For ATV evolution MTFF/ STEAM station or other Hermes, i'm just too busy to think about that. STep by Step, maybe i could add more parts later.

ATV was not even planned at first

funny things, with ATV part, it's possible to remake many ATV derivative.

With knes only and a scale up minotaur cargo pod, you have the ARV:

Spoiler

QPTDJbQ.png

r7IWCPO.pngzlDPkxH.png

R3k2yuJ.jpg

While waiting for future module, we have:

With hab tech 1, the LEO station node version:

Spoiler

ATV-VAC_node_version_pillars.jpg

q284Mhm.png3lgHyfD.jpg

BhKu3i9.jpg

and with pandora pod of near future, a vaguely CTV:

Spoiler

acts_leo_1.jpg

YaCcRQe.pngtEz9iKt.jpg_

All craft are make with WIP part on knes github in rush.

Edited by josselin2196

6 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

funny things, with ATV part, it's possible to remake many ATV derivative.

yeah, ATV are going to allow many other spacecraft/derivative with you play "lego" a little with other mod. I've set many variant to the top adapter to allow even more possibility. Could be also interesting to play lego with MRK parts.

That why for now they are not in my "hight" priority. I really need to finish ATV before thinking to other parts.

Also i don't know if 1.10 are going to broke something. I need to admit i could love to have bigger module with this new ATV "comfy" style, maybe MTFF.

5 hours ago, Well said:

All patch compatibility are actually pretty old, and probably need a review.

KIS patch is probably ok, Tweakscale need a lot of work, pathfinder i don't know

I'm working on supporting KIS on TweakScale, and a lot of things had changed, perhaps not knowing how it would affect configs.

About TweakScale, perhaps I may be of assistance? I'm doing a lot of work lately (due the Companion Program), I can help.

Cheers!

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

I'm working on supporting KIS on TweakScale, and a lot of things had changed, perhaps not knowing how it would affect configs.

About TweakScale, perhaps I may be of assistance? I'm doing a lot of work lately (due the Companion Program), I can help.

Cheers!

Many thanks, all help is welcome if you think you are motivate for that. Anyway i don't have planned to work on this patch before a long time. I just can't by myself.

You could find the Tweakscale patch in my Github repo. If people want to help all compatibility patch are here:  https://github.com/AstroWell/Knes/tree/master/GameData/Knes/Compatibility

I think only Pathfinder and Tweakscale need a review.

9 hours ago, Well said:

You could find the Tweakscale patch in my Github repo. If people want to help all compatibility patch are here:  https://github.com/AstroWell/Knes/tree/master/GameData/Knes/Compatibility

Just some questions:

• Some parts have a leading "_" on it. There's some reason for it?
  • Bulkhead Profiles of the parts have a number ("2", etc) on it, instead of "size2" as I expect. It's intentional? Would not be better to use "size2", or assuming you have your own metrical standards, "knes_size2"?

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

Just some questions:

• Some parts have a leading "_" on it. There's some reason for it?
  • Bulkhead Profiles of the parts have a number ("2", etc) on it, instead of "size2" as I expect. It's intentional? Would not be better to use "size2", or assuming you have your own metrical standards, "knes_size2"?

i generally use "_" to make cfg files more easy to find inside folder, just an habits.

SAdly i'm not sure Bulkhead Profiles are good for all parts. I have many parts, and sometimes i forgot to set those.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:48 PM, josselin2196 said:

If you are interested by French/european space station concept, i have a album of it:

https://imgur.com/a/D9RFkzf

French and ESA were pretty busy, i wonder how things could have turned, if french stay alone and do not have to deal with early ESA cooperation mess.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, Well said:

yeah, ATV are going to allow many other spacecraft/derivative with you play "lego" a little with other mod. I've set many variant to the top adapter to allow even more possibility. Could be also interesting to play lego with MRK parts.

That why for now they are not in my "hight" priority. I really need to finish ATV before thinking to other parts.

Also i don't know if 1.10 are going to broke something. I need to admit i could love to have bigger module with this new ATV "comfy" style, maybe MTFF.

Just how many ATV derivative was studied out there?