[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

[snip]  Please respect modders and players in this forum. If you don't like my mod, don't play with it.

I have already too much problem in my life. I can't read those sort of comment every day. So you now masked/bloked for me sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for people posting screenshot and picture or even just useful comment here, my thread is not really popular, and your comment are generally the only "review" i have for my work. Screesnhot and picture of concept are really useful to show what could be done with those parts, that take a lot of time, and i don't really have the time to do that. And even better, screenshot make me happy, all those concept or mission player have made is the best "thanks" i could get.

So many thanks again.

giphy.gif

Edited by James Kerman
redacted by a moderator

On 6/21/2020 at 6:13 PM, Well said:

i'm not sure what to do with the pressurised module, because cargo in game are really useless

Add a B9 module like in SSPXr containers, please, or just some life support capacity

2 hours ago, NiL said:

Add a B9 module like in SSPXr containers, please, or just some life support capacity

This interest me but i've never do that and that look too much work for now. Not my priority.

You are welcome to made a patch compatibilty for those part if you want.

https://github.com/AstroWell/Knes

----------------------------------------------------------

Today i've made some "simplyfied" IVA for those new parts

EbmqkJjWoAA9Qa-?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

3 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Comrades, we combine efforts!  Behold MIR!

I think MIR and European module are more prettier than american ISS module. I don't know why but american made module are boring.

Edited by RocketFowl

3 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

I think MIR and European module are more prettier than american ISS module. I don't know why but american made module are boring.

Technically, Skylab was the sole american made space station/module. Every pressurized module of ISS prior russian, kibo, and beam was made by ESA. Even the spacelab module of space shuttle was European made. Oh, and don't forget the pressurized section of the Cygnus. ESA is not the more known for her communication sadly. 

NASA get ride of everything when making space shuttle, loosing a mass of knowledge and engineer, they consider that Rocket was obsolete. Massive cut on budget doesn't help. This is why NASA has gone for ISS instead of freedom, they need external knowledge.

Fortunately, URSS collapse and they have there cooperation ( more like buying it). For ESA, it's was more difficult. Relation between the two agency where bad In the 80-90's. NASA refuse all ESA plan for autonomous Columbus Space Station for freedom and cancel multiple cooperation deep-space probe project (ESA was very liquided of because they learned about the cancellation in the press). Relation improved after Cassini program ( was not easy ).

So we can tell that ESA is very,very,very good with habitable, pressurized module

yet WHY we don't have any independent access to space!!!!!

I'm glad i can make my alternate history  in KSP with knes.

Be calm and eat milk-bar snack on your WIP moon village. 

8UL7USv.jpg

2 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

Technically, Skylab was the sole american made space station/module. Every pressurized module of ISS prior russian, kibo, and beam was made by ESA. Even the spacelab module of space shuttle was European made. Oh, and don't forget the pressurized section of the Cygnus.

Wellll, we learn thing every day, i didn't ESA made so many to the station prior columbus and ATV.

3 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

Be calm and eat milk-bar snack on your WIP moon village. 

8UL7USv.jpg

I want this snack!!!!

15 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

I want this snack!!!!

included in the next update ( planned to be maybe included one day in KIS, i keep it in my mod until this day )

--------------------------------------

Added some props on those IVA, checked the Techtree and fixed some other little things. The update is ready now i think, until 1.10 broke something.

If everything is fine in 1.10,  update planned really soon.

screenshot9.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot8.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot5.jpg

22 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

Technically, Skylab was the sole american made space station/module. Every pressurized module of ISS prior russian, kibo, and beam was made by ESA.

You are forgetting that Unity, Destiny, the Quest Airlock were made by Boeing.

9 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

You are forgetting that Unity, Destiny, the Quest Airlock were made by Boeing.

my mistake.

@Well If someone is interested, i made a patch for Procedural fairing, adding a copie of each fairing but with the procedural fairing module:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chrsf6rqlxgnk4e

Edited by josselin2196

@Well Apparently the modification of the tweakscale patch break some craft. Every craft who has been saved with the precedent tweakscale patch has some part changed size to 10%. It's does not cause problem to craft saves without tweakscale (vanilla). Here a example of some broken craft:

Spoiler

CYGPzjq.jpg

edhgwqt.jpg

The problem is solved by resize part to normal size. It's a little bit tricky with very little part but manageable.

sum: The new craft make the new patch are completely safe, only old craft saved with tweakscale and older patch enabled are affected. 

Edited by josselin2196

4 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

@Well Apparently the modification of the tweakscale patch break some craft. Every craft who has been saved with the precedent tweakscale patch has some part changed size to 10%. It's does not cause problem to craft saves without tweakscale (vanilla). Here a example of some broken craft:

Reveal hidden contents

CYGPzjq.jpg

edhgwqt.jpg

The problem is solved by resize part to normal size. It's a little bit tricky with very little part but manageable.

sum: The new craft make the new patch are completely safe, only old craft saved with tweakscale and older patch enabled are affected. 

@Lisias have made an awesome job with this patch, i think that just because it was completely wrong before. So i'm sorry but i don't think i could do something for that. 

40 minutes ago, Well said:

@Lisias have made an awesome job with this patch, i think that just because it was completely wrong before. So i'm sorry but i don't think i could do something for that. 

it's not a big deal, it's easy to repair craft.

( mumble.... where this dammit pushotron go).

When i see the change of size at first, i was thinking that all mod part was affected and was a little worried:/.

1 hour ago, Well said:

What doesn't means that I may not had borked somewhere.

However, from about 16 parts, KNES now have 188 :0.0: parts (last time I counted, new parts were introduced while I was working on the patches!) - so I think we have something else on the equation. There're about 170 parts that were not being scaled, they can't be broken now.

Unless...

1 hour ago, josselin2196 said:

@Well Apparently the modification of the tweakscale patch break some craft. Every craft who has been saved with the precedent tweakscale patch has some part changed size to 10%. It's does not cause problem to craft saves without tweakscale (vanilla).

The original patches were tweakscaling only about 16 or 17 parts - there're more than a hundred and a half more parts being scaled now. I think it's somewhat improbable that every legacy craft is borking because of that 16 ones - mainly because they were not wrong, I kept the same defaultScale and scale type for these ones (or at least, I intended to do so, I will double check them just in case).

What I think it's happening is that, now, the "canon" TweakScale patches on Knes takes precedence above others - so I'm guessing that you had installed previously some other Add'On or custom patches that were shoving "free" scale type on every part, and now that Knes have proper patches, the crafts suddenly had the parts using a receipt - and the older values didn't coped with the new receipt.

I would need to check your KSP.log before you applied the new patches, and a new one after, so I can see what's happening.

4 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

it's not a big deal, it's easy to repair craft.

But if it happened to you, it may happens to other people too. So if you could send me a KSP.log without the new TweakScale patches I will be grateful!

Edited by Lisias
brute force post merging

18 hours ago, Lisias said:

What I think it's happening is that, now, the "canon" TweakScale patches on Knes takes precedence above others - so I'm guessing that you had installed previously some other Add'On or custom patches that were shoving "free" scale type on every part, and now that Knes have proper patches, the crafts suddenly had the parts using a receipt - and the older values didn't coped with the new receipt.

I think, i found the culprit. i found this config file from another mod:

@PART[K*]:HAS[!MODULE[TweakScale]]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
    }
}

I'm not familiar with tweakscale module, but i know that module manager config have include this module on every part with a "K" at first character. I think it's the free scale type you talk about. 

15 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

I think, i found the culprit. i found this config file from another mod:

@PART[K*]:HAS[!MODULE[TweakScale]]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
    }
}

I'm not familiar with tweakscale module, but i know that module manager config have include this module on every part with a "K" at first character. I think it's the free scale type you talk about. 

Yes! You found it! And... UGH. It's worse than I though - it's the other way around!

This patch is changing every TweakScale part those name starts with an "K" to stack. Problem: it ignores the defaultScale!

So parts that where free are being patched with stack without a defaultScale! So the ScaleType's default one is used instead, what's not always what you would want... Mainly on a free type that uses Percentage for scale, and suddenly have an absolute metric value (1.25 M would be used as 1.25 % - way below the bottom threshold of 3% on TweakScale, by the way).

Well, open a ticket to that Add'On's maintainer and ask him to fix this. You just saw what this can do. (be aware that by fixing this, your crafts will be broken again...)

Edited by Lisias
Kinda typo.

Let me add more parts before update, a bigger crystalfactory with IVA

screenshot5.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

And @josselin2196 i've noticed the tweakscale Cargo Pod on your screenshot, i suppose that for recover more Crystal, so i've decided to add a Cargo variant of the MRK pod, and realised by the way than that could allow a sort of Solaris design at a more accurate scale, 2.5m Launched by Ariane 44L irl.  Can't wait to play arround this design, also with crewed variant. The nice thing is the fact the retrograde engine work perfectly for Solaris with the rear dock!

screenshot7.jpg

1 hour ago, Well said:

And @josselin2196 i've noticed the tweakscale Cargo Pod on your screenshot, i suppose that for recover more Crystal, so i've decided to add a Cargo variant of the MRK pod, and realised by the way than that could allow a sort of Solaris design at a more accurate scale, 2.5m Launched by Ariane 44L irl.  Can't wait to play arround this design, also with crewed variant. The nice thing is the fact the retrograde engine work perfectly for Solaris with the rear dock!

screenshot7.jpg

This will be a nice addition to my collection....

I was inspired with node ATV:

1jbmFlt.jpg

Spoiler

in a alternate history where NASA cut found to ISS in 2016 in profit of Constellation Program. A node version of ATV was used for "garage" Columbus and Kibo since ESA and JAXA wanted to reuse them.

7knHnPi.jpg

42IUG9x.jpg

f6ofjZM.jpg

it was supposed to be a temporary solution but it was decided to use it as a base for a larger station. For this purpose, an energy module was added:

bMpe4R2.jpg

The station was crewed by Star rider and Fuji craft

SwoiXk1.jpg

sJicC0x.jpg

The ATV rear hatch can be use for cargo use.

m6MoOYv.jpg

Complete Station:

l3xuwQo.jpg

I run into some problem with tweakscale ( :( Sorry! again..). I make a clean install with only some mod for testing, i look all part. Here the error i encounter:

The tweakscale patch do not seem to apply to this part:

• ATV "LeMaitre" Nose adapter ( _Knes_ATV_Adapter )
  • ATV "Daninci" Adapter ( _Knes_ATV_Flat_Adapter )
  • small "MiraGino" Pressurised Module ( _Knes_STEAM_125_cargo )
  • MRK Launch escape tower ( _Knes_mrk_LES )

These part do not have patch implemented ( probably because they are new part, i put in there in case of forgotten part):

• Steam "Blamont" Pressured Module ( _Knes_STEAM_Cargo_Tank )
  • Steam "Vesta" power module ( _Knes_STEAM_Power_Module )
  • Steam "Caravelle" node module ( _Knes_STEAM_Node )

Here the logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r43on43erb1lqpu/KSP.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

I run into some problem with tweakscale ( :( Sorry! again..). I make a clean install with only some mod for testing, i look all part. Here the error i encounter:

The tweakscale patch do not seem to apply to this part:

• ATV "LeMaitre" Nose adapter ( _Knes_ATV_Adapter )
  • ATV "Daninci" Adapter ( _Knes_ATV_Flat_Adapter )
  • small "MiraGino" Pressurised Module ( _Knes_STEAM_125_cargo )
  • MRK Launch escape tower ( _Knes_mrk_LES )

These part do not have patch implemented ( probably because they are new part, i put in there in case of forgotten part):

• Steam "Blamont" Pressured Module ( _Knes_STEAM_Cargo_Tank )
  • Steam "Vesta" power module ( _Knes_STEAM_Power_Module )
  • Steam "Caravelle" node module ( _Knes_STEAM_Node )

Here the logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r43on43erb1lqpu/KSP.log?dl=0

I think @Lisias have said something about Variant with Mass added, not implemented yet in tweakscale.

Maybe also something about the "_" i use on config file.

I'm going to take a look if i could, but generally every time i touch this patch i make mistake :blush:

Lisias is already really busy with the new KSP update. You need also to understand tweakscale was never really supported, the Only patch included was made by me really long time ago when Knes have something like 20 Parts. I also need to admit i don't like to play with Tweakscale, i include this patch just because i know some people could be interested, but of course for a big part mod like Knes, that take some times to have a clean patch.

So i know that maybe not the way you love to play, but could try to play without tweakscale until the patch is ready? Or help us to fix, but please we need time? I'm already busy trying to fix all little bugs caused by KSP 1.10 Update. included Fairings.