[1.12.x] Through The Eyes of a Kerbal

linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, so this is a feature request.

not sure if it can be done easily, and not a high priority right now, sorry

Yeah I guess it is (I trough it was already in the mod):D. Oh well, I know you have tons of mods under your belt and this is a fairly small mod, so Its understandable :P

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 2:12 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.0.3.1

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

incredible, i remember this mod being on my sights just when i first got into KSP, and now I see one of the one and only pro devs reviving it

legendary af man

Will there be a more indepth config file in the future?

its practically difficult in modern day kerbal, since the "I" key for example opens up building menu for the engineer,
and lets say one uses KIS, "H" key is detaching.

Mod is sexy af but without modification even on stock its a bit tough with the limitation of keys

Edited by Alexsys

5 hours ago, Alexsys said:

incredible, i remember this mod being on my sights just when i first got into KSP, and now I see one of the one and only pro devs reviving it

legendary af man

I adopted it 4 years ago

5 hours ago, Alexsys said:

Will there be a more indepth config file in the future?

its practically difficult in modern day kerbal, since the "I" key for example opens up building menu for the engineer,
and lets say one uses KIS, "H" key is detaching.

No plans at this time to make any changes, possibly sometime in the future, but for me, this is a low priority project.

It uses the stock keys for the translation, I suppose I could spend some time to add new settings, but those stock keys will interfere on normal eva as well, my fixing this mod won't fix the base problem.  I'd suggest changing the stock keys (settings.cfg in the main game directory) to fix it for all situations

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 12:53 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

If using those features the Part Commander mod is recommended to have access to right-click menu actions from within IVA or first person EVA.

As I cannot access the inventory this way I don't know how to deploy ground science.

Last year - before hiatus - I was able to move the view so much that I was able to righ-click the inside of the helmet to get the Kerbal's own PAW  - this is not possible anymore.

• 3 months later...

Is there another mod like this that allows me to see through the eyes of a kerbal while they are sitting in an external command seat? I have built a lot of trucks that use those seats, and I want to feel like I'm in the seat, driving.

• 5 weeks later...

I am having a problem, the mod works fine, except it doesn't. Whenever I select first person mod, the textures that flicking like crazy, as soon as I get out of first person mod everything comes back to normal.

Is there an incompatibility with Hullcam similar feature perhaps?

On 4/12/2022 at 11:57 AM, Sesshaku said:

I am having a problem, the mod works fine, except it doesn't. Whenever I select first person mod, the textures that flicking like crazy, as soon as I get out of first person mod everything comes back to normal.

No logs, no support

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 6:57 PM, Sesshaku said:

On 4/13/2022 at 8:04 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support

I've made an Issue submission on github on the same issue's behalf :)

video logs and all, should be gucci

• 2 months later...

New release, 2.0.3.2

• Thanks to JonnyOThan for these fixes:
    • hide female heads properly
    • camera near/far plane ratio needs to stay consistent 
    • Expose near plane distance so other mods can configure it
    • bump out the near plane distance a little so that this doesn't limit the far distance so much

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New release, 2.0.4.1

• Thanks to user @JonnyOThan for this:
    • Use InternalCam for first person
      • Certain graphics mods like EVE and Scatterer rely on the localspace camera for drawing effects like clouds and atmosphere when in low orbit. The existing implementation of pulling the camera's near and far planes closer was resulting in those effects getting clipped

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...