[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

Thanks. that "eventually" was quick. :wink:

But if was fixed in the VAB only. The same table on the LaunchPad show the same error. :(

Was that table described anywhere?
p.s. Found this:

Spoiler

KeySets are assignable to a sub-ship and change depending on which is in control and how they would work in your situation is as follows:

KeySet1: Keys 1 through 10 activate groups 1 through 10. (Default, the keyset all your ships are currently using.)

KeySet2: Keys 1 through 10 activate groups 11 though 20. (You would have to set this up.)

Then assign the actions you want to activate in group 3 on the first ship to group 3 and group 13 on the second ship. Then assign KeySet1 to the first ship and KeySet2 to the second ship.

Now, when you press the 3 key it activates either group 3 or 13 depending on which sub-ship has control and is automatic once you get the KeySets setup on the appropriate sub-ships.

If you want to experiment the KeySets are accessed by the button in the bottom right of the main window, it displays "KeySet1" by default as the first keyset is that.

To assign a KeySet, it's the bottom right button in the main window, it probably says KeySet1 if you have not messed around with it before. Once a vessel is assigned a different keyset, assign keys as normal, all vessels that use that same keyset will now use those keys to activate action groups. You can also rename the 5 available KeySets if you wish.

The purpose of keysets is to make the most of your keyboard keys while avoiding conflicts. A typical use would be:

Mothership: Uses action groups 1 through 10 for it's actions.

Lander that docks to the mothership: Uses action groups 11 through 20 for it's actions to avoid conflicts while docked so you don't activate actions on both the mothership and lander by activating one action group.

Keyset 1: Bind keyboard keys 1 through 10 to action groups 1 through 10 for use while flying the mothership.

Keyset 2: Bind keyboard keys 1 through 10 to action groups 11 through 20 for use while flying the lander.

This way, you can swap key sets with a couple mouse clicks (if fact, if you set the keyset on the lander before docking, it will remember it when you undock). By swapping the keysets, you "increase" your available keys on the keyboard you can use for actions.

Another edit:

Found this Book with good explanation.

@linuxgurugamer , would you add it to the opening post as a helpful info?

Edited by Sebra

Man you are some sort of wizard or something! I love your mods! I was growing increasingly frustrated with not be able to mess with my action groups (Or remember what I set where) and then you come along and update this mod :D You're the best bud, thanks for all your hard work.

I'm using 2.3.3.4 .. it's .. completely broken.  If set action groups in VAB/SPH, then launch, all the assignments disappear.  Reverting to VAB/SPH, they're gone there too... so... my AGX assignments are being actively corrupted and/or deleted by this new version :(  please advise.

EDIT: Last version and all previous versions, which I've used for years, have all worked fine and not done this.

Edited by ss8913

I think I found a conceptual bug on AGex.

I built a space station, set AGs 8 to 0 to Toggle Navigation Lights, Toggle Fuel Cell Generators and Toggle All Solar Panels.

Then I built a Escape Vehicle, where AGs 8 and 9 match the station ones, but 0 toggles the service module's engine doors.

Everything works fine until I dock the vessel into the station. From this point on, "0" acts on the docked vessel's engine doors and not the solar panels.

I tried to "Control from Here" the station's command module. I tried to go back to the Tracking Station and then select again the Station to fly. No good.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour on AGex? It's something I'm doing wrong? It's something on the game, and so AGex is helpless on the issue?

Have you tried to use a different keyset on your escape vehicle? I guess, thats the perfect situation to use this feature.

On 6.11.2017 at 5:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

KeySets

The purpose of keysets is to make the most of your keyboard keys while avoiding conflicts. A typical use would be:

• Mothership: Uses action groups 1 through 10 for it's actions.
  • Lander that docks to the mothership: Uses action groups 11 through 20 for it's actions to avoid conflicts while docked so you don't activate actions on both the mothership and lander by activating one action group.

and the keysets would be:

• Keyset 1: Bind keyboard keys 1 through 10 to action groups 1 through 10 for use while flying the mothership.
  • Keyset 2: Bind keyboard keys 1 through 10 to action groups 11 through 20 for use while flying the lander.

This way, you can swap key sets with a couple mouse clicks (if fact, if you set the keyset on the lander before docking, it will remember it when you undock). By swapping the keysets, you "increase" your available keys on the keyboard you can use for actions.

KeySets are assignable to a sub-ship and change depending on which is in control and how they would work in your situation is as follows:

• KeySet1: Keys 1 through 10 activate groups 1 through 10. (Default, the keyset all your ships are currently using.)
  • KeySet2: Keys 1 through 10 activate groups 11 though 20. (You would have to set this up.)

Then assign the actions you want to activate in group 3 on the first ship to group 3 and group 13 on the second ship. Then assign KeySet1 to the first ship and KeySet2 to the second ship.

Now, when you press the 3 key it activates either group 3 or 13 depending on which sub-ship has control and is automatic once you get the KeySets setup on the appropriate sub-ships.

If you want to experiment the KeySets are accessed by the button in the bottom right of the main window, it displays "KeySet1" by default as the first keyset is that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, First of all, thank you for the mod, very appreciated.

the problem is that all seems working fine with 2.3.3.5 so I upgraded to 2.3.3.6 (playing with 1.4.3)... and the AGX icon disappeared from my screen! No way to find out the mod during my play. Reinstall 2.3.3.5 and all was fine again. I install 2.3.3.6 as the last, deleting the last version and copying the Dazzio folder into my KSP/ GameData folder. What dir I wrong?

Thank you

1 hour ago, LopoMetello said:

the problem is that all seems working fine with 2.3.3.5 so I upgraded to 2.3.3.6 (playing with 1.4.3)... and the AGX icon disappeared from my screen! No way to find out the mod during my play. Reinstall 2.3.3.5 and all was fine again. I install 2.3.3.6 as the last, deleting the last version and copying the Dazzio folder into my KSP/ GameData folder. What dir I wrong?

Thank you

Toolbar controller --- find the little wrench icon!

5 hours ago, LopoMetello said:

Thank you

Make sure you have the latest version of the ToolbatController installed

5 hours ago, LopoMetello said:

Yes, this problem happens with the 001_ToolControl-0.1.6.5 version installed which I believe it is the last version...

The open the ToolbarController and see what it is set to.

Otherwise, send me a log file to look at

3 hours ago, LopoMetello said:

Thank for helping, will try to provide what you ask for... I suppose I can fin these log files in the KSP folder.

I will send them to you as soon as this message will be accepted... I  need 5 messages to send private mails :-)

Post a link to a log file, dont post the file itself.  You can do that here

Looks like something incompatible with the current release of the ToolbarController.

First, please remove and reinstall the ToolbarController, and try again.

If that doesn't help, then wait a day until I get a new release of it out.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks like something incompatible with the current release of the ToolbarController.

First, please remove and reinstall the ToolbarController, and try again.

If that doesn't help, then wait a day until I get a new release of it out.

thanks for the fast reply.

i removed and reinstalled, and still does not work, same error.

so I will patiently wait for the new version of ToolbarController.

Thanks again for all you do ;)

Thanks man this mod is great. Much better than the stock functionality.

However, it took me quite some time to figure out how to make it work with two docked ships.
I would suggest a 'simple' mode for this problem. Each docked ship gets its own page (with just the standard Alpha1-Alpha10 bindings). That seems a lot more intuitive to me. Not sure how easy this is to implement though.

Edited by Nikecow
Multiple ships

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.