[1.9.x] Action Groups ReExtended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing.

linuxgurugamer

I will admit I just copied over things instead of doing my usual delete before install because I thought I was just adding some missing files but yea, still showing localization strings here too. Had it also when armageddon made the report but hadn't tried a re-install before making my own report

I'm not sure if it's worth noting or not, but I don't seem to have the problem in the flight scene. It's only been in the VAB for me. It all still works, I can edit/create action groups and all that, it's just the strings being shown...and even that, is only in the VAB. If that helps at all.

One of my favorite mods either way though. You do good work!

Edited by tm24fan8
Clarified vague-ish wording

First, a highly useful mod that simplifies my game experience tremendously.  Thanks to @Diazofor creating it and @linuxgurugamerfor maintaining it.

Suggestion:  To improve the UI slightly, given that group action part+command text in the Action window often runs off the right hand edge of the window (which is not sizable), you might consider removing the Action Group Description (or Title, if you will) since it already shows in the corresponding edit field in AGExt window.  This would save some space.  However, I do appreciate having all that information in one place, too.  Hmmm...conundrum.

Or, perhaps make the Action window sizable and horizontally scrollable when too narrow.

I also noted recently that in the main window (AGExt) the word "Show" and the StateVis button overlap the vertical scroll bar of the command list when that scrollbar is visible.  (Minor stuff but should you have nothing else to do...ha, ha, ha :D! Nothing else to do!!  I really crack myself up sometimes).

I have a bug I think.

The mod works well in the editor. Also when on the launch pad, the button is showing on Blizzy's toolbar.
But I don't see the window. When I hit key one, I do get the crew report as I assigned in the editor - so the action button works, but I can't see the window listing the buttons on screen. If I right click the AGX button in Blizzy's toolbar, I do see the editor window and the mod seems to function well.

So all in all, everything seems fine, but the window giving me information about the buttons I've assigned, and gives me the possibility to click the buttons, is missing.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvTGPhVqr_5ngqAdGmRcBef33x4UzA

Outputfile

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvTGPhVqr_5ngqAfV4aiFg1Hy4d7tQ

Edited by EasyAce

39 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

I have a bug I think.

The mod works well in the editor. Also when on the launch pad, the button is showing on Blizzy's toolbar.
But I don't see the window. When I hit key one, I do get the crew report as I assigned in the editor - so the action button works, but I can't see the window listing the buttons on screen. If I right click the AGX button in Blizzy's toolbar, I do see the editor window and the mod seems to function well.

So all in all, everything seems fine, but the window giving me information about the buttons I've assigned, and gives me the possibility to click the buttons, is missing.

Outputfile

Have you resized the game screen at all?

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Have you resized the game screen at all?

Resized the game screen? not sure what you mean.
I'm running 3440 x 1440. Not resizing anything else. 

Tell me what to try out and I will do so gladly

5 hours ago, EasyAce said:

I have a bug I think.

Outputfile

Just to make sure, have you tried left clicking the AGX button in Blizzy's toolbar? That should bring up the window you're looking for...

I have another problem. Installed last version of AGX (2.3.2.2). It works in the first time I start KSP. But after restart of KSP I have Laggs every 2 -3 seconds.
My Logs:

[links snipped]

And the settings of AGx:

[link snipped]

The problem: there isn`t anything to see in the logs and console (AltGR+F12) but the issue only appears with using of AGx.

Edited by Deddly

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

I have another problem. Installed last version of AGX (2.3.2.2). It works in the first time I start KSP. But after restart of KSP I have Laggs every 2 -3 seconds.
My Logs:

(deleted)

(deleted)

And the settings of AGx:

(deleted)

The problem: there isn`t anything to see in the logs and console (AltGR+F12) but the issue only appears with using of AGx.

Please use a different site, the web site came up as a malicious site, and your output_log.txt was an executable file.

I will NOT even try to download any of the others.

use Dropbox, Google Drive or another well-known way of transferring files

5 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Resized the game screen? not sure what you mean.
I'm running 3440 x 1440. Not resizing anything else. 

Tell me what to try out and I will do so gladly

Since you have the Blizzy toolbar running, try left-clicking or right-clicking the button for AGExt

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Please use a different site, the web site came up as a malicious site, and your output_log.txt was an executable file.

I will NOT even try to download any of the others.

use Dropbox, Google Drive or another well-known way of transferring files

I used www.file-upload.net as many imes before.

Here are my files on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/up40ubxtc8o6mkq/AACAG8CJWdcb4AgiKdA5O36Wa?dl=0

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

I used www.file-upload.net as many imes before.

Here are my files on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/up40ubxtc8o6mkq/AACAG8CJWdcb4AgiKdA5O36Wa?dl=0

Thanks for understanding.

I've gotten the files

@Cheesecake

While I'm pretty sure it isn't your problem, there is an update to ModuleManager which you should install, it fixes a bug.  You have 3.0.1 installed, it's up to 3.0.3

That being said, it's very strange, the error I'm seeing in your log file is as if the ModuleAGX isn't installed in a part in the editor, which is strange since it is put there at game start time.

Please upload your ModuleManager.configcache file.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I'm not familiar with the Infernal Robotics stuff, but if I'm reading this correctly, you have an old version of the IRSurfaceSampler, from what I see in the log file you have 1.0.1.5, what I found on Github seems to be 1.0.1.7

This dll is not being loaded due to it's need for KSPUtil, which was in an older version of KSP

On 11.2.2018 at 1:07 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks for understanding.

I've gotten the files

@Cheesecake

While I'm pretty sure it isn't your problem, there is an update to ModuleManager which you should install, it fixes a bug.  You have 3.0.1 installed, it's up to 3.0.3

That being said, it's very strange, the error I'm seeing in your log file is as if the ModuleAGX isn't installed in a part in the editor, which is strange since it is put there at game start time.

Please upload your ModuleManager.configcache file.

Oh, I missed this. Didn`t saw that there was a newer version. I install ModuleManager 3.0.4 now.

On 11.2.2018 at 1:53 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not familiar with the Infernal Robotics stuff, but if I'm reading this correctly, you have an old version of the IRSurfaceSampler, from what I see in the log file you have 1.0.1.5, what I found on Github seems to be 1.0.1.7

This dll is not being loaded due to it's need for KSPUtil, which was in an older version of KSP

Thanks for your help download the latest version now. Will test later.

Edit:

Tested it with updatet Mods, same issue as before. :( Here are the logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl79iism33d0y8q/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx1wpnx0ftgq62m/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Cheesecake

9 hours ago, b0ss said:

Like, is there say a button that will automatically add all existing solar panels/drills/etc. to an action group or do you have to add them all manually?

If the panels were added with symmetry, then they all show up when you click on one of the set.  If not, then you have to add them manually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.