Air Superiority Fighter Competition

1 hour ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Who would like to see a bracket-style contest between all craft

I think this would be best, this way it's more of a personal craft building competition rather than an action-reaction competition where you build specifically to counter the KoTH

4 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Which mods have issues?

If it is IR, then you have to download both files. If you are missing either, you can't load my craft or run it properly.

If it is FAR, i dunno, really. It is in Chinese from my KSP.

Looks like it was IR, but we're also not running FAR as it changes aerodynamics.

48 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

There is still my plane to run @HeroBrian_333 and @exbyde

Edit: nevermind, saw exbyde's comment saying the F-25 beat the taisch. I'm guessing other matches are coming next. I hope I'll be stealing the Bryntroll's spot for most maneuverable.

You can counter this by checking "clearance check" or whatever clearance is called in the competition menu

Yeah, i was feeling under the weather and had shtuff to do, so i limited myself on what i uploaded, and the match between the f-25 was 3rds and were longer than the others yesterday. Expect video posted later today, followed by remaining bracket fights, then followed by @[INDO]dimas_1502 F-15alike, then we will be done.

Edited by exbyde

59 minutes ago, l0kki said:

I would like to finally enter with the WunderWaffel III Ausf. G

https://kerbalx.com/l0kki/WunderWaffle-III-Ausf-G

Guy, please re-read my last couple of posts to you, all saying we are not accepting submissions yet. you even quoted me saying that a couple posts ago.

Edited by exbyde

7 hours ago, drtricky said:

@exbyde Do you remember specifics of round 2 of my Dorito vs the Bezerker Drones? Like how many on each side was killed, and how? (Gun, missile?)

It was 2-3, both battles were close. I can re-run for funsies after we get done with aimbots mig-alike and indo's f-15 if you want more info, as long as its not the 8v8. I want to say missile as gun kills on thr bezerker arent exactly common, as the turret constantly puts your aircraft on defense

Edited by exbyde

And so, to catch up with my work from last night, we have the close battle of the Taisch vs the F-25

This puts the Taisch off the board, and the F-25 on at No. 5

And for the second battle today, we have the Bertroll against the F-25. In  this first battle, we have head-on collisions, gratuitous gun kills, and me forgetting to turn off youtube in the background. This battle is not sponsored by Prozd, chairem animes, or crunchyroll. sorry.

In the second battle, the Bertrolls are surprisingly annihilated by missiles before all three f-25s synchronize gunfire on the final Bertroll, knocking it back to 5th place.

Edited by exbyde

AND FOR OUR THIRD BATTLE TODAY: For the number two slot, we have the up and coming, the bleeding edge of maneuverability, @NotAnAimbot's F-25. And in the other corner, we have BEEES! The Berzerker drone from @Earthlinger. So who will win, man vs machine?

In the first battle the F-25s make good use of their missile armament, something the Berzerker sorely lacks. But unfortunately, the Berzerkers have other plans, as only one aircraft is downed, requiring two strikes on the nose to bring down this remarkably small aircraft! After this, the guns on the Berzerker tear apart the F-25s.

In the second battle, the F-25s missiles are evaded, and the Berzerkers guns make quick work of the super-agile fighter, locking the F-25 into the #3 slot

And for the fourth battle today, we have @Thor Wotansen's Sanngrior taking on the newcomer KAI&PTDI KF/X IF/X from @[INDO]dimas_1502. Like Indo's last craft it is a stunning work of scale and realism, but can it fight?

In the first fight, we quickly learn that the IF/X has AIM-120s and no radar, meaning the aircraft has nice counterweights on the wings for some reason. In the fight, the Sanngrior toys with the last IF/X after shooting down the first and second

In the second fight, the IF/X once again succumbs quickly to the Sann's guns, locking it out of the rosters altogether.

At this point, the only aircraft left is the F-44 which i am having technical issues with running, and the Berkut AT1, which is a conflict of interest for me to test. So as it stands, here is the roster:
1. @drtricky's Flying Dorito
2. @Earthlinger's Berzerker Drones
3. @NotAnAimbot's F-25 Fencer
4. @Thor Wotansen's Bertroll Fighter
5. @Thor Wotansen's Sanngrior drone

If you look at the video, the berzerkers weren't on thw F-25's tail for a long time even once. If you replaced the turrets with fixed guns, the berzerker would probably have lost.

Is it really a fighter competition when the outcome depends purely on the weapoms mounted and not the plane itself? If so I could just submit a jumbo jet with turrets all around it and claim it's the best fighter ever without putting any effort other than making it fly straight.

1 minute ago, NotAnAimbot said:

If you look at the video, the berzerkers weren't on thw F-25's tail for a long time even once. If you replaced the turrets with fixed guns, the berzerker would probably have lost.

Is it really a fighter competition when the outcome depends purely on the weapoms mounted and not the plane itself? If so I could just submit a jumbo jet with turrets all around it and claim it's the best fighter ever without putting any effort other than making it fly straight.

we've been over this, i've personally communicated this with Hero. While i agree with you, the way you convey yourself here is aggravating at best. Hero seems to see a hole in the Berzerker's armor, and the Dorito has gotten through that hole. It's not impregnable, but it is a challenge.

4 minutes ago, exbyde said:

the Dorito has gotten through that hole. It's not impregnable, but it is a challenge.

Truth be told even I'm scratching my head thinking about how it got through that hole. 

Edited by drtricky

7 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

True.

3 minutes ago, exbyde said:

While i agree with you, the way you convey yourself here is aggravating at best

Not that true. If we're going to stifle criticism and suggestions for the rules of the challenge, then.....well

@HeroBrian_333 I'd like to recall the Berzerkers, if you don't mind. They're good planes, but their spot is undeserved in a competition like this one, where maneuverability is key.

1 minute ago, drtricky said:

Truth be told even I'm scratching my head thinking about how it got through that hole. 

At any rate, it's hero's decision, his opinion as of when he was given the results of the first battle between the Berzerker and the Be Gentle was to let it go. 

14 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Not that true. If we're going to stifle criticism and suggestions for the rules of the challenge, then.....well

@HeroBrian_333 I'd like to recall the Berzerkers, if you don't mind. They're good planes, but their spot is undeserved in a competition like this one, where maneuverability is key.

I'm not trying to stifle criticisms. If anything i'm trying to say the point has been made several times. When the berzerker had its first fight, Hero was made aware of the results before they were officially published here, and he said to let them ride. About a page of dialogue between 10 and 11 are on the viability and opness of these turrets, as mentioned by Aimbot after Hero said he would be putting them on a craft. Drtricky and I have both tested these turrets in that time, and i've indicated they were overpowered at the time. This isn't a new find, this isn't something that's been stifled in any way, i'm just trying to keep this about the air battles instead of a discussion on the morality of turrets that has been hashed out more than once.

At any rate, i'll be dropping the Berkut from competition as it is turreted.

3 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hmm... I’m debating whether or not to enter my F-42 Messor in this, with 50.cals covering it, or enter it how it is. It won’t have chance if I do the latter, but the former seems cheap.

We're currently on hiatus to new entries until 7pm tonight, so feel free to use the time to perfect your design. Be aware, depending on part count and number of turrets, your aircraft may be labeled (Super) and be faced off against only other super aircraft, such as the Monstron or AB-11

Edited by exbyde

1 minute ago, exbyde said:

I'm not trying to stifle criticisms. If anything i'm trying to say the point has been made several times. When the berzerker had its first fight, Hero was made aware of the results before they were officially published here, and he said to let them ride. About a page of dialogue between 10 and 11 are on the viability and opness of these turrets, as mentioned by Aimbot after Hero said he would be putting them on a craft. Drtricky and I have both tested these turrets in that time, and i've indicated they were overpowered at the time. This isn't a new find, this isn't something that's been stifled in any way, i'm just trying to keep this about the air battles instead of a discussion on the morality of turrets that has been hashed out more than once.

Okah

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hmm... I’m debating whether or not to enter my F-42 Messor in this, with 50.cals covering it, or enter it how it is. It won’t have chance if I do the latter, but the former seems cheap.

R&D!

Part of why the Berzerkers are effective is their small size. If I make something similar in size but with vulcans, then I should be fine for the next bout of matches :P

25 minutes ago, exbyde said:

we've been over this, i've personally communicated this with Hero. While i agree with you, the way you convey yourself here is aggravating at best. Hero seems to see a hole in the Berzerker's armor, and the Dorito has gotten through that hole. It's not impregnable, but it is a challenge.

The dorito fires 2 or more missiles by target instead of 1 (bda guard modr settings) and also has 3 vulcans instead of 2. Even then, ut lost in dogfights to the berzerker even if it was much more maneuverable, and had to kill it out of gun range with missile spam. Again, if it comes down to who can set the missile/target bar higher or mount the most turrets on his plane, there's not much use putting any work into the airframe itself.

I'll also be pulling out the F-25 from the roster until there are some rules restricting weapon usage.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

5 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

I'll also be pulling out the F-25 from the roster until there are some rules restricting weapon usage.

22 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

As both of these aircraft are on the roster and tested, it would not be fair to remove them, as it jeopardizes the results of previous matches. You're welcome to remove them from further competition, unless Hero feels otherwise, the roster will be as it stands.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.