Air Superiority Fighter Competition

Making an executive decision here. @FleshJeb's Thwop Thwop will receive the honorable mention for best looking, as BDA AI cannot handle stock helicopters.

Also Moses will take heaviest payload since it has more variety and Molestron:wink: will take fastest. Bryntröll will take most maneuverable until I can submit @Avera9eJoe's Volta XV Series.

And for the fourth match of the night we have

R1raY.gif

nah, but we have @Earthlinger's Bezerker drones, attempting to make a name by being the smallest aircraft with a turret, second only in size to the Sanngrior and with a lower part count no less. But with no missiles, can the Bezerker claim its spot from the grasp of @FleshJeb's Be Gentle? 

Off the runway, the Bezerker's movements seem very sluggish and tame, but those guns are anything but! The quad turrets on the Beezerker fill the sky with tracers, and after some maneuvering, knock the Be Gentle off the grid, 3-0.

In a second fight, we see the Bezerker repeating its first round with only a single missile kill in casualties.

And with that, the Bezerker secures a spot in the list at No. 5. how far will it go?

And for Battle No. 5, we have @Earthlinger's Bezerker drones facing off against @53miner53's Fighter number two. is the supermaneuverability of the F2 enough to keep it alive out here?

In the first round the answer is no. A lucky missile shot from the F2 knocks out a bezerker, but the Bezerker shows off its guns, with a single aircraft putting down an aircraft in front of, then behind, the aircraft, bringing the round to a swift end.

The second round can only be considered a mercy kill, with the Bezerkers knocking out all three F2s in a span of ten seconds with those .50 turrets!

And with the second round of testing done, the Bezerker takes the number four spot in a flash. But can it beat the X-02?

And now for Battle number six of the night, we have the @Earthlinger's Beezerker facing off against the formidable X-02 Taisch by @SuicidalInsanity. Can the Taisch's formidable armament and maneuverability keep it alive?

Well certainly not if it keeps blowing itself up! ANOTHER aim-120 knocks out a Taisch, leaving the Bezerker's guns to clean up the rest.

In the second battle the Bezerker claims more victims, making mince of the Taisch with guns only! Another 6-0 round for the Bezerker

As the Bezerker screams up the charts, we are only left to wonder if it can end Thor's reign.

For fight number Seven tonight, we have @Earthlinger's BEES vs the Viking drone, @Thor Wotansen Sanngrior in a Drone vs Drone match with a low parts count that my GPU fan appreciates. Whose drone will drone hardest?

In round one, the Sanngrior's AIM-9 mislocks on its lead, taking it out. The turrets sweep the floor after.

In round two, the Sanns get a kill in at first, but those fifty cal turrets seem to catch up to the tiny aircraft.

The winner of the number two slot is the Bezerker. But will it ascend to Valhalla in a final battle with Thor's aircraft?

21 minutes ago, drtricky said:

Might've been slightly wrong about vulcans being on par with turrets...:blush:

0-1-e1490268908256.jpg
Slightly?

Tonight, in a rare grab for power, we ascend to Valhalla for a battle to rule the top of the list. Will @Thor Wotansen's Bryntroll remain number one? Or will it be stung by the Bezerker's guns? also, @Earthlinger.

In the first round, the Bryntrolls got an early kill, but were quickly dispatched by the Bezerker's precision firepower

In a stunning reversal, the Bryntrolls get an initial missile kill in the second round, and take every bit to an advantage, wiping out the Bezerkers with precision gunfire and no losses of their own.

And in the third round, for the grand prize, the winner of this round was...

BEZERKER! WIPING OUT ALL THE BRYNTROLLS WITH NO LOSSES! WE HAVE A NEW #1, and i for one welcome our new turret drone overlords.

And now, for something entirely different, we have @drtricky's Flying Dorito, in to fight @53miner53's Fighter 2 for Air Supremacy (and the no.5 spot on the roster)

In the first battle, the Doritos were mercilous, knocking out the F2s with precision gunfire

In the second battle, something...bizarre happened. One of the Doritos was shot down. I cannot tell if it was a misfire or missile strike, but either way, the remaining two doritos fought hard against the f2, and with just one Dorito remaining, wiped the f2s out.

With that, we now have a new No.5 in the Dorito. Once the dorito's position is secured, we will test the F2 MK2 to see if it can re-enter the board.

2 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Making an executive decision here. @FleshJeb's Thwop Thwop will receive the honorable mention for best looking, as BDA AI cannot handle stock helicopters.

Also Moses will take heaviest payload since it has more variety and Molestron:wink: will take fastest. Bryntröll will take most maneuverable until I can submit @Avera9eJoe's Volta XV Series.

You might wanna test the Volta XV for speed too. I don't know what the champion speed is but the Spear reaches 800km pretty quickly. :)

And you're only submitting the Spear right? The switch is much heavier and less maneuverable due to the VTOL engines so there isn't much point in running it through the dogfights. Lifting capacity is another story though if you count flying with the VTOL engines pointing down... :wink:

And in another flavor-blasted fight, we're putting Dr. Cheeto's Flying Dorito (@drtricky) against the X-02 Taisch.

In fight one, the Doritos flavor blast the Taisch with their Vulcan miniguns.

And in fight two, they wash it down with some Mtn Dew CODE RED

And so, the Taisch takes the #5 spot, and the Dorito gets the #4. But can this chip beat Viking engineering?

6 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I wake up

Eat

Check the KSP forums

eighteen notifications

And #1 to boot

Wow. This day started off fun :D

Sorry, i'm trying to knock out the list so we can get back to submissions in the next 48hrs.

So we're doing something special. @Drtricky your dorito is battling @earthlinger's drones at the moment. However, there's a bit of a twist. You activated the MAD when the last battle ended in a tie (video will be up tomorrow). So i am doing a special, low resolution (720p) fight. 8v8. 

3 minutes ago, drtricky said:

@exbyde Wait, did the bezerkers win or lose against the bryntrolls?

Berzerkers won against bryntrolls. Stick around for a minute. I'm going to upload, like, seven videos. You are currently #1 in standings, and @Earthlinger's drones just got second place in a 8x8 murderdeathmatch.

Edited by exbyde

@Earthlinger @drtricky @HeroBrian_333 @Thor Wotansen We have a new No 1. By sudden death 8x8, the new winner is DrTricky's Flying Dorito (i forgot to record fight 2 of the dorito vs terror drones, sorry).

Sanngrior

Bryntrolls

Berzerker drones F1 and 3

SUPER 8x8 Flying Dorito vs Berzerker

Congratulations on our latest additions to the roster, and goodnight.

6 minutes ago, drtricky said:

Oh.

Hide contents

2bd.gif

Congratulations, the roster is as follows currently (for my records)
DrTricky- Dorito
Earthlinger-berzerker
Bertroll-Thor
Sanngrior-Thor
X-02 Taisch-Suicidalsomething

I'll be testing out the Fighter 2 MK2 against the Taisch tomorrow, then the T50, IAIO Qaher, Ordinance drone, and any vehicles after my list. After this, the hiatus will be over

Edited by exbyde

I got bored and while I realize this wrong for at least two reasons I can think of off hand (Didn't have a payload, probably didn't have to stop), I had fun doing it. Hah.

(Video will be finished in a few minutes of posting thing - my internet doesn't like 2k60)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.