Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

More wings = shallower angle of attack needed to pull a turn = higher lift to drag ratio = higher speed retention = go faster = control surfaces generate more force = faster turning = get on your enemy's tail before he can get on yours.

Edited by goduranus

12 minutes ago, goduranus said:

More wings = shallower angle of attack needed to pull a turn = higher lift to drag ratio = higher speed retention = go faster = control surfaces generate more force = faster turning = get on your enemy's tail before he can get on yours.

Might as well clip them into each other though. It improves aesthetics and ends up having the same results, so it's not 'cheaty'...

clip stationary wing(as opposed to control surfaces) into the main body, not outside, so they are closer to the center of mass, which means they contribute to a smaller moment of inertia, which lets the plane turn faster.

Edited by goduranus

11 minutes ago, Steven Kerman said:

Hey, does anyone have a working version of VesselMover? I'm always stuck at "Opening Craft Browser".

Yes, mine works fine. 1.3.1 x64.

10 hours ago, dundun93 said:

I'm also entering this:

https://kerbalx.com/dundun93/A23

Cool, ill add to the queue tonight

10 hours ago, dundun92 said:

MORE DUNDUN SHENNANAGINS @exbyde(erm, however you spell that...)!!!

https://kerbalx.com/dundun92/Du-3

Sweet ill test it for the manned category

9 hours ago, Abraxis said:

3 wings

y man

y do you do this

Clearly you havent been watching eidahlil's entries.

11 hours ago, Abraxis said:

3 wings

y man

y do you do this

Looks cooler in addition to the aerodynamic benefits. And, RCS doesn't go up significantly. 

And @Eidahlil, take a guess as to which of your older designs inspired this one! (Hint: I originally was going to place 1 GAU-8)

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

Alright, so after a good hiatus, we're back, and so is @dundun93's TFD to face off against @goduranus' Rabid Squirrels. Hope your vaccines are up to date

And it looks like the TFD continues its run to face off against @Eidahlil's Pike for all the glory!

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

And finally, we have a challenger to @Eidahlil's Pike. Can @dundun93's TFD beat out the Pike for all the marbles?

And yes, he can! We have a new champion in TFD!

Yes! I didn't think it could do it! 

@Eidahlil, not all of your planes are undefeatable... you've taken it for granted that you always win!

@exbyde, The TFD has 1 mod. Airplane plus. Not 0.

9 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Pike clamped will probably just be a replacement for the Pike, since its literally just a downtuned pike.

The clamp would have to be a replacement. Remember, the original pike broke the rules.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.