Jump to content

Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued


Recommended Posts

ALLLRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN we are back tonight for some more dogfights. Like last nights battle with the Kelp, this is a battle of high part counts, our contender, @dundun93's F455, which appears to have some basis in the Bullet series of aircraft, judging by its use of the FAT-455 stabilizer, one of the stabilizers with the least motion and slower response times. In response to this, we have our 5th place, the venerable Novi, @NotAnAimbot's thesis on single engine superiority. Will it continue to hold its own against the F-455's heavy missile and gun loads?

Abso-freakin- lutely. The F-455's may have been wiped from the map in the first round, but the second really showed what the Novi was capable of. Despite a friendly fire incident and missile shot, the last surviving Novi scratched all three F-455s in less than 30 seconds, a hellacious feat. The Novi remains on the leaderboard, guess its back to the drawing board for the f-455

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, exbyde said:

ALLLRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN we are back tonight for some more dogfights. Like last nights battle with the Kelp, this is a battle of high part counts, our contender, @dundun93's F455, which appears to have some basis in the Bullet series of aircraft, judging by its use of the FAT-455 stabilizer, one of the stabilizers with the least motion and slower response times. In response to this, we have our 5th place, the venerable Novi, @NotAnAimbot's thesis on single engine superiority. Will it continue to hold its own against the F-455's heavy missile and gun loads?

Abso-freakin- lutely. The F-455's may have been wiped from the map in the first round, but the second really showed what the Novi was capable of. Despite a friendly fire incident and missile shot, the last surviving Novi scratched all three F-455s in less than 30 seconds, a hellacious feat. The Novi remains on the leaderboard, guess its back to the drawing board for the f-455

The novi needs a "quick elimination" special mention. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

The novi needs a "quick elimination" special mention. 

The novi's getting a mention one way or another. "good kill" or "single engine superiority" or "underpowered overkill" are what come to mind. Thing is exceedingly vicious for something with a low t/w, a hell of a credit to Notanaimbot's design work.

Edited by exbyde
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, second battle of the day, we have a slight change in the roster. The Taisch will no longer be re-testing (for now), instead, we will be testing out @SuicidalInsanity's other optionally manned aircraft, the Delphinus. Its an evolution of the taisch, with longer wings, a longer, sleeker airframe, and strangely protruding gun/jammer pod. Either way, this should be a heck of a fight for the Delphinus and @NotAnAimbot's Novi.

Camera glitched this round, had me stuck to the same position on all aircraft

Well...the Dolphinus has a heck of an altimeter issue. When it doesn't fly into the ground, it wins. Unfortunately, a Delphinus ran into the ground the first time, destroying it, and in the third round, ripping off the rudders and leaving its wingmen out in the cold. Novi continues its reign in the No. 5 spot.

@kittenshark134 i'm not going to be able to test your craft at this time due to conflicts with vessel mover. When the aircraft is spawned in with vessel mover, the mk1 fuel tank moves forward to merge with the cockpit, altering the CG. Re-opening and saving the file does not resolve this. Let me know when you have resolved this and i'd be happy to test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Camera glitched this round, had me stuck to the same position on all aircraft

Press V on the keyboard to fix. :)

Also, thinking about it, I'd like to retract my Warhog for now. I'll see if I can rebuild it with less clipping. Craft like that are just not good sportsmanship. :)

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

Press V on the keyboard to fix. :)

Also, thinking about it, I'd like to retract my Warhog for now. I'll see if I can rebuild it with less clipping. Craft like that are just not good sportsmanship. :)

Thank you!

Tried, did not do anything. Same with C.

Alright, and without further delay, we have our next competitor, the Lancer ASF should ring a bell to you. @Earthlinger has submitted this aircraft a few times, but it always seems to fall short. Will it be able to over come @NotAnAimbot's Novi and take the ranking board?

 

Battle 2 is at the end because it wasn't exactly my best camera work (had to step out). In short, the Novi has fallen, long live the Lancer ASF. The novi will be getting an honorable mention, "splash three", for the aircraft's vicious kill streaks and surprising performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

I have, and it works well. 

Perfect. I do believe we have had VTOLs in the past that have not worked with BDA and were dq'ed over it, so had to ask.

And for our next fight, we have @Earthlinger's lancer fighting @drtricky's Dorito. Who will win?

In this round, the Doritos hold off the Lancers missiles at a long standoff distance, giving them a distinct advantage. Doritos win, but not without damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

dat spin maneuver tho

btw i'd suggest using ejection seat mod just in case ur plane screwed up in the air when the cockpit suvives

Ejection seats are not even aesthetic and also are for wimps. Ejection seat mods are banned (jk but seriously please don't make me download another mod because you want to be humane to the 3d characters).

Alright , and for this battle we are fighting @goduranus' pair of F-18s, the C and E variant, to see which is better. The F-18c and e are massively different aircraft in real life, with the E being more advanced and larger/heavier than the C. However in this case, the difference seems to be...air ducts?

There's a term in aviation, 8hrs bottle to throttle. The aft cg makes the pilots seem incompetent/drunk as they consistently get into spins. F-18c beats out the E by a decent margin, and will face the Lancer later tonight

Edited by exbyde
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty, and for our next battle, we have @goduranus F-18c up against @Earthlinger's Lancer. The F-18 isn't a slouch of a fighter, but the Lancer definitely has some time-tested AI on its side. Will it prevail?


Yes it will, as the F-18s are quickly dealt with.

@dundun92 your entry (IV-3) is disqualified. for reasons. involving sick takeoff cart tricks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Alrighty, and for our next battle, we have @goduranus F-18c up against @Earthlinger's Lancer. The F-18 isn't a slouch of a fighter, but the Lancer definitely has some time-tested AI on its side. Will it prevail?


Yes it will, as the F-18s are quickly dealt with.

@dundun92 your entry (IV-3) is disqualified. for reasons. involving sick takeoff cart tricks.

 

Huh? The seperatrons didnt activate? Try downloading it again. Could you set the takeoff speed to 70 then? Or do I have to do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Huh? The seperatrons didnt activate? Try downloading it again. Could you set the takeoff speed to 70 then? Or do I have to do that?

I'd preferr it if you tested your aircraft a little more and re-submitted the revised model. You could also put your aircraft at an angle from the takeoff trolley.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, exbyde said:

Well...the Delphinus has a heck of an altimeter issue. When it doesn't fly into the ground, it wins. Unfortunately, a Delphinus ran into the ground the first time, destroying it, and in the third round, ripping off the rudders and leaving its wingmen out in the cold. Novi continues its reign in the No. 5 spot.

Huh. In all the test matches I ran, it would occasionally have the opposite problem where one would climb into the sky to 12-13km, but this is the first I've seen them crash. I'll work on fixing that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And for our final battle of the night, we will witness the glory of the Blastoise facing off against @Earthlinger's lancer. The Blastoise got its name because @Plane Crazy can't name things. also shoulder turrets.

While the Blastoise is over gross for regular fights at 23 tons, i forgot to check and thus let it slide. However, the Lancer still creamed it, 6-0. The aircraft defaulted to its Vulcans over its turrets, and thus never fired a round.

Edited by exbyde
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, exbyde said:

I'd preferr it if you tested your aircraft a little more and re-submitted the revised model. You could also put your aircraft at an angle from the takeoff trolley.

It worked when I did it... 5 times. anyways, I will submit a revised design friday.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dundun92 said:

It worked when I did it... anyways, I will submit a revised design friday.

I'd say it was a failure on Vessel Mover if it didn't also happen to the first aircraft, so i don't know what to tell you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, exbyde said:

I'd say it was a failure on Vessel Mover if it didn't also happen to the first aircraft, so i don't know what to tell you.

Just curious, were the seperatrons on the gear action group? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Just curious, were the seperatrons on the gear action group? 

i didn't check, and i've shut the desktop computer off for the night. i'd be happy to check tomorrow morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Didn't expect the novi to make it that far

Let that be a reminder that spam isn't necessarily the way to making a good plane

The novi was quite aggressive, and always exceeded my expectations. Would love to see a revised version (especially one that didn't teamkill with AIM-9s) or something new if you felt like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...