KSP Wiki

LordFerret

Please note that the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service (collectively, the "Terms") were updated on March 6, 2018. Please read the agreements. Your acceptance of the Terms is required in order to access the Kerbal forums and the Kerbal Wiki.

I have to ask... how many times do I have to click on "I Agree" when visiting the Wiki???

This is getting old real fast.

1 minute ago, Gargamel said:

But it should be handle by cookies, not a login.

Or even just a simple paragraph at the top of the main page stating the use of the site constitutes blah blah blah... as is seen in so many other places.

Moving to Kerbal Network, since this is about the wiki rather than KSP itself.

FWIW, I only get the popup once per machine.  I assume it's looking for a cookie so it knows whether it's happened before.  For those of you who are getting it every single time... by any chance do you have cookies turned off, and/or are accessing it in private browser mode?

Just testing and it seems to matter where you "land" on the site.  If I click on a page I have already been to since I've accepted the popup it's ok but if I go to a part of the site I haven't visited since the new terms and conditions, I get the popup again.

3 hours ago, Snark said:

by any chance do you have cookies turned off, and/or are accessing it in private browser mode?

Why should I hold cookies ? Are there not better ways around ?

Edited by YNM

7 minutes ago, YNM said:

Why should I hold cookies ? Are there not better ways around ?

You have 2 options: They track who you are in some way so they know if you've okayed the box or not, or they ask you every time. If you deny them the ability to do the first (by logging in or allowing cookies), they'll do the 2nd.

Note I'm leaving off the 3rd option of "just don't bug us with the popup at all" because someone thought it was a good enough idea to do in the first place, I doubt they'll be changing that any time soon.

4 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

You have 2 options: They track who you are in some way so they know if you've okayed the box or not, or they ask you every time.

... or get a less intrusive banner like the ones on Wikipedia.

13 hours ago, LordFerret said:

I have to ask... how many times do I have to click on "I Agree" when visiting the Wiki???

It's setting a cookie, if you don't have them persist across sessions it will ask again.
Use the element picker in your adblocker of choice (Ublock origin here) to block the "I agree" popup and the overlay that stops you interacting with the site. Problem permanently solved.

Edited by steve_v

On 3/17/2018 at 1:52 AM, steve_v said:

It's setting a cookie, if you don't have them persist across sessions it will ask again.
Use the element picker in your adblocker of choice (Ublock origin here) to block the "I agree" popup and the overlay that stops you interacting with the site. Problem permanently solved.

Yes, done, did that... it's just annoying that one has to. Also, imagine those with no idea how to manage that, the frustration. It would be nice if the powers that be consider that and do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.