[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, unwisechart17 said:

I noticed that when using the new poodle single bell variant, it becomes invisible when you put your mouse over a gold and silver fairing that contains the engine. Nvm, all engines are invisible when a gold or silver fairing is over it.

If you press F2 to turn off the UI, do translucent parts appear correctly?

5 hours ago, Poodmund said:

If you press F2 to turn off the UI, do translucent parts appear correctly?

Screenshot from inside VAB

I'm new to KSP forums so I'm still figuring out how to upload images but here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. You can see that the part where the silver fairing is covering the engine you can't see the engine but when the fairing is not covering you can see the engine. I also did some more testing and realized that almost anything that is behind a gold or silver fairing appears invisible when you mouse over it.

Edited by unwisechart17
I forgot to add some stuff

14 minutes ago, unwisechart17 said:

Screenshot from inside VAB

I'm new to KSP forums so I'm still figuring out how to upload images but here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. You can see that the part where the silver fairing is covering the engine you can't see the engine but when the fairing is not covering you can see the engine. I also did some more testing and realized that almost anything that is behind a gold or silver fairing appears invisible when you mouse over it.

Is that a Restock thing or just a KSP thing?

11 hours ago, frencrs said:

Bump from bottom of last page.

Perhaps @cineboxandrew will know.

19 hours ago, Nertea said:

Doesn't seem like it could be related to this mod, we don't touch performance. 

Nope, that's RealPlume's responsibility.

Can you confirm you are using KSP 1.10.1? The fairing updates might not be backwards compatible below 1.10.1.

If not, we'll need the usual bug report contents.

Don't worry I figured it out, the stock fairings just don't show if you're using the Procedural Fairings - For Everything mod. I removed that and it worked perfectly.

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

Don't worry I figured it out, the stock fairings just don't show if you're using the Procedural Fairings - For Everything mod. I removed that and it worked perfectly.

It would be appreciated if you closed the issues on GitHub if you resolve them yourself. I've gone ahead and closed it for you.

55 minutes ago, Kerminator1000 said:

This might have already been answered but what is the difference between Restock and Restock+?

On 3/6/2019 at 8:20 AM, Nertea said:

KSP 1.10.1     

Restock [1.2.0] 
Last Updated August 20, 2020

It's no secret that some of KSP's artwork is not great. Placeholder art made by a number of amateur artists throughout the game's development has resulted in a scattered mess of styles and qualities which is most evident in the part artwork. Recently Squad seems to be attempting to do something to attempt to address it, but they're taking the art in a direction we stylistically disagree with and does not solve the inconsistency issues that plague the game. Because of this number of community members have come together to try to create a project that revamps KSP's art. This project has the following goals:

• Create a unity of design and style for all parts: In order to minimize work we'll be targeting the revised aircraft parts, which are the largest consistent block of parts.
  • Preserve the general aesthetic of KSP: We will do our best to keep the stylings of the more iconic parts while updating quality and fidelity.
  • Create consistency in detail level: no more 4k textures for tiny parts!
  • Minimize performance impact: use atlasing and efficient texturing to limit the need for any kind of better hardware than base KSP.
  • Do not affect gameplay or part balance

Features

• About 250 revamped parts (so far!) focusing on the ones that are used most in construction
  • New part variants where they made sense 
    • Boattail, compact and regular variants for engines
    • Orange insulated 3.75m tanks!
    • Gold foil-wrapped probe cores
  • New engine effects for all engines 
KSP 1.10.1   

Restock+ [1.2.0] 
Last Updated August 20, 2020

We believe that there are a number of places where KSP is missing key parts - for example, the 3.75m, 1.875m and 0.625m size classes are a little sparse. Restock+ aims to create parts that fill these niche, and is a carefully curated, fully optional project (that requires Restock to be installed of course).

The content in the OP is a pretty good explanation as to what either mod does.

5 hours ago, StaniZ said:

hi, i have a problem with the mod, the airstream shell looks transparent on all its models, any solution?

Do you have the latest version of restock installed and are you on 1.10.1

Hi, as I really appreciate these mods, I have started to translate them in french. However I'm quite ignorant of how the tag system works, this is why I have got questions about parts tags in restock+:

- are those characters functional :    )   ?   (   

- if yes, what is their purposes?

- what is the "lfo" tag?

- what is the "cmg" tag?

Anyway, many thanks for this beautiful overhaul of KSP's textures :)

EDIT: typos

Edited by vinix

14 hours ago, vinix said:

Hi, as I really appreciate these mods, I have started to translate them in french. However I'm quite ignorant of how the tag system works, this is why I have got questions about parts tags in restock+:

- are those characters functional :    )   ?   (   

- if yes, what is their purposes?

- what is the "lfo" tag?

- what is the "cmg" tag?

Anyway, many thanks for this beautiful overhaul of KSP's textures :)

EDIT: typos

LFO = Liquid fuel and oxygen

CMG = control moment gyroscope

im actually not sure what the parentheses and question marks do, its probably some pseudo-regex syntax (wildcard to the right, wildcard single character, wildcard to the left, maybe?). I think all the restock tag strings are just copied from stock equivalents with some extra stuff added onto the end

Edited by cineboxandrew

The team pulled together some fixes for 1.2.1 over the last week:

Restock 1.2.1

• Fix model/texture issues with Fairing bases and Interstage trusses.
  • Updated Chinese localization (Duck1998)
  • Updated French localization (vinix38)
  • Updated Single Bell, Orange/Grey, Compact "Poodle" variant to resolve top node issue.

Restock+ 1.2.1

• Fix model/texture issues with 1.875m Fairing base and Interstage truss.
  • Updated Chinese localization (Duck1998)
  • Revised all three Spherical Command Module part configs to fall in-line with capability of Making History parts.
  • Fix Anvil, Boar and Torch engine's Isp curves to go towards 0 Isp at high ambient pressures.