[1.12.x] Modular Segmented SRBs

linuxgurugamer

Hi - issue with 0.0.2.1 from Spacedock ... no parts from the mod show up in the editor. I did install SpaceTux. Did I miss something else?

Also, the Parts folder has a stray zip file in it. Here's my log ... hopefully I checked everything on my end ...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13gbKwtX4GqJyedBQa9ZmRuh-AQTiGR9X?usp=sharing

On 12/26/2019 at 1:18 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hi - issue with 0.0.2.1 from Spacedock ... no parts from the mod show up in the editor. I did install SpaceTux. Did I miss something else?

Also, the Parts folder has a stray zip file in it. Here's my log ... hopefully I checked everything on my end ...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13gbKwtX4GqJyedBQa9ZmRuh-AQTiGR9X?usp=sharing

You didn't install the SpaceTuxLibrary, as shown by this in the log file:

[WRN 09:54:51.509] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ModularSegmentedSRBs' has not met dependency 'KSP_ColorPicker' V1.0.0
[WRN 09:54:51.509] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ModularSegmentedSRBs' has not met dependency 'KSP_Log' V1.0.0
[WRN 09:54:51.509] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ModularSegmentedSRBs' has not met dependency 'KSP_PartHighlighter' V1.0.0
[WRN 09:54:51.509] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ModularSegmentedSRBs' is missing 3 dependencies

5 hours ago, Probus said:

Is it just me or does this mod slow down the editor when you switch categories @linuxgurugamer?  I seem to have picked up a giant lag that wasn't there before.  Anyone else notice this or is it just my set of mods?

Switch categories?  Are you using Filter Extensions?  

If you could do a video, that would be helpful.

Personally, I haven't noticed, but then, I run over 200 mods and have a very fast system, so it's possible

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You didn't install the SpaceTuxLibrary, as shown by this in the log file:

Switch categories?  Are you using Filter Extensions?  

If you could do a video, that would be helpful.

Personally, I haven't noticed, but then, I run over 200 mods and have a very fast system, so it's possible

Yes.  I'm using Filter Extensions, but I just meant switching part types, like from engines to fuel tanks, etc...

I will see if I can do a short video and give you a screen shot of my gamedata directory.

19 hours ago, Matt Chaffe said:

For some reason, I can't install the mod correctly. I've moved the entire file into the GameData file and haven't had any luck using the boosters. Do I have to split the folders up in the SRB main folder, or does it all go into GameData. Thank you!

You need the SpaceTux mod also.  See the bottom of the original post.  Hopefully that is all you need to do.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Tahvohck said:

@linuxgurugamer is there a reason the SpaceTux library isn't marked required for this on CKAN? I ran into the same issue as Orbital Maneuvers because I trusted CKAN to pull the dependency.

Because I forgot?

Fixing it now

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed some issues while testing this...

1: The TWR is HORRENDOUS, to the point that 2 2.5m max length (8m?) SRMs can not lift a Rockomax X200-32 tank off the pad.

2: (couldn't reproduce yet) sometimes the nosecones aren't detected as valid endcaps, drastically reducing the TWR (and dV) even further for no discernable reason.

3: The stock seperators aren't detected as valid endcaps. Ever.  Intentional?

4:

BKAU9q1.png

Yes, I had proper boosters down there.  They overheated within a few seconds, blew up... and lo and behold, my TWR shot up to 1.8, causing my testcraft to leap into the air.

5:  The surface attach nodes seem to be misconfigured, resulting in this to be the default attach orientation:

fx6XXsH.png

You can see the hydraulic detachment manifold sticking out of the segment, even though the segment is attached TO this manifold.

6: Switching filter category in the editor takes a LONG time. 6 seconds or longer.

I will continue testing and edit this post if I find more issues.

• 1 month later...

LGG,

I added this mod to my installation KSP 1.8.1 per your other thread for recommended mods.

I'm finding the included integrated nose cones aren't working quite right.  I see the parachute option for the integrated nose cones in the VAB and its configurable. However, when moving to the launch pad, the parachutes are missing in action on the staging list on the left side, and auto deploy a few seconds after launching.  It also appears the parachutes are already deployed FAR under the ground before launch.

I do have SpaceTux libraries installed as per this thread in previous posts.

Attached is the .craft file, log file (not sure if its the correct ones, please let me know) and the save file, and a CKAN file for my currently installed mods.  Let me know if you need any additional info.

SRB Problems Inclusions -- ZIP File

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.