[1.12.x] Kerbalnaut Training: Field Training Laboratory (FTL) & Field Training Facility (FTF)[28 Jun 2022]

zer0Kerbal

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 1:51 PM, mateusviccari said:

There seems to be a problem with FTF, I've waited some days to level two kerbals from level 1 to 5, and when I click "Level up crew" it just says "No astronauts on board are ready to gain experience". They still show only one star.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:17 PM, Dafni said:

Any idea why I get the "false" flag on all my science modules??

Thanks in advance!

@mateusviccari and @Dafni noted - would be helpful for both to create issue tickets on GitHub and include logs (KSP.log and /GameData/ModuleManager.configcache)

FTL  Github

FTF  Github

On 3/12/2023 at 1:51 PM, mateusviccari said:

There seems to be a problem with FTF, I've waited some days to level two kerbals from level 1 to 5, and when I click "Level up crew" it just says "No astronauts on board are ready to gain experience". They still show only one star.

do you have the level immediately option set in the main game settings? If so they won't level (IIRC) until they return to the KSC.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 3:14 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

@mateusviccari and @Dafni noted - would be helpful for both to create issue tickets on GitHub and include logs (KSP.log and /GameData/ModuleManager.configcache)

Thank you for getting back! I never messed with GitHub, nor log files for that matter. And I resolved the issue by building my play-throughs around FTF now. But when I find the time I will try to replicate the issue on a fresh install.

Thanks for your time!

• 10 months later...
10 hours ago, UndeadFirefly said:

What's the difference between the TrainingLabModule module and the FieldTrainingLab module? In the .cfg files they seem to have the same parameters. Are they interchangeable?

This is described on the first page.

Training Laboratory:
This mod provides Training method with consuming Science points.
Paying 20 sci, your kerbal can get 1 exp. Since leveling up method is very limited, you have to pay science point once enough to advance level.

Field training Facility:

This mod is similar with Training Laboratory, But one thing is different. It consumes Time and Electric Charge.

If you want level 5 kerbalnaut from level 0, You need to train your kerbal 1 year. Becoming level 1 will only need to wait 13 days, But as you know, high level needs more training.

35 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

This is described on the first page.

Training Laboratory:
This mod provides Training method with consuming Science points.
Paying 20 sci, your kerbal can get 1 exp. Since leveling up method is very limited, you have to pay science point once enough to advance level.

Field training Facility:

This mod is similar with Training Laboratory, But one thing is different. It consumes Time and Electric Charge.

If you want level 5 kerbalnaut from level 0, You need to train your kerbal 1 year. Becoming level 1 will only need to wait 13 days, But as you know, high level needs more training.

Sorry, let me clarify. The FieldTrainingLab mod provides MM patches for science lab parts. The generic Config\FieldTrainingLab.cfg adds the FieldTrainingLab module, but in the Bluedog and SSPX compatibility patches the TrainingLabModule is added instead, hence my question. They seem to have the same parameters so I was wondering if they are the same, or perhaps interchangeable.

I looked at the source code on Github but I found no mention of the TrainingLabModule, only the class definition for the FieldTrainingLab module. I'm not very knowledgable of how KSP modules work, so I'm just wondering what's going on.

4 hours ago, UndeadFirefly said:

Sorry, let me clarify. The FieldTrainingLab mod provides MM patches for science lab parts. The generic Config\FieldTrainingLab.cfg adds the FieldTrainingLab module, but in the Bluedog and SSPX compatibility patches the TrainingLabModule is added instead, hence my question. They seem to have the same parameters so I was wondering if they are the same, or perhaps interchangeable.

I looked at the source code on Github but I found no mention of the TrainingLabModule, only the class definition for the FieldTrainingLab module. I'm not very knowledgable of how KSP modules work, so I'm just wondering what's going on.

The difference as Cheesecake stated is how you pay for your training. BDB and SSPX have chosen to implement the "realistic" it takes time and charge method, whereas the default generic configs choose the "gamey" pay with science method.

I suggest you decide which better suits your particular play style for this save and then write a personal MM patch to standardise on that version of the lab.