[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

Missions with Spawned Kerbals and Life Support Mods

So interesting discovery, If you are using Kerbalism,  Kerbal Health, TAC Life Support or Snacks, then missions that generate spawned kerbals at specific locations are not provisioned with food, water, etc.,  and the countdown timer before bad effects happen starts when they spawn. This affects Navy Rescue missions, VIK transport missions, and Agent recovery missions, 

USI-Life Support ignores supply requirements while on Kerbin so this is not an issue. 

Discovered this the hard way, Ltjg Burvin Kerman... R.I.P. :sob::valsob:

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

So interesting discovery, If you are using Kerbalism,  Kerbal Health, TAC Life Support or Snacks, then missions that generate spawned kerbals at specific locations are not provisioned with food, water, etc.,  and the countdown timer before bad effects happen starts when they spawn. This affects Navy Rescue missions, VIK transport missions, and Agent recovery missions, 

USI-Life Support ignores supply requirements while on Kerbin so this is not an issue. 

It have effect on vanilla orbital rescue missions too. Even worse, if you are using mods that have cockpits without exit door. You can only rescue those kerbals if you are having discovered claw or similar part from mods that allow you to "dock" with stranded kerbal. Randevous maneuver need to be quick too. Somethnig to put in consideration when you are about to accept rescue missions.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, Caerfinon said:

is it when the *mission* spawns (as in: in the offered list) or when you accept the mission, and the target craft spawns?

10 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

when you accept the mission

The kerbal doesn't spawn in-game until you accept the mission.  While the mission is only offered, the kerbal is safely home with plenty to eat and drink.

• 3 weeks later...

Status Update:

Continuing to test Expeditions, however the issue with LS mods that don't "ignore" things on Kerbin is making expedition contracts, rescue contracts, and VIK transport contracts unplayable. So I'm really recommending either no LS mods of any kind, or use USI-LS which doesn't effect activities Kerbin Side at all.

It's just weird having a passenger waiting for pick up in an airport terminal starve to death. Oh the Kermanity! :valwow:

Status update:

• Revamped some of the flight progression mechanics
  • Flights to Top Secret Area 15 are now all under the KSIS Agency;
    • New introduction mission for KSIS occurs after Nye Island base is opened
      • resets flight progress when mission is offered to maximum level for stock game. If you have KSC Extended mod installed, it will trigger a Landing Rights mission to the TSC launch facility.
    • Agent Extractions returning to TSA15 
    • Cargo flights from random source base to TSA15
    • Asset transfers from random source base to TSA15
  • Deployments and Civil unrest flights still originate at the KSC
  • Cool down timers for non-TKA agency missions now clearly labeled when showing they are unmet
  • Extensive testing with rescue/extraction missions and USI-LS mod results in no loss of kerbal lives due to running out of food, water, snacks, etc.... :happy:

All files are currently on GitHub and will be available with the next scheduled release.

Edited by Caerfinon
spelling ugh

Version v2.0.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2 now on Spacedock

Updates:

• Issue 34 Expeditions - the ground game - new missions offered by the Kerbin Geographics Organization

• Issue 35 Navy Certification 1 cannot complete if the lvl2 VAB building is altered from Stock significantly.  - Corrected

Edited by Caerfinon
wiki link

4 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

How does that NavUtil settings window get displayed? Have we been able to actually click a list of runways?

The window is displayed by the toolbar icon to the right. You can click to the left of the window title to scroll through the runways (note this is blocked it you have a way-point selected as I do in this example. You need to deactivate navigation in way-point manager first). If you alt-rightmouseclick the NavUtils icon it brings up the setting window and there you have the complete runway list available to select (also if no way-point is active).

All the Kerbin Side Remastered runways are added by this mod as default runways in NavUtils.

31 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The window is displayed by the toolbar icon to the right. You can click to the left of the window title to scroll through the runways (note this is blocked it you have a way-point selected as I do in this example. You need to deactivate navigation in way-point manager first). If you alt-rightmouseclick the NavUtils icon it brings up the setting window and there you have the complete runway list available to select (also if no way-point is active).

All the Kerbin Side Remastered runways are added by this mod as default runways in NavUtils.

Totally strange. I have no right-click function. I wonder if some other mod is breaking this. Is there a newer version than 0.7.2 that I'm missing?

[GAH!]  Alt-rightclick. heh.  Missed that bit. ;)

Edited by Beetlecat

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

Is there a newer version than 0.7.2 that I'm missing

That's the version I use

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

[GAH!]  Alt-rightclick. heh.  Missed that bit

It is a little out of the ordinary...  

Status Update:

• Doing a little Kerbal-Konstructs work.
  • Large parts of Kerbin don't have airfield service and with the new expeditions and agent extraction missions I feel there should be more airstrips around to airlift ground vehicles too.
  • The airstrips are just a single 1700 meter runway in the middle of no where that can be used to airlift supplies and vehicles to for nearby ground missions.
  • Airstrips have no services and while they show on the map as "other" launch sites, they are set so that they cannot be launched from. The idea is that these are places to go, not start from.
  • If I do end up publishing them, they will be a separate mod so that no one is forced to take on extra sites if all they want to do is fly.
  • I don't plan to make contracts that are specific to the airstrips, they will just be convenient locations for air to ground transfers.

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

Status Update:

• Airstrips have no services and while they show on the map as "other" launch sites, they are set so that they cannot be launched from. The idea is that these are places to go, not start from.

This sounds really cool -- but not even little fuel farms to tank up from?

Bugs! I hate bugs. 

Issue 36  KSIS Cargo flight Dialogs with "UK Liason" - Minor cosmetic issue does not affect game play. Corrected files on Git hub for next release

Issue 37 VIK and CARGO missions can't start - two UK and two KSIS missions are unplayable. Testing fix now. Will release when testing completed.

Version V2.0.4 now on Spacedock

• Issue 36 KSIS Cargo flight Dialogs with "UK Liaison"

• Issue 37 VIK and Cargo Missions can't start

• Issue 29 removed all non-deterministic values for altitudes in Way-point generation as the results are inconsistent.

So I've run into yet another bug in my career game. This time it is with the United Knations missions. While they are still "playable" they are definitely "wonky" I suspect it has something to do with the custom UK  Transponder part I made based on the KER "chip" part.

In any event, the initial starting parameters are being thrown to to wind some how if you have more than one UK mission at a time you never really now which one is being "active" in certain situations.

So for play-ability I recommend only accepting one of these missions at a time. In the meanwhile I've rewriting them to fix the cross over and part problems - Issue 38 opened. :mad:

Lot's of reworking of the United Knations missions to make them "play" together nicely. 

• Now UK missions will have a specific observer assigned to the flight that must be loaded at the KSC and recovered at the destination airport.
  • The UK transponder has been removed from all but the Missing Aircraft mission. It is no longer used to validate launch parameters and is only used as an item to be recovered.
  • The Disaster Relief mission now starts and ends at the KSC. Careful planning in Vessel naming needs to be observed is using either the Drop Probe, or Ground Rover delivery method. This is detailed in the Wiki: The United Knations
  • Missions are in play-test currently and will be added to GitHub and then released in upcoming  v2.0.5

On 3/22/2021 at 5:09 PM, Caerfinon said:

The airstrips

Airstrips Current Status:

The design for the airstrips is done. It's a pretty simple runway

jvR0isQ.png

With minimum services. You can park your aircraft to go on ground missions nearby, or refuel, but the prices are very high so only buy what you need.

TJU5VBq.png

I have two done so far with eighteen more to go.

• Kramax Autopilot Continued - flight plans are available for the Airstrips but only from the IAF maker.
  • NavUtil - Haven't decided if I'll include this or not yet.  Jury is still out.

• Finished the layout of 20 new Airstrip locations on Kerbin.
  • Next step to configure the Navigation tools. After thinking about it I will make NavUtil settings for the new runways, but I will specifically leave out the maker signals from the config. 

• The navigation patches are completed and I'm now play-testing approaches and landings at each new site.

KSR GAP status:  

• Always bugged me that there wasn't a runway 27 flight plan for the Island Airport, So I've added it for the next release.
Edited by Caerfinon